DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Basically the overhaul is already been done. The “good” franchises have been kept (WW, HQ) and the “bad” stuff has been thrown away

I know I’m in the minority here, but I really liked MoS and Cavil as Superman.

I’ve always been on board with getting rid of Affleck, and not because of Affleck but because I never wanted the older Batman.

Letting Cavil go is a huge mistake. But at least we get a new Lois Lane?

I know I’m in the minority here, but I really liked MoS and Cavil as Superman.

I’ve always been on board with getting rid of Affleck, and not because of Affleck but because I never wanted the older Batman.

Letting Cavil go is a huge mistake. But at least we get a new Lois Lane?
I’m saying bad in the sense that he’s connected to the failed Snyder franchise of Superman. WW and Aquaman have their own directors that are seemingly still in WB’s good graces. Cavill and Affleck is connected to Snyder for better or worse.

edit: beat by a second but the article title is a bit misleading, it says he is out but then the article just says the door is closing because they couldn't get him to make a cameo in Shazam due to scheduling conflict and they say this as a reason a couple of times...

there is no actual word from Cavill or WB at this point that he is out for sure
Damn shame, they cant get their 2 most iconic hero's of the brand and maybe of the genre itself right. I actually liked Cavil (Hope I spelled it right) but I dont feel like waiting 10 years for another Superman movie. This **** sucks
Dm53WcqWwAIbX6h.jpg:large
sad

Yeah I've grown to like Cavill. Mustache Gate and now this. :smh:
Yea. As much as I've defended the DCEU........letting Cavill walk is the absolute dumbest decision WB has ever made. All you idiots had to do was green light a MOS sequel. How f***ing hard is that???? All the movie flops WB has had over the years, they could sacrifice 2 movies to make a guaranteed successful MOS sequel?? Makes no damn sense.

Last edited:
You’ll get a rebooted Superman from a Mark Miller or somebody. Realistically any new director is going to want to do their own thing anyway
Don't want a reboot based off of 1 solo outing. Directors ALWAYS want to do their own thing my man. Getting rid of the star isn't the norm.
We always knew a new director was coming and that was part of the appeal. To see a fully realized Cavill in the role with a director who could elevate the situations and story was what I was looking for, not a reboot.
They really gonna spiderman, Superman with these reboots. so I'll be the first to say it.

If I gotta see Krypton get destroyed again:smh:
Pa Kent die again:smh:
We gonna get another Daily planet crew too? Lois?

It is what it is I'm just upset, hope Cavill takes over the world

What a way to start the day

I’m saying bad in the sense that he’s connected to the failed Snyder franchise of Superman. WW and Aquaman have their own directors that are seemingly still in WB’s good graces. Cavill and Affleck is connected to Snyder for better or worse.

Every time someone makes this claim I have to ask: define failure in regards to Zack Snyder?? Were both movies not profitable at the box office?

not so fast...

they better be in a room with WB NOW about to announce that MOS2 is greenlit and coming 2020
otherwise it looks like Hollywood Reporter got a scoop before all involved parties were notified
just like the batfleck news right when comic con hit.
any statement other than "MOS2 greenlit coming 2020" is unacceptable.
time is running out
MOS2 is now Incredibles 2 in terms of if it will actually happen and how long the wait will be

Every time someone makes this claim I have to ask: define failure in regards to Zack Snyder?? Were both movies not profitable at the box office?

Dude I actually like the movies but the general consensus is that all 3 Snyder movies had soft box offices when they should’ve been better. BVS did like $781 mill and Justice league did $657 Milljon. When it should’ve been over a billion. And JL way underperformed being beaten by Thor both domestic and foreign. It’s not about being profitable, it’s about being super profitable. BVS and JL should’ve both been over a billion dollars at the box office.

Dude I actually like the movies but the general consensus is that all 3 Snyder movies had soft box offices when they should’ve been better. BVS did like $781 mill. When it should’ve been over a billion. And JL way underperformed being beaten by thot both domestic and foreign. It’s not about being profitable, it’s about being super profitable. BBS and JL should’ve both been over a billion dollars at the box office.
I hear ya and I agree to an extent. But we all know JL isn't on Snyder. That's Weadon's baby now.

DCEU been washed.

Cavill too good for that universe. Especially after the success of Fallout. I'd rather see him take over the Bond franchise. Blessing in disguise...

original.gif

it's like Thanos drove by the WB lot. Batffleck and Sup-vil out? DAMMIT. These guys are so good in these roles too!
PISSES ME OFF THAT THEY CANT MAKE IT WORK.

I'm beyond salty.

giphy.gif

batman_vs_thugs__batman_v_superman__gif_by_lkururugi2518-dbldyyf.gif

Jfo7.gif

Arguably the best on screen rendition of these characters.

Nolan's AND Burton's bats >

Easily

Plus the competition for supes is what 3 guys??

Nolan's AND Burton's bats >

Easily

Plus the competition for supes is what 3 guys??
If you rewatch them today, they're still cool and all but the first couple bats film and Nolan ain't REALLY all that.
Batffleck I definitely enjoyed and felt like those Burton movies almost.

Not sure where you're coming from but it sounds like you hated all of the recent ones. I enjoyed MOS very very much.
Kinda got a Gary Frank vibe even tho the art is tonally different but just the vibe from the comic was what I got.

Then we got BvS and JL which were both doodoo. But the Batman parts I definitely loved.

Back
Top Bottom