DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

More Actresses Potentially Up For Birds Of Prey Roles

WB and director Cathy Yan are clearly casting a wide net to nail down their principal cast for the Birds of Prey movie, and we now have word on three more actresses that have put themselves forward for the roles of Black Canary and Huntress.

We're not sure who read for what character, but our sources report that Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049), Eiza González (Baby Driver) and Francesca Ruscio - who recently campaigned for the part of Huntress - have auditioned.

ana-de-armas-gq-0816-02.jpg

Eiza-Gonzalez:-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Premiere--04.jpg

1534182474460.jpg

I really hope the actress that plays starfire does a really good job in Titans so these a**hole fanboys will st-fu.

edit: beat by a second but the article title is a bit misleading, it says he is out but then the article just says the door is closing because they couldn't get him to make a cameo in Shazam due to scheduling conflict and they say this as a reason a couple of times...

there is no actual word from Cavill or WB at this point that he is out for sure

Henry Cavill Out as Superman Amid Warner Bros.' DC Universe Shake-Up (Exclusive)

Talks broke down for a cameo in 'Shazam!' due to scheduling conflicts, and the door is now closing on other potential appearances for the actor.

The DC cinematic universe appears to be losing its Man of Steel.

Henry Cavill, who has played Superman in three films, is parting ways with Warner Bros., sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Though neither side is confirming, the British actor, who first donned the blue suit for 2013's Man of Steel, and then starred in 2016's Batman v. Superman and last year's Justice League, is said to be hanging up the red cape.

Warners had been trying to enlist Cavill, who most recently co-starred in Mission: Impossible — Fallout, for a Superman cameo in Shazam!, which stars Zachary Levi and will bow April 5. But contract talks between Cavill's WME reps and Warners broke down, and the door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances.

That's because the studio has shifted its focus to a Supergirl movie, which will be an origin story featuring a teen superheroine. This effectively removes an actor of Cavill's age from the storyline's equation given that Superman, aka Kal-El, would be an infant, according to DC lore.

Furthermore, Warners isn't likely to make a solo Superman film for at least several years, according to another source. "Superman is like James Bond, and after a certain run you have to look at new actors," says a studio source. As such, Cavill will join Ben Affleck, who isn't expected to reprise his role for director Matt Reeves' forthcoming Batman stand-alone film, as a hero on the way out.

A Warners source says the Shazam! deal fell apart because of scheduling conflicts. And that is backed up by the fact that Cavill recently signed on to star in the Netflix series The Witcher. However, another source says that the Witcher commitment came after the Warners impasse, suggesting a change in Warners' strategy.

"There's a recognition that some parts of the previous movies didn't work," says the studio insider. Another source says Warners is trying to hit a "reset" button with the DC universe, steering its ship slowly into another direction.

While Affleck and Cavill are segueing out, others who were seen together onscreen in Justice League are carrying forward. Gal Gadot is returning for Wonder Woman 1984, to hit theaters in November 2019. Jason Momoa headlines a solo Aquaman movie this December. And Ezra Miller remains on board to star in a Flash movie, which is due to shoot in early 2019.

Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara and chairman of Warner Bros. Pictures Group Toby Emmerich are looking to reinvigorate the studio's DC Universe, which is still playing second fiddle to the Marvel Universe in terms of box office and critical acclaim. Just six years ago, when The Dark Knight Rises closed out the Christopher Nolan trilogy, DC was the superhero team with the mojo. But so far, only Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman spinoff has lived up to the promise of the franchise.

What Warners hasn't done is wiped the slate clean in one fell swoop, something that is nigh impossible to do given the years of planning that goes into these films. When asked about the studio Sept. 6 at an investor conference, new WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey said, "Hats off to Kevin and Toby and their team." But he also took a shot at DC. "Some of our franchises, in particular at DC, we all think we can do better."

well if true then it sucks as he just portrayed his best Supes in JL...

with a new Batman and new Superman, might as well just do a soft reboot and make the Flashpoint a real serious movie and get Affleck and Cavill for one last time and the new timeline reveals the new actors

I can't tell you why but I decided to watch Justice League again and it's worse than I remember. This movie was supposed to be their Avengers! How was it so trash??? The story, the villain, the chemistry, Ben phoning it in, Superman's CGI mouth, that one family, too many jokes that failed to land, weak action scenes throughout.

There's still some stuff I enjoyed like Aquaman, Superman's intro, Flash was alright I guess. Gal just didn't do much but it wasn't bad. Alfred was solid and Cyborg surprised me but part of me feels like they should reboot everything.

Still looking forward to Wan's Aquaman and Wonder Woman II is still looking meh

Is there Wonder Woman II footage out?

Not that I know of but I was already lukewarm to the first one and I'm not all that excited for this one.

I forgot to mention Shazam, that might be worth watching too

:smh:
Bruh why TF is it so hard to get a MOS2??? How has this movie not come out already, I should be buggin about MOS3
Soooooo looks like I'm checkin out that Joker movie, and thats it from DC

Throw the whole universe in rice. Unbelievable how they've dropped the ball with these iconic characters.

:smh:
Bruh why TF is it so hard to get a MOS2??? How has this movie not come out already, I should be buggin about MOS3
Soooooo looks like I'm checkin out that Joker movie, and thats it from DC
You’ll get a rebooted Superman from a Mark Miller or somebody. Realistically any new director is going to want to do their own thing anyway

They aren’t going to do a full reboot. Realistically the only things that got thrown out were Snyder, Affleck and Cavill

-Joker movie is happening
- Aquaman is still set. Who knows if it bombs or not
- WW2 is fine. Her stuff actually did well
- Shazam is basically not connected to DCEU overall events
- Birds of Prey has little ties to anything other than Batman

Flash and cyborg were already brushed aside ages ago

We already are essentially getting a rebooted Batman from Reeves.

Basically the overhaul is already been done. The “good” franchises have been kept (WW, HQ) and the “bad” stuff has been thrown away

Back
Top Bottom