DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

A lot of Ralph Trevsant on display in here. Just have some discussions. It is okay if someone doesn't like something you like. It isn't the end of the world

Is Ralph Tresvant a metaphor for crying, b****ing, and moaning? Just wondering cuz it could also mean highly underrated. Dude's music was actually tough back in the day.

He was the man on New Edition even though Bobby, Bell Biv Devoe, and Johnny Gill did better than him separate from the group.

Last edited:
I'm a slave to Snydergawd's visuals. I'm at the point where I can only pray that the writing shapes up, and I believe it has since this is Terrio-written and done from scratch. He wasn't recruited late in the game for rewrites, leaving the script directionless and haphazardly written. Terrio is a good writer.

Some of yall for some reason don't like the humor--so far every joke to me has been well written and well delivered by the actor.

This looks like another long *** movie like BvS but hopefully with a much better script. Meaning I get to see all kinds of DC characters popping in and out--from Mera to Gordon to likely GL

Ezra Miller is a shoe-in for fan favorite, especially with the ladies (yes I know he's gay) and this movie will likely propel popular interest in the Flash solo (if that's even still being made :rolleyes )

Aquaman is a total bro and not the stoic warrior I thought he would be :pimp: another show-stealer besides Flash.

Battfleck

Gal

C̶y̶b̶o̶r̶g̶

Junkie XL

Please let the script be good. The only thing missing from the formula

See, this is an actual response with some thought and reasoning to back it up. I may not agree with everything you said but I respect it.

Now to answer your post, I figured a lot of people who liked the trailer are basing it solely on visuals. And who can fault them? I've always said Snyder has an eye for visuals. You could argue that almost every frame of BvS could be an Alex Ross/Frank Miller painting. This Justice League trailer is no different. Visuals were never the issue with him.

That being said, I may be in the minority here in this thread,, but I just wasn't that engaged while watching MoS or BvS. I don't know if it's a pacing issue with him or that I just didn't care about the characters, but there were parts when I just felt bored out of my mind. Dialogue felt flat and everything just felt so damn depressing.
3 movies in to his career and it was pretty clear Snyder is all style no substance.

A lot of Ralph Trevsant on display in here. Just have some discussions. It is okay if someone doesn't like something you like. It isn't the end of the world

Is Ralph Tresvant a metaphor for crying, b****ing, and moaning? Just wondering cuz it could also mean highly underrated. Dude's music was actually tough back in the day.
Going off the recent NE biopic I'd say it's more the former not the latter.

So who's gonna suffer due to screentime? I vote Cyborg. I see they're gonna use Flash for comedy and Aquaman for the bad ***.

Last edited:
Already said this in another thread but I read a title saying Cyborg is the heart of the story according to Snyder :lol:

CYBORG’S STORY IS THE ‘HEART’ OF JUSTICE LEAGUE, SNYDER SAYS

It'd be ****** up if he still got screwed in the movie.

He still seems like the likely choice but I wanna also say WW may as well. Get out in to the co-leader role but not do as much as Bats, Flash, and Aquaman.

It's interesting though, in Avengers Whedon had 6 main characters and this is after cutting Wasp from the lineup and obviously Black Widow and Hawkeye got the short end. Then the next to me is Cap Thor. The movie is a vehicle showcasing Tony and Hulk

Assuming Superman shows up halfway through or at least isn't brought back and on the team with away, Snyder only has 5 to juggle. It should lean to more of a balance like Avengers and not end up dumb like Suicide Squad. Where it's Willshot, Harley and the rest.

Last edited:
"Why does someone with god level powers need a slow mo shot to take down a security guard?" :rofl:

I'm here for the full Snyder treatment I'm not even gonna complain

Give me all the slo mo

Already said this in another thread but I read a title saying Cyborg is the heart of the story according to Snyder :lol:

CYBORG’S STORY IS THE ‘HEART’ OF JUSTICE LEAGUE, SNYDER SAYS

It'd be ****** up if he still got screwed in the movie.

He still seems like the likely choice but I wanna also say WW may as well. Get out in to the co-leader role but not do as much as Bats, Flash, and Aquaman.

It's interesting though, in Avengers Whedon had 6 main characters and this is after cutting Wasp from the lineup and obviously Black Widow and Hawkeye got the short end. Then the next to me is Cap Thor. The movie is a vehicle showcasing Tony and Hulk

Assuming Superman shows up halfway through or at least isn't brought back and on the team with away, Snyder only has 5 to juggle. It should lean to more of a balance like Avengers and not end up dumb like Suicide Squad. Where it's Willshot, Harley and the rest.

Oh never read that article. But it's probably one of those situations where he's hyping something up vut won't be true. But yeah, WW was my next choice. It's just that her co leading makes it seem unlikely. Unless her role is diminished once they're together. Due to the fact that they have to assemble and all that, Supes is definitelt showing up in the second or third act. I think the third act is more likely.

It's interesting though, in Avengers Whedon had 6 main characters and this is after cutting Wasp from the lineup and obviously Black Widow and Hawkeye got the short end. Then the next to me is Cap Thor. The movie is a vehicle showcasing Tony and Hulk.

Marvel had 5 movies before getting to avengers (incredible hulk technically counts)

We see clips of cyborg's and flash's backstory in the trailer .. so curious how much of that we'll get

For the beasts. :evil:

giphy.gif

5-1.gif

:evil:

We gonna get alot of Cyborg seems like he's thw reason **** jumps off in thw movie.

I doubt we get much of flash, we'll see him with his dad but they gonna do the whole things in his Solo ( if thet ever figure it out)

Cyborg man i dunno bout this guy

It's interesting though, in Avengers Whedon had 6 main characters and this is after cutting Wasp from the lineup and obviously Black Widow and Hawkeye got the short end. Then the next to me is Cap Thor. The movie is a vehicle showcasing Tony and Hulk.

Marvel had 5 movies before getting to avengers (incredible hulk technically counts)

We see clips of cyborg's and flash's backstory in the trailer .. so curious how much of that we'll get
It's not the best comparison cuz the fandom have previous movies establishing the heroes already baked in their minds.

There's just not much else to compare it to just in the topic of balancing screen time and focus on characters. The FoX-Men movies always focus on one 3 characters in teams of 6+.

Cyborg and Flash look goofy as hell

the flash looks amazing imo. the effects look bomb i have high hopes from what i've seen thus far, and i can't wait for the flash film next year (i think?)

cyborg, they could've used more prosthetics, to give him a more realistic texture on screen. like iron man's suit. its mostly real, with a dash of CGI. for most scenes at least.

personally im against fully CGI'ng everything because simply of on screen texture. i mean, kong i get it. gollum i get it.

but jurassic world? they said to hell with animatronics. and while the movie was fun generally, it was no JP. and that movie looks amazing even tho it was shot on film in what..93? GOAT t rex.

with snyder movies tho its a very fine line. say what you want about hes grey/green filter he puts on his movies (there is a youtube vid explaining why he does that i believe), you can't pull off the fight scenes we see in the animated films or comics without some CGI. i get annoyed when people say its too much CGI without being specific. like people expect a realistic fight between superman and batman where they just square up and start boxing or some ****.

but i digress...

i wouldnt be mad if cyborg gets one and done'd :lol:

Nah man.

That happens and we won't get a Titans movie.

Why are you under the impression that Cyborg's performance has anything to do with a potential Titans film, especially when DC has moved him over to the JL franchise anyways? Similar reasoning comes along with the fact that we just got word about a Nightwing film, a character that has a longer and more distinguished history with the Titans than Cyborg does anyways. The Titans franchise isn't hinging on Cyborg fam :lol:

Back
Top Bottom