DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Talks with Matt Reeves have apparently broken down :rofl:
Main reason I aint even speak on it again is cuz it was never official.

All the posters in here saying things will be fine even though Batffleck aint directing no more just assumed this guy was a lock :lol: :smh:

Unfortunately looking like we getting closer to Ben backing out of DC altogether.

At this point I'd be interested in a Behind The Scenes Movie about the struggle to make this movie just like the Kevin Smith/Nic Cage Superman Movie

:smh: :smh: :smh:

In all honesty, they've still got the Aquaman and Flash films to finish, and the latter doesn't even have a director yet, before they get to Batman (Assuming that all this doesn't cause them to push Batman's film back). DC needs to just be focusing on making sure those two films, the first live action attempts for either on the big screen iirc, do well before worrying about Batman. It's pretty much a guarantee that people will go see Batman no matter what anyways.

In all honesty, they've still got the Aquaman and Flash films to finish, and the latter doesn't even have a director yet, before they get to Batman (Assuming that all this doesn't cause them to push Batman's film back). DC needs to just be focusing on making sure those two films, the first live action attempts for either on the big screen iirc, do well before worrying about Batman. It's pretty much a guarantee that people will go see Batman no matter what anyways.
Flash wasn't gonna come out for a while if at all TBH. It's one of the least likely out of all the D.C. Movies. Aquaman and Suicide squad 2 are pretty much locks with the Harley movie behind them. Cyborg, Flash and GL are still up in the air

As for Batman, rumor has it that CAA is using the fact that D.C. Has a toxic image right now as a way to negotiate more money for reeves. I don't think it's gonna work honestly.

Flash wasn't gonna come out for a while if at all TBH. It's one of the least likely out of all the D.C. Movies. Aquaman and Suicide squad 2 are pretty much locks with the Harley movie behind them. Cyborg, Flash and GL are still up in the air

As for Batman, rumor has it that CAA is using the fact that D.C. Has a toxic image right now as a way to negotiate more money for reeves. I don't think it's gonna work honestly.

With Flash's current popularity, not making a film is dumb. That film honesty has a greater chance of success than something like Suicide Squad, which was a random shot in the dark. Hell, if you're making an Aquaman film and taking it seriously, not doing one for Flash looks even dumber. :lol: I'm confident he'll be getting a film though.

Last edited:
With marvel succeeding with lesser properties after having built something.. their whole plan is absurd

Why try and hit the fast forward button and rush to catch up.. instead of simply following their formula

You would think, from a business perspective, they would want to make as much movies as they can to generate as much revenue as possible

Ditto with fox and xmen just skipping to big event movies instead of actually building and developing characters

Last edited:
I hope they still have Gavin O'Connor on stand-by. I don't want Ridley Scott for Batman.
Wait Ridley Scott? He was in consideration for real?

WB must be giving out blank checks for the well known/great directors cuz Scott ******* on superhero movies some time last year too. Money changing these guys mind's with ease.

Of the movies I've seen of his I dunno what his Batman approach would be like. Can't just assume he gonna make a Gladiator or American Gangster type quality Batman flick.

How was Robin Hood? :nerd: That character probably the closest thing to Batman in Scott's filmography.

With marvel succeeding with lesser properties after having built something.. their whole plan is absurd

Why try and hit the fast forward button and rush to catch up.. instead of simply following their formula

You would think, from a business perspective, they would want to make as much movies as they can to generate as much revenue as possible

Ditto with fox and xmen just skipping to big event movies instead of actually building and developing characters
Both just abandoned trying to make strong foundation.

Last edited:
just got back from Lego Batman

Pixar and whoever better bring it, I honestly can't see anything else winning Best Animated Picture

I was in tears 5 minutes in, so many easter eggs crammed in

easily a top 5 comedy for this year in movies

I mean it's just an animated comedy :lol:

I have completely different approach to those movies and I rarely watch them in theater.

So there was a wonder woman screening last night here in Cali. Couldn't find any Twitter reactions. Zack Snyder, Patty Jenkins, Brett Ratner attended the screening.

Lowkey I been getting this "Wonder Woman is trash" vibe for months :lol:. Nothing to base it on, just a hunch

Hope I'm wrong tho

Last edited:
Even I think yall going a bit hard too early :lol:

4 bad movies in a row is not a good look.

I haven't really got a feel for WW yet even though I don't care for Gal and never particularly cared for WW. I'm still open minded. Been more concerned about Flash.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom