DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

There is not atonement for a rape conviction, he continued to make movies and receive praise in Europe and the United States the entire time he fled he faced Zero repercussions from his crimes and stilll doesn't to this day.

He continued to work with The Who's who's of acting after the convictions without skipping a beat his entire career. Hell he shot Tess and received Academy awards two years after he fled the US . The seven years he didn't make a film was him legally fighting extradition didn't have **** to do with Hollywood not wanting to work with him. During that break he faced he toughest cases to be sent back. He has always gotten pass and that's fact look up his career and timeline. We learned about him in Ethic while I was my film program and how the Hollywood good ole boy network while complicated is just the same ole ******** THEY do.

Mel Gibson I'll say yeah he had a period of not being in the spotlight. But They don't play by the same rules that are applied to Nate and you know that.

While Nate wasn't a household name, he was in enough high profile movies that is funny how a case that was always been public suddenly becomes the topic of discussion.

All and all **** Roman Polanski

Hollywood is hollywood dog

That's why hollywood don't care bout that **** all of hollywood prolly racist and rape underage girls

There is not atonement for a rape conviction, he continued to make movies and receive praise in Europe and the United States the entire time he fled he faced Zero repercussions from his crimes and stilll doesn't to this day.
Polanski went to jail and made a deal. He fled the country after it came out that the judge was gonna reject the deal and sentence him. He continued to make movies but it's not like he was being embraced by Hollywood in the 80s and 90s.

I didn't say there was atonement for rape. However, the victim has even said that he did time, said he was guilty and sorry and she doesn't wish to see him imprisoned.

Mel Gibson I'll say yeah he had a period of not being in the spotlight. But They don't play by the same rules that are applied to Nate and you know that.
Of course not. Mel was a movie star for over 20 years. There was no way that taped message was ending his career.

While Nate wasn't a household name, he was in enough high profile movies that is funny how a case that was always been public suddenly becomes the topic of discussion.
Sorry man but Nate was basically a nobody. Look at his filmography, he don't got any memorable characters or leading roles. This would be different if we were talking about a black actor with a higher pedigree. Nate don't got any high profile actor friemds, execs, producers, etc. to publicly back him. That's all a part of the game too. Matter of fact Gabrielle Union is in TBOAN and she didn't even support him. She said some things short of negatively accusing him all over again (her being a rape victim and staunch feminist this comes as no surprise).

Nate definitely got the screws put to him over some bull **** and it wasn't right but you can't pretend he was in the same level as Mel or Roman.

For instance, I couldn't imagine this being an issue for Denzel if this was suddenly revealed before Fences came out. He would've shut that down early and definitively.

They got this on his wikipedia page that sums up why I'm saying you can't compare:

Other industry insiders note that, "unlike Gibson — or Roman Polanski or Woody Allen, both accused of sexual assault (Polanski pled guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse) — Parker is just beginning his directing career and has not built up an acclaimed body of work that might encourage some to say they are willing to separate the artist from the art."

Last edited:
Roman didn't get love cause he wasn't making good movies during that time beyond Fanatic not because of some black balling.

What does the details of why he fled dont get **** to do with if Hollywood was ******* with him or not they clearly were during the entire time is what I am saying he didn't get blacklisted whatsoever.

You trying to make it seem is cause their clout of Hollywood, I'm saying it's cause there white with clout point blank.

I want Nate to succeed and come back but they way they did him was ****** up and very strategic

I'm saying it's cause there white with clout point blank.
This makes it sound like a black person with clout wouldn't get the pass.

Like I said I don't see this happening to Denzel, Sam, Morgan, Forest, Spike, McQueen, Fuqua, etc.

To me how much clout you have matters. Nate's situation simply doesn't compare at all. A white guy with his same credentials would've got similar backlash.

The only part race plays in it is this being brought up right when Nate directed that specific movie. Nothing was said when he was in The Great Debaters or Red Tails.

I want Nate to succeed and come back but they way they did him was ****** up and very strategic
Unfortunately, I haven't seen any new work he's acting in or directing.

Last edited:
Yes I am saying someone like Denzel or Will had something like that in their past they would be vilified and destroyed. What exactly proves that wouldn't be the case?

Mel Gibson is a real life villain and now he's in contention to direct a film about villains.

giphy.gif

Yes I am saying someone like Denzel or Will had something like that in their past they would be vilified and destroyed. What exactly proves that wouldn't be the case?
Then just like Mel or Roman a few years later they'd come back with a great movie and be forgiven and praised.

Nothing you've said has proven what you're saying would be the case.

Word to R. Kelly.

Last edited:
Roman never then or now has ever lost a step within his own industry. He never needed a pass nor he never fell off.

You right I don't have a wealth of examples of black actors messing up cause what do you know them seem to have to conduct themselves higher than they white counterparts.

If you think that black actors have the same clout as they white counterparts your naive as hell. Funny thing about institutionalized rascim is proving it and you want me to prove how if Will or Denzel caught a rape case right now ( I won't even convict them) or if Morgan went on a anti Semitic rant that they would be ran outta Hollywood :lol:

You telling me Spike Lee, Steve Mqueen, Or Ryan Coogler could rape a 13 year old girl and have their movies being release for oscar contention not two years after the conviction? **** no :lol:

**** Roman Polanski and Mel Gibson and the privilege that let them back in

I'm not an actor but I would never be comfortable or want to work with someone who drugged an underage girl and butt raped her. That industry is full of disgusting things so they just shrug it all off.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/justic...-upcoming-movie-team-exclusive-160045159.html

[h1]'Justice League' Statues Give Us Best Look Yet at DC's Upcoming Movie Team (Exclusive)[/h1]

Ready to get up close and personal with DC’s new super friends? Yahoo Movies has the exclusive first look at DC Collectibles’ upcoming line of premium, screen-accurate 12-inch statues based on the Justice League  lineup.

The meticulously detailed poly-resin sculpts were designed in coordination with Warner Bros. and present our best look yet at the costumed characters who make up DC’s premier hero team: Ben Affleck’s Batman, Henry Cavill’s Superman, Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, Ezra Miller’s Flash, and Ray Fisher’s Cyborg.

Each piece, mounted on a Justice League stand, will retail for $150, be limited to a run of 5,000 copies and will be available timed to the film’s Nov. 17 opening. They’ll be on display at this weekend’s New York Toy Fair.

b0d15bb235fd0a6d62a2fca22e9ea830

abe5c1a7586bdf42b06fb6d93e8488e3

7d593a74d043d7503efe07939bcc9adf

a266a444a2a1213b165a1cfcc72055d5

e28ee48bf15d41a0e3d63f0b60d57667

19150cdf1247184d10a16d90b319e538

Last edited:
http://batman-news.com/2017/02/17/zack-snyder-batman-fight-scene-justice-league/
 [h1]Zack Snyder shares photo of Batman fight scene from ‘Justice League’[/h1]
BY CHRIS BEGLEY  ON FEBRUARY 17, 2017  |   @BATMANNEWSCOM18

Zack-Snyder-Batman-Fight-Justice-League.jpg

Justice League  director Zack Snyder is still hard at work in the editing room, getting the movie ready for its November 17th release.

This morning, Snyder shared an image from inside the editing bay on Vero, and on the screen we get a look at what appears to be an epic Batman fight scene!

Zack-Snyder-Batman-Fight-Justice-League-F.jpg

I’m assuming the other figures in the image are Parademons, and there are at least three of them in the room by my count. Could this Batman fight scene rival the epic warehouse fight from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? We can only hope so!

Trailer coming soon? 
nerd.gif

If you think that black actors have the same clout as they white counterparts your naive as hell.
That's not how clout works. Its not all one way for one race and all another way for this other race.

It would clearly go by the individual. Which is why I mentioned Denzel, Sam, and Morgan.
You can say I'm naive but you have no examples to make me think otherwise. You're just using the what if scenario

Funny thing about institutionalized rascim is proving it and you want me to prove how if Will or Denzel caught a rape case right now ( I won't even convict them) or if Morgan went on a anti Semitic rant that they would be ran outta Hollywood :lol:
I mean the burden of proof rests on you for making the claim.

You shouldn't have brought what if's in to the equation.

You telling me Spike Lee, Steve Mqueen, Or Ryan Coogler could rape a 13 year old girl and have their movies being release for oscar contention not two years after the conviction? **** no :lol:
I was talking about you bringing up Nate's acquital cuz he clearly doesn't have any clout.

And if you apply that to a black actor with clout the result is not the same.

The comparison is poor. I'm not saying institutional racism doesn't exist in Hollywood. I'm saying you complaining about a situation that hasn't even happened. Making it seem like a ton of well regarded black actors caught the shaft after they got exposed or ****** up but Mel Gibson is getting a pass when even he didn't get one.

Roman Polanski is an even more egregious case but again you're saying he just made bad movies but didn't get and blowback from Hollywood.

If you just saying **** ppl in Hollywood who get that pass that's one thing but all that Nate Parker stuff is bogus. The examples don't compare.

Not feeling Aquamans look. It's just too much. Cyborg been trash but Flash is growing on me

David F. Sandberg in Talks to Direct ‘Shazam’ For New Line

David F. Sandberg is in talks to direct “Shazam,” for New Line, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Sandberg has “Annabelle 2” the sequel to 2014 supernatural horror film, “Annabelle,” set to be released by New Line on August 11th, 2017.

The Swedish filmmaker broke out with his 2016 debut “Lights Out,” which is based on his 2013 acclaimed horror short of the same name. A sequel to the film is also in the works at New Line.

'Batman' Negotiations Break Down With Director Matt Reeves

A week after entering negotiations to direct The Batman, Matt Reeves has exited the talks, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

A studio source confirms that negotiations have broken down. The possibility, however, exists that talks could resume when heads cool. The studio is intent on making the movie no matter what as the Batman franchise has proven to bigger than one person.

Reeves is currently deep in post-production on the Apes sequel, War for the Planet of the Apes, which is shaping up to be the biggest entry in the Fox franchise.

Back
Top Bottom