DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

They need to go back to telling great stories instead of worrying about Marvel. Marvel was already several movies in when DC decided to get into the Shared Universe game. I think that had a lot to do with Nolan’s trilogy still going on during the Phase 1 of the MCU. Once that wrapped up, they wanted to play catch up with Marvel but it was too late. Instead of leading, DC was following.

They need to go back to telling great stories instead of worrying about Marvel. Marvel was already several movies in when DC decided to get into the Shared Universe game. I think that had a lot to do with Nolan’s trilogy still going on during the Phase 1 of the MCU. Once that wrapped up, they wanted to play catch up with Marvel but it was too late. Instead of leading, DC was following.
True. And after all the current movies.
Were in the dust

Ww, aquaman, and Shazam are catching up a tiny bit but we’ll never get there after what happened with Snyder and everything

People hate bvs
BUT THE ULTIMATE EDITION WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE RELEASED IS AMAZING

and the 3 JL movies Snyder was planning would fix all those wierd plot holes in BVS

I’ll say this till the day I die. F WB for what they did to this dceu

I did like MoS and WW. Aquaman is a bit overrated. Shazam is the best DCEU film hands down. BvS is hot trash.
I could see why u would say aquam overrated
But let’s be real
They made a damn movie about s guy who can talk to fish
That was actually decent
They deserve all the credit for that

People hate bvs

and the 3 JL movies Snyder was planning would fix all those wierd plot holes in BVS

No It is not :lol: Same trash just longer.

You let Snyder finish what he planned with JL and it'd set DC back 10 years.

Yeah as we can see less Snyder is a good thing. I'd love for him to stay as a cinematographer. But full control over a film? I'm good.

DC still needs a lot of work done but they're moving in the right direction

True. And after all the current movies.
Were in the dust

Ww, aquaman, and Shazam are catching up a tiny bit but we’ll never get there after what happened with Snyder and everything

People hate bvs

Ultimate edition IS NOT ANY BETTER. Stop with all that immediately. A longer version of a bad movie makes it worse

3 JL movies to fix one bad movie when the first JL was already terrible? Are you serious?

ZS is trash

Ultimate edition IS NOT ANY BETTER. Stop with all that immediately. A longer version of a bad movie makes it worse

3 JL movies to fix one bad movie when the first JL was already terrible? Are you serious?

ZS is trash

You are definetly in the minority on that sentiment. There's a whole slew of people outside of NT who think the Ultimate Cut was miles better than the theatrical cut. And for all the flack yall give Zack Snyder, dude has a lot of fans. I get it, yall don't like him or his films. But again, don't let NT have you think that you represent a majority of opinions.

Ultimate Edition answers several glaring plotholes such as how the hell Superman could be framed for killing people with bullets and what the hell exactly was Lex's plan. BvS still had problems as a movie.

JL suffered for obvious reasons that we're all aware of. Not sure what kind of movie it would have been had Snyder been able to fully direct it. At least it would have been a better visual spectacle than what we got.

When they showed the first JL trailer with the Beatles song :sick:

They tried doing “Unite the Seven”

Didn’t know in what direction to go.

You are definetly in the minority on that sentiment. There's a whole slew of people outside of NT who think the Ultimate Cut was miles better than the theatrical cut. And for all the flack yall give Zack Snyder, dude has a lot of fans. I get it, yall don't like him or his films. But again, don't let NT have you think that you represent a majority of opinions.
Yeah stop, it gives us an answer to a stupid problem. To add to that it’s so so with more lane boring talk. It was cut for a reason and should of been cut out all the way to begin with. They tried to fix bad writing with 20 mins of boring explanation.

I guess his “fans” are the ones ok with “Martha”. lol. Where are you getting your percentages from of people that agree with you? Pretty sure you’re making that all up.

Ultimate Edition answers several glaring plotholes such as how the hell Superman could be framed for killing people with bullets and what the hell exactly was Lex's plan. BvS still had problems as a movie.

JL suffered for obvious reasons that we're all aware of. Not sure what kind of movie it would have been had Snyder been able to fully direct it. At least it would have been a better visual spectacle than what we got.
They made the movie brighter/changed colors, cut out a little and added 4-5 lines of jokes. Again, nothing that was going to change any of it’s real problems

Yeah stop, it gives us an answer to a stupid problem. To add to that it’s so so with more lane boring talk. It was cut for a reason and should of been cut out all the way to begin with. They tried to fix bad writing with 20 mins of boring explanation.

I guess his “fans” are the ones ok with “Martha”. lol
I can tell you don't fully understand what happened. Zack's cut of the film was cut so that WB could add more showings in the theaters ( which proved to be a huge mistake on their part). That had nothing to do with fixing anything story wise. If you watch the ultimate cut ( which i'm assuming you didn't) you can see how much more of an improvement the movie was. I know i'm wasting my time typing this and it won't change anything, but just felt the need to throw this out there. We'll agree to disagree, so i'll end it here. I respect your opinion tho.

So it went from bat **** soaked in urine to just bat ****.

Okay.

Last edited:
Consensus is that the extended edition made the movie better. It's still **** tho.

Y’all aren’t going to change his mind. But I agree with most the ultimate edition is a heck of a lot better and improves on it.

In the ultimate edition does bats still want to irrationally kill supes only to change his mind when Martha happens?

Yeah as we can see less Snyder is a good thing. I'd love for him to stay as a cinematographer. But full control over a film? I'm good.

DC still needs a lot of work done but they're moving in the right direction
Cinematography not that great either. Same filter, slow mo, distant shots. Cool at first, but now it's like his one trick.

I can tell you don't fully understand what happened. Zack's cut of the film was cut so that WB could add more showings in the theaters ( which proved to be a huge mistake on their part). That had nothing to do with fixing anything story wise. If you watch the ultimate cut ( which i'm assuming you didn't) you can see how much more of an improvement the movie was. I know i'm wasting my time typing this and it won't change anything, but just felt the need to throw this out there. We'll agree to disagree, so i'll end it here. I respect your opinion tho.
Bro, watched it just like you did, no, no need hidden meaning or anything if the sort. All it did was attempt to give more attention to lex and his idiotic plan. Nothing movie saving. “You don’t understand” seems to be the DC fanboy fall back. To add to that if you can’t get your point across within the span of 2 hours and 15-30 mins to begin with you’ve already failed.

Anyway, we’ve already done this before. Again, I’ll end it at that

Last edited:
I could see why u would say aquam overrated
But let’s be real
They made a damn movie about s guy who can talk to fish
That was actually decent
They deserve all the credit for that

The things I did like about AM were: the decision to cast a Polynesian/half Polynesian actor, how Atlantis looked, two villains, Mera. But certain setpieces, costumes, song choices and even Momoa at times were a bit meh. I went into AM expecting something with the comedic timing of Shazam and didn't get that. Shazam hit all the right notes.

Saw Shazam over the weekend(wife wanted to see it so bad:smh: and I know it's because Levi did a stint on "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel." which he's great in)
It was cool. My biggest gripe was that Levi and the kid were giving 2 separate performances.
-It would've been dope had we spent more time with batson to see more mannerisms and then have Levi do those. It becomes more apparent that more time is needed because what happens in the 3rd act when
all the other kids who we've spent an entire movie with get their powers, all those adult actors had those kids mannerisms down especially Brody and Goode
-Villain was pretty bland, but Mark Strong can act his way out of a paper bag so it was cool. would've been nice to see this fool do something to the city to draw Shazam out.
-The ending like the very end, not only did that and the credits HELLA remind me of the ending Homecoming(in presentation, shock value and music)
but why would you put that in the film??? DC really can't help themselves. Made me salty as hell sittin through the credits
-First credits scene had me lost as hell, I don't know ish about shazam, 2nd one to me as a non hardcore fan was way better, which is crazy to me, might be the first BS credits scene I genuinely enjoyed

things i liked
EVERYTIME this dude transformed:rofl: the one where he jumped of the rooftop even though it was trailers was dope on the big screen
-that liquor store scene was pretty funny from start to finish
-Shazam side hustlin:rofl:

I found it funny that no Joker trailer played, had kids in my showing and I was really hoping they'd show it so I could see the audience reaction, but DC smarter than I thought. I wonder what movies they will show that trailer in front of, because regardless of if the film is good or not, that trailer is creepy as hell.

The things I did like about AM were: the decision to cast a Polynesian/half Polynesian actor, how Atlantis looked, two villains, Mera. But certain setpieces, costumes, song choices and even Momoa at times were a bit meh. I went into AM expecting something with the comedic timing of Shazam and didn't get that. Shazam hit all the right notes.

What gave you that expection? The Bro-aquaman portrayal?

Back
Top Bottom