DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Eh too much pressure. Dude would have to do a ton of research on his character and others to try and make the character justice, plus get into character and have to direct others.
But that's exactly what Ben did for The Town, Argo, and Live By Night.

He didn't buckle under pressure there. The first 2 he saw great success.

I still don't know why they had to make Bruce old. Like why the grey hairs?
Ben doesn't even have a lot of grey in him.
They wanted Dark Knight Returns for some odd reason. I say that's all Snyder's desire and Ben was down. In that story Bruce has retired for decades, is over 50 and comes back to take on a new threat and then the Joker. They compromised for the movie. I don't think he's that old.

Older Batman plus Superman doing his thing for a year makes no sense to me but that's what they wanted.

Last edited:
I've said this numerous times.. but piggybacking off of that storyline was incredible dumb..

you clear had a lot more going on that it simply being batman being old and him being concerned about any possibility whatsoever that superman could be bad.. so he had to take it out before anything (which theoretically means dude should just pull an ultron, since we all have the potential for bad)

as an isolated story, I wouldn't mind seeing Snyder basically rip off the cartoon/comic and make a live action version

but really batman should have been 30, max 35 and that's really pushing it.. he's 25 in year one.. so if he's 30 that gives him 5 years experience and he's still the vet of the crew (and obviously you don't need another batman origin story)

you do origin movies for WW, Martian manhunter, aquaman, maybe shazam and probably best to do a better version of green lantern.. cyborg you have as an accident like with the cartoon movie with darkseid

Last edited:
I don't mind older batman. With older batman it allows you to have nightwing, Jason Todd dead, and Red Robin. The younger batman is the less likely he is gonna have the bat family

older batman you're more likely get the "world's greatest detective" title and have fail safes against all the meta humans and what not while a younger batman you'll just get the crime fighter title

Snyder just wanted older Batman so he could film this:

tumblr_nrc8tvCsWB1tw9yl5o1_400.gif

I think the pressure is totally different on this movie then those other two. With this you have millions of people to please and get things right, production is way larger then Argo and the town.

Definitely see it being stressful.

Another weird issue I have with Batffleck having 10 years in Superman is Clark even after his dad's dumb death still was raised in Smallville with Gotham right across the pond before he becomes a hobo. Batman would have to already be active in Gotham with his robins and all that. He's be a myth first then obviously revealed to be real and a crimefighter.

So I don't get Clark working at the newspaper now getting an interest in Batman.

I mean Batman influencing a younger Clark would've at least made sense of Zod's murder.

I don't mind older batman. With older batman it allows you to have nightwing, Jason Todd dead, and Red Robin. The younger batman is the less likely he is gonna have the bat family
**** the bat-family.

Hope they reveal it wasn't just Robin but some villain killed all of his child sidekicks and he learned his lesson.

older batman you're more likely get the "world's greatest detective" title and have fail safes against all the meta humans and what not while a younger batman you'll just get the crime fighter title
I feel like in the real world that's how it would work. It's take time to earn that title but in the movies he's a ******* genius that's mastered game theory, deduction, several fields of criminology and foresnics, psychology, etc. so he's pretty much a great detective by 25. The best by 30.

I think the pressure is totally different on this movie then those other two. With this you have millions of people to please and get things right, production is way larger then Argo and the town.

Definitely see it being stressful.
As far as fans, online trolls, and media ppl **** them.

As far as the studio, if they want this to be a success Ben shouldve made it clear As day he needs to do this his way and can't be mages about it daily.

I'd find it insane if WB execs nagging Ben contributed to him stepping down from directing.

The production being larger shouldn't have that much of a negative impact.

Last edited:
Apparently the new script stuff is just part of the grand ol' smear campaign

Several sources already saying new script came in this month and everyone including Emmerich and Ben very happy with it

Another weird issue I have with Batffleck having 10 years in Superman is Clark even after his dad's dumb death still was raised in Smallville with Gotham right across the pond

Smallville is in Kansas
So they completely changed Metropolis being the city and Smallville being the farm town outside of it?

Cuz then things really change for the movie and Superman's origin.

Exactly what state is Gotham and Metropolis suppose to be in?

Lex sent goons to the Midwest to kidnap Martha?

Last edited:
I don't think the geography in the film is the same as in the comics

they seemed to bounce from Smallville to Metropolis pretty quickly in MoS, but then again it was Superman and Zod so idk if that's a good judge :lol:

I don't think the geography in the film is the same as in the comics

they seemed to bounce from Smallville to Metropolis pretty quickly in MoS, but then again it was Superman and Zod so idk if that's a good judge :lol:

They had two separate fights, one in Smallville and one later in Metropolis

The only geographical liberty in question is Metropolis and Gotham being across the bay/river/whatever. They're depicted as close in the comics (as in a decent drive), but IDK if it's ever been that close.

Maybe I'm too focused on the tv show cuz Metropolis city was always the city in Kansas that Clark went to from Smallville.

The Kent's drove there :lol:

If it was on the east coast the whole time the logistics make no sense.

I'd probably check more comics if it's always been that way but it's w/e.

So Lex legit sent goons to the Midwest to get Martha and bring her back to an east coast city. Ok.

Last edited:
Supes is just a scumbag. Apparently he never turned in the news and saw how bad Gotham was

I still say way too stressful to handle a batman movie then doing the town and argo...

I know i would be.

Agree on bats age. Why does he have to be 40s to already be the man he is. This a comic movie, by 30 he should be an expert in everything and have all his robins now :lol:

I know you aint a fan of the robins, but i want to see red hood, knighting and Tim as robin, especially if he is done like he was in the games :pimp:

Clark not knowing crap about the bat is so dumb. If he be doing his thing for 20 years, who the hell they think been putting in them dudes in arkham.

Even with Jason Todd being dead, there's no reason Batman should be in his 40s. He was only in his 30s when the kid died in the comics anyways.

The only geographical liberty in question is Metropolis and Gotham being across the bay/river/whatever. They're depicted as close in the comics (as in a decent drive), but IDK if it's ever been that close.

The distance between Gotham City and Metropolis has varied over the years, but being across the bay from one another was one of those variations. So, it's accurate to at least one interpretation from the comics.

Last edited:
Problem is we were on the 2nd introducing there whole new world..

solely bat movie you have him 5-10 years in and you introduce whichever Robin you want to go with.. hell establish the whole world, have him and talia flirting so you can have Damian later on

When you're couple movies in **** who was let's say 16 or so in the first film is in his 20s and can become nightwing

But you're establishing the main justice league guys.. focus on them before thinking about nightwing or redhood or whoever

Actually let shht build.. develop

Can't have the one actual human sucking wind by the 2nd justice league film

Look at marvel.. first iron man was 2008 and shht is just revving up

By time you throw in solo movies for other characters and then the team up justice league film.. the ability to skip a year or two in the universe (not literally skipping a year or two)

By time you're on the 3rd solo film, you got nightwing.. hell you can even reference Todd, so you can do redhood later on

They really should have just started with origin films for the League. Do it in phases. Set up the League with origin films (Except for Cyborg, give him a cameo in a couple of films), JL film, branch out to another team. Teen Titans/Titans would be easy enough, since you could introduce a number of them as sidekicks or via cameos in the first, second, or third films for the main heroes, in the same way Marvel did with Falcoln, Black Widow, War Machine, and Hawkeye. Or just do an entirely different team if you're not trying to have sidekicks/teen heroes in this verse, which I wouldn't be surprised by since they started off with Jason Todd already dead :lol: Son never had a chance. Go ahead and do Justice League Dark instead then. Aquaman and Wonder Woman have enough mystical crap in their histories that between 2 to 3 films you could find some way to reference various magical characters. Hell, Batman's got a past with Zatanna and you could even tie him in to Etrigan in the same way that the New Batman Adventures/Justice League the Animated Series did. Between all of that go ahead and introduce the Suicide Squad, which is easily set up by having surviving villains from the solo films, even if they're not the main villains of those films, be captured, imprisoned, and recruited by Amanda Waller. This you could have seen in the after credit scenes for a bunch of the solo films. Just move Batman vs Superman back a bit and you've got yourself a solid franchise.

Origin films for everyone but batman.. and hell, with batman you have him lingering in the background of those movies

Show him playing the detective building a dossier on the rest of them, inclusive of enemies.. something pops off and he shows up.. analyzes the situation and sees if the hero can handle things

Hell, have him going overboard and following the heroes and the bad guys to find out everything he can.. so you see him being that obsessive guy

Then when that big thing pops off.. dude is giving orders and putting them in check

And on suicide squad, you throw those guys in like Barloc the leader in WS or klaw in UOA.. obviously some don't need a huge intro

Last edited:
Since the start I never thought BvS dropping right after Superman was a good idea. Didn't make sense to me. But I guess they were in a rush thinking batman and superman in the same movie = 1 billi+. Had they really put some thought into this and developed the characters and stories right then DC/WB would've been cooking. Personally I think this is the order the movies should've dropped. All with origin stories for their first adaptations (even if the batman origin has been done a million times already). Give Cyborg the Hawkeye treatment and make a Suicide Squad movie after we've seen most of those villains introduced in these hero movies.

Superman
Superman 2
Batman
Wonder Woman
Justice League

Batman 2
Flash
Aquaman
Superman 3
Green Lantern
Justice league 2

Wonder Woman 2