DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Damn. That flash thompson wannabe is such a hater. Terry is beating up that clown gang and all he can say is he's a freakjob.

On track for 147 million domestic. Record for August.

Glad people realize critics/Rotten Tomatoes are worthless. :pimp:
It was going to make money regardless of the reviews. At least for the first weekend anyways.

When I first heard Margot Robbie was gonna be Harley, SS was my second most anticipated movie this year after CW.

I really wanted to like this movie. But... Man this movie was disappointing. The fight scenes. The storyline. Yuck. I don't even know if I can watch it again. I give it a 5/10 at best and that's mostly because I love Margot Robbie.

Last edited:
I actually went in with a clear mind, & gave this movie a chance. I was cool with it at first, then some where around a quarter to half way through the movie it just turned into Fantastic 4 bad. Most scenes were cringe worthy.

They have their value.. But they aren't the end all be all to things..

They are human and entitled to their opinions.. Sometimes you agree with them sometimes you don't.. But that is why you have to form your own opinion

Because they have an opportunity to view the film before you they can be a valuable resource.. But it has to be someone's opinion that you actually understand so you have a better context to put it in and actual use the information in a valuable manner (knowing their taste and how that correlates to your taste)

Like, I completely agree with what the double toasted guys said on this film.. I watch their videos regularly and I know where their opinions are coming from and what movies they like and don't like

Also, trust comicbookgirl19 (have not seen her review yet)

Last edited:
4.7/8

Hated Jared Leto as the joker. Too gossip girls feeling. Also could of made it into an epic storyline but chose to do some whack enchantress sorcery speel. Some fight scenes were decently good and the soundtrack and pre and post movie visuals were nice.

As mentioned before, I didn't like the movie. I think the RT audience scoring is fair at 73%, but i'm siding with the critics score on this one...

Happy to see so many people on here and social media did like it though. $147M is a great opening.

Last edited:
On track for 147 million domestic. Record for August.

Actually looking like 135 opening weekend (still good though). Guess word of mouth is traveling already lol.

Suicide Squad dropped -41% in its till from Friday to Saturday, which is steeper than Batman v. Superman‘s decline over its first two days (-38%) and on par with Dark Knight Rises’ Saturday decline. In large part, it’s just the front-loaded nature of these superhero movies where everyone shows up on Thursday and Friday, however some may argue that Marvel movies don’t post these types of declines. Keep in mind that Suicide Squad‘s Saturday is compared to a combined Friday and Thursday night. In addition, given the nature of statistical sampling and box office tracking, whenever films are projected to open north of $100M, the margin of error can be great (versus when a film is opening in the middle-grossing range).

Despite the huge opening for Suicide Squad, when it comes to the audience and critics’ response to the film, it’s deja-vu all over again. Like Batman v. Superman, which earned a 27% Rotten Tomatoes score and B CinemaScore, Suicide Squad is getting panned by critics (26%) and has registered an above average response from CinemaScore crowds who gave it a B+ this weekend.

Last edited:
The actions scenes outside of Deadshot going ape **** were laughable ..one thing that Snyder can do is action and this is in total contrast to the bar set with MOS and BVS

Another reason why I don't think it's easy to identify this as being in the same universe as those 2 films

Will is in Dubai right now hosting a screening. Couldn't even get near the mall he was at security was intense

2.75/8

My main gripe was the storyline. Introducing so many characters is obviously a difficult task, but most of the intros fell short. It was also very jumpy when it came to a few of the intros as well as with character development, which I'll discuss later. The plot and major villain arose from using the Enchantress. So had the Suicide Squad not been called into formation in the first place due to the fear that the next superhero would be a supervillain, none of this would have even happened. There were way too many feel-good comradery moments forced into the storyline where one of the members would desert under threat of death only to reunite with the squad a few minutes later and be welcomed back with open arms. Slipknot was killed when he tried to desert with Captain Boomerang and was killed, but Captain Boomerang didn't die? Why wasn't Harley killed after her rendezvous with the Joker (which resulted in SEALs being killed and nearly some Suicide Squad members too) failed? How did Waller survive? For a movie that focused so much attention on the bonding of unlikely supervillains, why was El Diablo dying an afterthought? The plotholes were endless.

As for the characters, the movie mainly focused on Harley, Deadshot, and Flag. It's like the writers realized they couldn't effectively engage all of the characters without doubling the length of the movie and decided instead to focus their attention on the big name stars. Due to this, character development fell to the wayside and as a result, half the Suicide Squad were relegated to being static characters. Robbie and Smith as Harley and Deadshot were good, but there were times where you could almost tell that the writing forced some disappointing one-liners out of them. Throughout the whole movie, nearly all of the characters said multiple one-liners that were intended to be either funny or serious, but came out the opposite as intended. It was difficult to blame the acting because you could tell how forced these lines were. Jared Leto as the Joker was essentially a B-grade Heath Ledger. Again, I'm not sure you can place all of the blame on him as his screen time was limited to somewhere between 10-15 minutes.

The action scenes were average at best and you have to wonder if the fighting scenes versus the dark-colored blobs of the Enchantress' army at night, making it difficult to see the intricacies of the fights, were done out of laziness. If so, it's just another example of a movie that felt rushed from start to finish. The end fight scene was pretty anti-climatic as the squad easily handled the Enchantress and her brother with only one casualty...and that casualty was self-inflicted, though probably necessary. It was far too easy especially considering how daunting their task seemed during the bar scene.

As a whole, the movie was cringeworthy. So cringeworthy, in fact, that some of the audience, including myself, laughed at parts that were either too ridiculous or just plain unfunny. It was all hype and no substance, don't let the box office numbers fool you or assume the negative reviews were done by haters or contrarians.

Last edited:
267 million worldwide for weekend

Nice! They just broke even
What? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] needs to make 800 to make profit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...heres-much-suicide-squad-needs-182840990.html
Nah that 800 mill thing was just a random guess. More likely 600-700. A 175 mill budget( with reshoot a includes) is nowhere near needing 800 mill to break even

If you take the budget and say they spent another 175 to market it. That's 350 million. Studios often want 2x back what they spent so that's 700 mill or so

Back
Top Bottom