DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Clearly Ayer is not looking to repeat that experience of making the sequel.

I thought he got the shaft but he probably doesn't want the hassle especially if they don't loosen the reins for him.

He was on a streak of good movies until SS.
Good, but nowhere as profitable as SS.

We as fans shouldn't worry about the money these studios make, but reality is those numbers determine longevity to the franchise. 

What surprised me most about SS was that even after the first week, SS was still making decent money. 

Mel Gibson Confirms Suicide Squad 2 Director Talks

Via Batman-News, Gibson himself has confirmed, at a screening for Hacksaw Ridge, that he and the studio are in the “Kind of a first date” phase of discussing the project. Variety also revealed other names on the list to possibly become the Suicide Squad 2 director, which you can check out below!

According to the trade, Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland), Daniel Espinosa (Safe House), and Jonathan Levine (50/50) are also in contention for the gig. Fleischer is a solid shooter who at one point was in serious talks to direct Justice League for DC before his Gangster Squad bombed for Warner Bros., and since then he’s been mostly resigned to TV work. Espinosa’s sci-fi thriller Life with Ryan Reynolds shows promise, though we’ve heard from several sources that his war drama dud Child 44 was a bad experience for all involved. Mainly a comedy director (The Night Before, Snatched), Levine showed with Warm Bodies that he could work well on a big scale film, but he has been reticent in the past to take on a superhero movie, having been in the running for Marvel’s Doctor Strange and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Plans for Gibson to helm the Suicide Squad sequel are far from done deal.

Justin Kroll [emoji]10004[/emoji] @krolljvar

Will and Mel actually wanted to do THE ACCOUNTANT years ago but old regime didn't want Mel but shows how much Mel want to work with Will

Last edited:
Suicide Squad 2 is going to get that Birth of a Nation treatment if they really make Racist Mel the director. I can't believe they actually think this is a good idea.

Suicide Squad 2 is going to get that Birth of a Nation treatment if they really make Racist Mel the director. I can't believe they actually think this is a good idea.
Agreed. I really think his hiring would be detrimental to the financial success of SS2. Dude is too controversial. 

Can't believe they looking for a director for this one already then the Flash. Should focus more on the core people from JL then SS and Birds movie.

Daniel Espinosa, Ruben Fleischer, and Jonathan Levine are also in contention for directing Suicide Squad 2. I have no idea who any of them are, but that doesn't matter to me if they have the right vision and can make a dope SS movie.

I don't like the idea of Mel Gibson directing it. :\

Daniel Espinosa, Ruben Fleischer, and Jonathan Levine are also in contention for directing Suicide Squad 2. I have no idea who any of them are, but that doesn't matter to me if they have the right vision and can make a dope SS movie.

Mel Gibson Confirms Suicide Squad 2 Director Talks

Via Batman-News, Gibson himself has confirmed, at a screening for Hacksaw Ridge, that he and the studio are in the “Kind of a first date” phase of discussing the project. Variety also revealed other names on the list to possibly become the Suicide Squad 2 director, which you can check out below!

According to the trade, Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland), Daniel Espinosa (Safe House), and Jonathan Levine (50/50) are also in contention for the gig.

Fleischer is a solid shooter who at one point was in serious talks to direct Justice League for DC before his Gangster Squad bombed for Warner Bros., and since then he’s been mostly resigned to TV work.

Espinosa’s sci-fi thriller Life with Ryan Reynolds shows promise, though we’ve heard from several sources that his war drama dud Child 44 was a bad experience for all involved.

Mainly a comedy director (The Night Before, Snatched), Levine showed with Warm Bodies that he could work well on a big scale film, but he has been reticent in the past to take on a superhero movie, having been in the running for Marvel’s Doctor Strange and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Plans for Gibson to helm the Suicide Squad sequel are far from done deal.

Last edited:
Wonder Woman officially made it. She's on a Dr. Pepper can.

b83f6be0_DcL5eXE.png

Anyone remember these ones?

1f21d3f5_image_drpepper_theavengers_cans1.jpeg

Those other choices aint bad. They got some good and bad movies among the 3.

Agreed. I really think his hiring would be detrimental to the financial success of SS2. Dude is too controversial. 
I mean this is possible but I thought that would've happened this past year with Hacksaw Ridge but that movie not only did well @ the box office it has gotten critical acclaim and is nominated for multiple awards. I don't think ppl forgot who was Mel Gibson was when going to see the movie.

Mel was blacklisted after his meltdown/angry tirade on his ex but due to RDJR and one other person advocating for him he's been welcomed back. Hollywood is warming back to him and a successful film has helped a lot with that.

As for being sexist, racist, anti-semitic he's addressed that and he's denied it and is dealing with ppl still thinking of him that way as he moves on. I recently watched a director's roundtable with Mel, Denzel, Oliver Stone, among others and he addressed it again there.

If Hollywood can accept a child rapist like Polanski back, Mel can for leaked tirades.

Mel is white, and this movie has no historical background that goes against the grain so nah

Last edited:
Personally, I think Mel is a great director. I just don't think SS2 seems like the right material for him to direct. Would love to be proven wrong though.

I can't remember the name. Think it was a woman though.

Personally, I think Mel is a great director. I just don't think SS2 seems like the right material for him to direct. Would love to be proven wrong though.
Agreed. I want him to direct JL if he's gonna work with WB/DC.

Last edited:
Still waiting on the Flash director...

Send Affleck to earth 2 or kill him off

So many talented directors out there, Mel Gibson tho smh

I'm done with WB

Controversy aside, what do some of y'all not like about Mel Gibson the director?

While some may have their extreme parts, every Gibson directed movie is at least good. To me the bigger issue own him being tapped for SS and not something else like Black Adam, JL or Lobo.

Like I really can't believe WB is worrying about SS2 right now
You look at budgets and profits for the 3 movies so far, it's the rare bright spot in all of the DCEU.

**** Polanski and Mel Gibson, they get a pass but Nate Parker gets his name ran all the way down.
Wait. Polanski raped an underage girl, fled the country and was blacklisted from Hollywood. It was years before he really got that recognition again.

Mel's tirade got leaked and he got blacklisted as well. Left to do direct to video movies and just lame **** even with major studios. He isn't a prolific director so it's not like he makes a movie every 2 years.

Neither got a pass. It took years for them to come back in to prominence. Gibson is just now getting praise again from a controversy that happened in 2010. Same for Polanski back in the late 70s.

Parker was an actor that wasn't well known, with a majority hyped movie that he directed and then got that torpedoed by a rape accusation he was acquitted of. So going by the previous examples give it a few years and if Parker is a really good director he should bounce back.

Although to me it's not fair to compare Parker to Gibson and Polanski. They had long running praised careers before their controversies. Parker was a relative unknown.

I feel like he has it in him to make a come back too though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom