DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

It's not too late to blow this universe up and start over.

Same idea I had to get rid of Kinberg/Singer's FOX-Men; have Legion show up (or Franklin Richards) and destroy the universe and create a new one. For the DCEU, have the Anti-Monitor show up and devour this universe as we see him about to prey on a new one which will be the new focus of the DC movies.

I say it should have been superman and clean up MOS a bit.. and have that trigger:

WW, green lantern and aquaman.. all movies happen around the same time.. the events of that film trigger WW needing to come amongst man.. ditto aquaman

then you could tie in the death of abin sur, since he's on his way to check out what's going on.. could also tie in cyborg's injury

And flash you use as an Easter egg where he's doing his research.. and you show a kid that will eventually be Shazam, have him saving people during MOS

Last edited:
Since the start I never thought BvS dropping right after Superman was a good idea. Didn't make sense to me. But I guess they were in a rush thinking batman and superman in the same movie = 1 billi+.
Damn near everybody thought it was a bad idea and misfire after it was announced :lol:

A huge majority would've swore naturally there would be a MOS sequel (which is now in purgatory).

They rushed things and released one of the worst cbms out.

That's not a denial.

The new script is already in. So was that done from scratch or the Terrio one?

Saying we're all happy is just to throw the cynical and suspicious off.

Also if ppl asking questions constantly was a problem, it's only gonna happen more now.

Superman
Superman 2
Batman
Wonder Woman
Justice League

At the very least, this is something like what we should have gotten.To this day i'll never understand the order they went with.

Man of Steel->Batman vs Superman->Suicide Squad->Wonder Woman->Justice League

That order is terrible in so many ways :smh: It's amazing that Suicide Squad did well enough to even keep this universe going to be honest. And for Batman they've really relied on the fact that the character has been pushed so hard, in so many different forms of media over the past decade. You don't need an origin film for him for a good while if you don't want to make one. People will always go to see a Batman movie though, origin or no. Could have still had him start off experienced and even had him monitoring Superman and other Metahuman activities. Also, don't rush the New Gods for the first Justice League film, instead do something that's on a similar, cosmic scale, which can be a planetary threat. Said before that Braniac has the potential to work as a Justice League villain, which would also tie back to Man of Steel, Krypton, and the start of the DCEU. Drop some crumbs hinting at Darkseid however, with something happening in Justice League that draws his attention, such as the defeat of a cosmic planet raider like Braniac.

Last edited:
So the Batman Lego movie is getting a lot of praise.

laugh.gif

Even with Jason Todd being dead, there's no reason Batman should be in his 40s. He was only in his 30s when the kid died in the comics anyways.

When Robin became Nightwing and Todd was introduced, Batman was 29. The editorial stance at the time was Batman and Superman were always 29

Even with Jason Todd being dead, there's no reason Batman should be in his 40s. He was only in his 30s when the kid died in the comics anyways.

When Robin became Nightwing and Todd was introduced, Batman was 29. The editorial stance at the time was Batman and Superman were always 29

Perhaps, simple logic would dictate that Batman was years older than 29 however. Year One has Bruce being 25. **** Grayson is taken in 1-2 years after. He's with Bruce for at least 7 years before he becomes Nightwing. No way Bruce would be 29, just from the point that **** becomes Nightwing. Jason Todd then dies at least a year after that, making him even older :lol: Editorial decisions like that never make sense based on what actually happens though.

Last edited:
Yeah. Bruce has to be young in comics just so they can keep going but it doesnt make sense for him to have trained **** for a few years. **** leave to be nightwing and then he get Jason all before he's 30. It makes sense imo that Bruce was solo from his late 20's to early 30s. **** was robin for maybe 5-6 years before being nightwing. Meaning Bruce would be in his late 30's. That makes sense. Have Nightwing be 27-28 while Bruce is 38-40

I wanna say Batfleck was like 44-45 somwhile a little older than I would've liked it's not too bad

Last edited:
Joe Manganiello Says He's Started Katana Training For Deathstroke Role In Ben Affleck's BATMAN Movie

"I’m somebody that likes to start preparing way ahead of time. So I’ve read almost all the comic books involving him. Just to get the information out of them. Some of them are useful. Some of them are not going to be useful. Because ultimately the script—that’s my text. I have to play that.

I started katana training recently. Like live sword training and I started meeting with various martial arts teachers and discussing with them. 'Ok, so what are the most offensive styles of martial arts'. Ones where you’re not waiting for someone to attack you but ones where you’re looking to make the attack. Then what are the most deadly ones? Where are the scrolls, the ancient Japanese scrolls that have these really deadly techniques that you don’t teach to the average student out the street? Something that only somebody who would go looking for it that are really really bad, you know, are dangerous. Like, what are those?

'Ok, so now what are the stances?' What are like some really unorthodox stances that someone who learns say Ninjutsu would stand in? Ok, so now what if that person lost an eye? If that person lost an eye how would they then alter the stance so that you would have better peripheral vision. What would that look like? So then you start cooking, and then you start building a story. Kind of outside-in. That’s like a very physical way to build a story.

Then on the other side of it, like I said, I’m looking at the script rather than the comic books. I mean the comic books are giving me a good general kind of area of what we’re talking about. Where this characters located. But the script is really like, you know. Because they might change the canon. There’s been like 3 or 4 different ways that he’s lost his eye. Are we doing one of those? Or are we doing it a completely new way? Like, I need to play that."

Mangorilla is a good get for this -- hope he flourishes

Trust that they'll try to Willshot him and get him as much screentime without the mask on -- for the ladies

Mangorilla is a good get for this -- hope he flourishes

Trust that they'll try to Willshot him and get him as much screentime without the mask on -- for the ladies
I wouldn't mind both him and willshot in the same movie. Kinda like they did with Arkham Origins. 

Was this before or after the script rewrites. They may have scrapped the whole Slade idea altogether

Last edited:
Perhaps, simple logic would dictate that Batman was years older than 29 however. Year One has Bruce being 25. **** Grayson is taken in 1-2 years after. He's with Bruce for at least 7 years before he becomes Nightwing. No way Bruce would be 29, just from the point that **** becomes Nightwing. Jason Todd then dies at least a year after that, making him even older :lol: Editorial decisions like that never make sense based on what actually happens though.

Year One was like 90s/2000s tho, no?

In original continuity (and I mean from Detective Comics #27) Bruce Wayne/Batman's first appearance established him as 23 years old; Robin at age 12 was introduced less than a year later.

In the 80s, before retcons, redone origins,and continuity shuffles, a Robin quitting at 18 and Bruce adopting Jason at 29 works out

Last edited:

In original continuity (and I mean from Detective Comics #27) Bruce Wayne/Batman's first appearance established him as 23 years old; Robin at age 12 was introduced less than a year later.

In the 80s, before retcons, redone origins,and continuity shuffles, a Robin quitting at 18 and Bruce adopting Jason at 29 works out
I think we all agree that robins not going to be 12 when he starts as that is wildly reckless on the side of Bruce and pretty dumb to be honest. If they are going to do robin hes gonna be in his 20's

Year One came out in 1987.

No. In the original continuity, Grayson became Robin at the age of 8, so it still doesn't work out, even with Bruce starting as Batman at 23. Because he stops being Robin at the age of 18, which would make Bruce 34-35, since he still didn't take **** on as Robin within his first year as Batman. Though in the original continuity, Jason Todd was red haired and never died via Death in the Family. There's literally no way you slice it that Bruce Wayne being 29 when **** quits as Robin works out, except for the most recent continuity actually. Per the New 52, Bruce is 32/33 at the moment. Yet he's already had **** Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake as partners, along with Damian Wayne as his 10 (Now 13) year old son. And this only works out because they aged **** to starting out as Robin at 16 and then drastically decreased the amount of time that ****, Jason, and Tim spent working as Batman's partner.

And even then the New 52 doesn't really work out, because Batman going through 4 Robins, plus a Batgirl who gets paralyzed, in a period of around 5 years is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Synopsis of the JL movie

First Justice League synopsis hits the net
In the wake of Clark Kent/Superman’s (Cavill) death at the hands of Doomsday in BvS, vigilante Bruce Wayne/Batman (Affleck) reevaluates his extreme methods and begins reaching out to extraordinary heroes to assemble a team of crime-fighters to defend earth from all kinds of threats. Together with Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Gadot), Batman seeks out cybernetically enhanced former college football star Vic Stone/Cyborg (Fisher), speedster Barry Allen/The Flash (Miller) and Atlantean warrior king Arthur Curry/Aquaman (Momoa). They face off against Steppenwolf (Hinds), the herald and second-in-command to alien warlord Darkseld, who is charged by Darkseid with hunting down three artefacts hidden on earth.
Promising.

Link.

They should just copy the JL animated show and movies and have Darkseid invade followed by a huge city fight. Throw some lanterns in, kill off Cyborg somehow and we're good

Year One came out in 1987.

No. In the original continuity, Grayson became Robin at the age of 8, so it still doesn't work out, even with Bruce starting as Batman at 23. Because he stops being Robin at the age of 18, which would make Bruce 34-35, since he still didn't take **** on as Robin within his first year as Batman. Though in the original continuity, Jason Todd was red haired and never died via Death in the Family. There's literally no way you slice it that Bruce Wayne being 29 when **** quits as Robin works out, except for the most recent continuity actually. Per the New 52, Bruce is 32/33 at the moment. Yet he's already had **** Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake as partners, along with Damian Wayne as his 10 (Now 13) year old son. And this only works out because they aged **** to starting out as Robin at 16 and then drastically decreased the amount of time that ****, Jason, and Tim spent working as Batman's partner.

And even then the New 52 doesn't really work out, because Batman going through 4 Robins, plus a Batgirl who gets paralyzed, in a period of around 5 years is ridiculous.

Iight then **** it :lol: but I think the Batfamily being formed in 5 years was changed

Yes erase them all except for Batwoman.

You have to account for retcons and Batman stories that take place in the past and are then shoved in to fit with continuity.

Cuz going by publishing dates, Todd died before Year One existed.

Before that specific ages weren't that cut and dry.

Last edited:
Sometimes they were, especially back in the day.

Like my example of Superman/Batman being 29, Grayson was 18 and a college freshman when he became Nightwing, Wally West's first issue as the Flash was explicitly during his 20th birthday, etc.

On the Marvel side you have Spidey being fifteen and aging in real time with the publication so that he was 20 by 1966/67

Both DC/Marvel have wised up nowadays and have allowed the ages of their established heroes to be a bit more nebulous. The only current ages I can recall as concrete were 1610 Peter dying at 16 and Miles Morales being 13 (now 16 I believe?)

We're better off not knowing the exact ages of Bats, Supes, Iron Man etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom