DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Extremely good get,

Read about a theory that the page 1 rewrites for batman and flash could be good things because they're trying to start over with what they can..

Hopefully wonderwoman, justice leage, and aquaman are cohesive stories and give us bits of a larger story.

Supposedly, if Matt Reeves deal does not fall through (apparently they are still in early talks) then Ridley Scott is next ont he wing along with Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead Remake and Don't Breathe).

"Ridley Scott, the British director famous for Alien, Blade Runner, Gladiator and The Martian, has said he would never direct a superhero movie. Speaking to Digital Spy, Scott, 79, said the genre is “not my kind of thing”.

He said he has turned down several offers. “I can’t believe in the thin, gossamer tightrope of the non-reality of the situation of the superhero,” he said."

“Blade Runner really is a comic strip when you think about it,” he said. “It’s a dark story told in an unreal world. You could almost put Batman or Superman in that world, that atmosphere, except I’d have a ******* good story, as opposed to no story!”

:rofl:

Hollywood funny

Whoa! That is pretty dope! This is going to instantly sellout.

Funny how they can have a wonder woman line, but no black widow. 

Last edited:
Supposedly, if Matt Reeves deal does not fall through (apparently they are still in early talks) then Ridley Scott is next ont he wing along with Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead Remake and Don't Breathe).
I knew the Reeves news wasn't official which is why I didn't bother commenting on it.

DC crazy if they think it'll be smooth sailing with Ridley. Espeially if they got him to get past his superhero hangups. They couldn't micromanage him.

More I think about it he's not the right choice.

Not familiar with the other guy.
Funny how they can have a wonder woman line, but no black widow. 
WW is the one with the solo movie not BW. Makes sense to give WW an entire line.

Last edited:
Campea from Collider said he's been told by people that Ben wants out altogether

but immediately after saying it he said "it might not be true", "i don't do scoops" and "it could be completely wrong"

:lol:

Campea from Collider said he's been told by people that Ben wants out altogether

but immediately after saying it he said "it might not be true", "i don't do scoops" and "it could be completely wrong"

:lol:
He really isn't a scoop guy and should stop :lol:

Let the dudes with a track record post that stuff.

With that said, if true, :stoneface: if Ben bails on Batman and DC. Then they'd really have to cancel all this and start over the right way.

Really goes back to the expression on Ben's face when he realized he was in another utter trash **** movie and got a glimpse of all of the fan reaction.

Wouldn't be surprised if he does leave then makes his own superhero flick/universe from scratch.

If he signed that deal then he's trapped lol

at this point he probably just doesn't want to deal with the pressure and attention involved but i don't think there is anything he can do now

laugh.gif
He really isn't a scoop guy and should stop
laugh.gif

Let the dudes with a track record post that stuff.

With that said, if true,
indifferent.gif
if Ben bails on Batman and DC. Then they'd really have to cancel all this and start over the right way.

Really goes back to the expression on Ben's face when he realized he was in another utter trash **** movie and got a glimpse of all of the fan reaction.

Wouldn't be surprised if he does leave then makes his own superhero flick/universe from scratch.

Ben was doing great. He's one of the best up and coming directors of our generation. He was feeling good starring in movies with other great directors and doing what he wanted to do.

He looks back on his past duds as probably something he can fix and make up for. He probably has some love story to make up for Gigli :lol: So Daredevil, what better way to make up for that than with Batman since WB is starting this new DC cinematic universe? Couldn't go back to Marvel since there isn't any hero he really can fit in with.

He did this for himself. Don't know how much of a b move it is if he just finished off the JLs and that's it. May even ask for his Batman to be killed off if DC doesn't want to reboot.

If he signed that deal then he's trapped lol

at this point he probably just doesn't want to deal with the pressure and attention involved but i don't think there is anything he can do now
Ben won't bail. He's not gonna burn that bridge with WB. Who else is gonna finance and let him direct bombs.
I don't think he signed a multi-movie deal. Think he signed on for BvS and the JLs.

He can bail even with a contract though. This happens all the time in Hollywood. If Ben wanted, especially since he's also a writer and director he can just do a deal where he gives WB first look at his other movies or do a deal where he directs some other movies they want him to. If he involves another studio they can also trade something.

So it's far from impossible given he already has a working relationship with them.

View media item 2286982
#SADFFLECK

giphy.gif

Last edited:
^^^ still something I plan on checking out, I think this is his first dud/flop since he began the whole directing thing, he's been consistent 3 straight times, which is plenty for me to let this one movie, which screams self indulgence, slide
he's still someone who's original work I'm still looking forward too. Kinda bummed he's in this DCEU to be honest, much like how Andrew Garfield was locked in at sony for min as Spiderman, some people I love seeing flourish outside the whole superhero franchise thing. With him not directing I'm hoping we still get consistent directorial releases from Affleck

Last edited:
I think if afflecks last movie is Batman, they use flash to reset the timeline and start over by with somewhat established characters.

Use flashpoint to reset.. but it'd be risky cause WB would F it up.

Last edited:
On a completely different note, I was at universal this weekend and finally checked out Harry Potter land.

Was pretty cool but then got to thinking that why was a WB property at universal, how does all that work?

Could universal use the DC characters and make a heros land or whatever?

I know six flags uses the DC characters so I'm assuming movie rights are different than branding rights?

Anyone shed some light?

I bet he blames his involvement in BvS for that. Like a black cat crossing your path.

Now it's one poorly received movie after another.

He needs to get right.

If he bails on Batman altogether you can bet JL is ****. Since he's not directing Batman I'm hoping he can bounce back with Bunker Hill for WB or The Witness For The Prosecution for Fox.
On a completely different note, I was at universal this weekend and finally checked out Harry Potter land.

Was pretty cool but then got to thinking that why was a WB property at universal, how does all that work?

Could universal use the DC characters and make a heros land or whatever?

I know six flags uses the DC characters so I'm assuming movie rights are different than branding rights?

Anyone shed some light?
DC probably licensed the theme park rights to Universal.

Sort of like how DC and Marvel licensed video game or animated movie rights to Lego.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom