DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Saw Wonder Woman yesterday. Great movie. Has to be up there with the top tier. 2 things came to mind after seeing it though

1. I wonder how they are going to play her character going forward. Part of her charm was the naïveté and the clashing of the 2 worlds. Jaded/cynical and experienced WW, I wonder how interesting she's going to be

2 I feel like this doesn't need a sequel. Her character arc imo was wrapped up nicely. I don't think there's anything else to do with the character. Especially in modern day. I could see if the sequel had her dealing with WW2 and that's what finally made her become jaded towards man, but I don't see anything else to do with the character. Batman on one hand has 3 phases to his arc. His beginning, normal career as Batman with the bat family, and then his eventual retirement/demise. I don't see it with WW

Last edited:
In my opinion WW felt like a better version of the first Captain America movie. I feel like they should've made cap the way they did WW

Zero issue with them ripping off the TFA.. making a legit saving private Ryan type war move was a great move and was easily the best part and strength of the movie

Just wish the BVS x gods of Egypt ending with Aries wasn't thrown in

[h1]DC Films President On How Wonder Woman Changed Their Philosophy[/h1]
DC Films president Geoff Johns spoke to The Wrap  about this new philosophy that they implemented with Wonder Woman  and will be carried over into Justice League  and beyond. This approach has to deal with getting the characters right based on who they are in the comics and also having more fun than the studio may have allowed for with their previous films:

"Get to the essence of the character and make the movies fun. Just make sure that the characters are the characters with heart, humor, hope, heroics, and optimism at the base."

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-dceu-justice-league-tone/

Last edited:
Meh, 2nd week viewing at best for me. The primary storyline status quo has been disappointing and still had all the previous major influences for most of it

JL is gonna be great. I'm not worried at all.

giphy.gif

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom