DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

What you mean best of this incarnation? :lol: Ain't no other Aquaman movie incarnations.

Better than WW is a low standard granted it ain't much else going on with DC movies.

:lol:

This incarnation of the DC super hero universe...Not incarnation of damn Aquaman movies...

The universe that started with Man of Steel...This is the best DC superhero film of that series...

Yeah this wasn't better than WW and I didn't even like that movie like most :lol:

Aquaman was bland. I don't like Aquabro, and I literally remember nothing about Mera aside from them forcing a relationship between the two

Saying it's better than WW does nothing for me.. bar ain't high with DCEU

Now if I hear people start putting on the level of Keaton's bats, nolan's bats, lego batman or some of the DC animated movies THEN we can talk

WW was first avenger with some of the 1st Thor thrown in

Just seen it in IMAX today, visually it was great, costume designers did their thing and James Wan killed it with the action/battle scenes. Amber Heard was a great Mera and made the movie more interesting than it should've been to me.

The writing/dialogue and overall acting were lackluster tho. A lot of dumb stuff too like Aquaman and Mera getting into a makeout session in the middle of a giant battle with armored sharks and giant seahorses and other seamonsters. Also, if you notice all the white Atlanteans were pretty much looking down upon the Fish Atlanteans and Crab Atlanteans smh

Saying it's better than WW does nothing for me.. bar ain't high with DCEU

Now if I hear people start putting on the level of Keaton's bats, nolan's bats, lego batman or some of the DC animated movies THEN we can talk

WW was first avenger with some of the 1st Thor thrown in

Nah let’s not get out of hand...Man of Steel to current, in this live action film universe, Aquaman takes it...WW falls apart in its last 45 minutes or so with that nonsensical villain play they ran with...

Nah let’s not get out of hand...Man of Steel to current, in this live action film universe, Aquaman takes it...WW falls apart in its last 45 minutes or so with that nonsensical villain play they ran with...

Man of steel is probably the best film out of the bunch.. but MOS still felt like something wasn't quite there.. maybe just snyder to being too heavy handed with the direction he took the film

Lego batman was the best DC theatrical release since TDK

Nah, This dude is perfect. For the role that is.
89215c447ce466e635eb3d4ef8347f35_S.jpg
He's already Hawk. Their episode of titans was dope btw.

I was more engaged watching WW. Also I think WW's no man's land sequence > anything in Aquaman

I agree that the end of WW could've been better, but overall it's still better than Aquaman.

Those double toasted guys were totally right about the cgi fish fight fast in the end. Ridiculous.

I definitely had no clue who was talking when they started fighting the crab ppl :lol:

:lol:

This incarnation of the DC super hero universe...Not incarnation of damn Aquaman movies...

The universe that started with Man of Steel...This is the best DC superhero film of that series...
Oh ok.

Then the other part of my post applies.

DC should just scrap this and do an immediate reboot. Plus with the quality so far they should be releasing at least 2 movies a year. They're moving @ a snail's pace.
Also, if you notice all the white Atlanteans were pretty much looking down upon the Fish Atlanteans and Crab Atlanteans smh
Dont get me started. I knew the deal when I saw ALL of the human looking Atlanteans were white :lol:

Fish ppl were coward philosophers and the crab ppl (along with the Horde from the Trench) were the violent devolved ones.

I'm more impressed there weren't more instances of the noble class calling Aquabro a halfbreed and bastard. Could've slipped in some mutts and mongrels the way they were going.

Last edited:
It’s been a minute since I’ve seen Justice League but I thought Mera and Arthur already knew each other?

It’s been a minute since I’ve seen Justice League but I thought Mera and Arthur already knew each other?
They knew of each other but never personally from what I remember

In the post credit scenes I wish they Included some other dceu character like a cyborg cameo

saw AquaMan last night. oh man I loved that movie, I feel like it straight up beat out Black Panther In terms of a better story and visuals

Def took cues from BP story. BP has set a new bar for super hero movies.

Back
Top Bottom