DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I think could both perspectives be correct at the present time. Warner Bros are very determined at this point to let that be the end of the snyderverse. They have multiple DC projects in production and any further inconsistency in direction will further reduce the dwindling interest of the general public.

With all that being said if the Snyder cut exceeds all expectations by a GREAT deal I can see AT&T possibly continuing the universe in film or series form. AT&T have already shown their power with the creation of the Snyder cut, the release of major film releases on HBO Max with little/no regard to Warner Bros.
I mean let’s be real here does anybody really want a Zatanna movie or a John Cena peacemaker series? You could easily allocate those assets to a Snyder project

JJ Abrams wasn't necessarily the right choice to move on from Snyder to either. The only thing I'm really looking forward to live-action wise from DC is the Pattison Batman movie.
I'm no JJ fan but I'd like to think we wait until he's produced or directed one DC movie before we already say he wasn't the right choice.

Did it get confirmed that Lois supposedly has Bruce's kid while Supes is dead? :lol: I still haven't watched the movie so I don't know how much was hinted at that, if at all. Apparently there was a script leak that said this?
Wasn't confirmed in this 4 hour version and I'm guessing nothing was even filmed implying that.

It's just what Zack had planned going off the leaked storyboards which are very clear that Bruce banged Lois, Clark finds out, Lois never tells Bruce, Bruce dies, and the baby grows up to be the next Batman.
AT&T have already shown their power with the creation of the Snyder cut, the release of major film releases on HBO Max with little/no regard to Warner Bros.
Wait, do we know premiering movies on HBO Max was ATT decision and not a WB one? :nerd:

I'm no JJ fan but i'd like to think we wait until he's produced or directed one DC movie before we already say he wasn't the right choice.

Wasn't confirmed in this 4 hour version and I'm guessing nothing was even filmed implying that.

It's just what Zack had planned going off the leaked storyboards which are very clear that Bruce banged Lois, Clark finds out, Lois never tells Bruce, Bruce dies, and the baby grows up to be the next Batman.
^^^
If that's the case, Kal-El getting payback with Diana one time is only right.

^^^
If that's the case, Kal-El getting payback with Diana one time is only right.
:lol:

Its not outright said either but its kinda implied Clark stays with Lois and raises the kid as his own which makes it even weirder that he becomes Batman.

But yeah if I'm Supes that's an easy opportunity for me to go get with all the amazons.

I mean let’s be real here does anybody really want a Zatanna movie or a John Cena peacemaker series? You could easily allocate those assets to a Snyder project
I know I have very little interest in either of those characters but The Suicide Squad or casting may change my opinion.

That being said if we are going solely by the judgement of the executives who are currently approving DC projects I wouldn't have a great deal of faith.

Fam they could STILL do all the mainline DC stuff and throw Snyder a small bag to do some HBO Max stuff. :lol: they just don’t like that *****

A Deathstroke vs. Battfleck mini series wouldn’t hurt anything. And again, sets them apart from “it’s all connected” Marvel.

Fam they could STILL do all the mainline DC stuff and throw Snyder a small bag to do some HBO Max stuff. :lol: they just don’t like that *****
:lol: @ "small bag"
A Deathstroke vs. Battfleck mini series wouldn’t hurt anything. And again, sets them apart from “it’s all connected” Marvel.
I think them focusing so hard on not being like Marvel is exactly where they ****** up.

They basically said hey we can do things the opposite of the MCU by rushing ****, having no long term plan or plan at all and ended up failing anyway.

Makes more sense to have a plan and all agree it's a good one.

I dunno if this embrace the multiverse, tv and film all work together will work but it is something new.

:lol: @ "small bag"

I think them focusing so hard on not being like Marvel is exactly where they ****ed up.

They basically said hey we can do things the opposite of the MCU by rushing ****, having no long term plan or plan at all and ended up failing anyway.

Makes more sense to have a plan and all agree it's a good one.

I dunno if this embrace the multiverse, tv and film all work together will work but it is something new.

They did the opposite of what you’re saying :lol:

They decided they wanted the Marvel set up but already had Batman taken up with Nolan so they fast tracked 10 years of Marvel set up with MoS and BvS. Then shot themselves again with Marvel Envy by deadpool-ing Suicide Squad

If they were trying to be different from Marvel they wouldn’t have tried to do the shared universe **** to begin with. Which is presumably why MoS was so depressing and dark :lol:

I doubt a Battfleck Deathstroke show would cost $50-100 Mill and they’re throwing money at other stuff that’s probably gonna flop. Batgirl, Peacemaker and Zatanna bringing back better ROI than a 6-9 ep Battfleck show?

I'm actually excited for Gunn's Suicide Squad too and think Peacemaker might have a chance to be successful :lol:

Movie was decent at best. Finished it yesterday. My opinion, I put this same rating as New Mutants from fox. And honestly I thought New Mutants was pretty decent.

They did the opposite of what you’re saying :lol:

They decided they wanted the Marvel set up
No they didnt. They specifically did the opposite of what Marvel Studios did.

They rushed right in to Justice League after three movies with no set up. The MCU had 5 movies planned out leading to Avengers. They rushed **** and failed.

but already had Batman taken up with Nolan so they fast tracked 10 years of Marvel set up with MoS and BvS.
Yeah, the opposite of the MCU.

Also Nolan uad nothing to do with it. WB/DC was t even trying to do a shared universe around then. They were happy with the trilogy's success.

After that is when they started. First they tried to get Nolan back and he said no. Bale wasn't coming back without Nolan so it's over for that Batman. Then they moved on to Green Lantern. That was the movie that was suppose to be their Iron Man and branch out to a shared universe. It bombed. So then they decided they do it with Superman. They couldn't get any of the directors they wanted. Zack Snyder wasn't even their 4th choice. During that time is when they decided to do a shared universe differently.

Then shot themselves again with Marvel Envy by deadpool-ing Suicide Squad
Again this aint true. Deadpool and Suicide Squad came out in the same year like 6 months a part. They both were filming in 2015. David Ayer couldn't have tried to copy Deadpool in any way cuz the movie wasn't even out for him to see.

Suicide Squad was pg 13. DP was rated R.

WB ****** up by execs meddling in the movies. Same with SS. Had nothing to do with trying to be like Deadpool.

If they were trying to be different from Marvel they wouldn’t have tried to do the shared universe **** to begin with. Which is presumably why MoS was so depressing and dark :lol:
Nah man, I dont know where you were at but all of this is wrong.

When WB/DC eventually got Snyder to do MoS they were talking about doing a shared universe their own way. Everyone was expecting and asking them if they were going to do it the Marvel way by building up to something and they said no we have a different approach. They kept saying theres different ways to do it.

They were trying to do a shared universe different from the MCU. The whole popular trend at the time was about how successful a shared universe of movies had become. Thats what WB wanted in on. Fox was getting the same questions about X-Men and Fantastic 4 but in the end couldn't. Sony got the same questions about Spider-Man and they were attempting to do one with their Spidey villains but in the end didn't cuz they failed too hard for too long to try.

WB/DC BEEN doing it the other way before anyone. All of their Batman and Superman movies are in contained universes. They specifically were attempting to do a shared universe their own way. You can check this very thread for that.

So thats what they tried to do when they were left with only Zack Snyder being like #15 on their list of directors willing to try it. They just went with w/e idea he had and at best it was a 5 year plan so not even one that could sustain a shared universe. They then brought in Ayer and Jenkins to branch out from there. The problem is the reaction to the movies and the underperforming box offices led to the execs second guessing all decisions and had them making changes on top of the story simply not being good.

Its why they never had a solid rollout plan for future movies and you would only hear they were in development and being considered.

I doubt a Battfleck Deathstroke show would cost $50-100 Mill and they’re throwing money at other stuff that’s probably gonna flop. Batgirl, Peacemaker and Zatanna bringing back better ROI than a 6-9 ep Battfleck show?
I don't know why you're assuming Batffleck or Snyder are suddenly gonna be jumping to do HBO Max movies. Especially Ben. He is out. Did you forget his face as he promoted BvS knowing it was trash? Similar goes for Snyder just from the standpoint he did his JL under the condition that its in a format to be viewed on iMax not at home on a tv.

Like you just throwing out 50 and 100 million when that's just the budget for the movie. That dont include how much you gotta pay the stars of the movie and the director. Look at who they're getting for Supergirl, Peacemaker, GCPD. James Gunn and Matt Reeves are not directing that stuff. So I don't get how you think Zack Snyder is gonna be eager for that unless he gets paid.

I'm no JJ fan but I'd like to think we wait until he's produced or directed one DC movie before we already say he wasn't the right choice.

Wait, do we know premiering movies on HBO Max was ATT decision and not a WB one? :nerd:
HBO max is bigger than just WB. All these decisions are coming from ATT. Which is prob why it’s so heavy handed and not dealing with creatives.

HBO max is bigger than just WB. All these decisions are coming from ATT. Which is prob why it’s so heavy handed and not dealing with creatives.
When you say bigger what do you mean? Like future projected earnings? Or just how you think ATT values them?

Cuz Warner Bros media is huge. All HBO Max consists of is WB media. HBO Max really doesn't make enough original content.

Plus I'm just asking where is it coming from that ATT made the decision and not WB? :nerd: Or is this just something ppl are assuming is the case?

When you say bigger what do you mean? Like future projected earnings? Or just how you think ATT values them?

Cuz Warner Bros media is huge. All HBO Max consists of is WB media. HBO Max really doesn't make enough original content.

Plus I'm just asking where is it coming from that ATT made the decision and not WB? :nerd: Or is this just something ppl are assuming is the case?

ATT been calling the shots ever since they bought Time Warner for 85b.

Great read on how ATT basically dismantled Time Warner from the inside especially HBO.

ATT already stepped in the first time. Like if the numbers come out and Snyder cut demolishes Falcon and winter soldier they will have to change their tunes

#'s seem to be in...

"SambaTV however reports that 1.7 million households tuned into Falcon and the Winter Soldier last weekend besting the 1.6M who tuned into WandaVision‘s opening weekend. SambaTV collects data from terrestrial TVs."

"SambaTV reports 1.8M US households whowatched at least 5 minutes of Zack Snyder’s Justice League on HBO Max over the weekend. Diversity breakdown for households were Black (+17%), Hispanic (+20%), and Asian (+18%) people in them over-indexed. Of the 25 largest markets, the most over-indexing were San Francisco (+67%), Sacramento (+33%), and Los Angeles (+32%)."

ATT been calling the shots ever since they bought Time Warner for 85b.

Great read on how ATT basically dismantled Time Warner from the inside especially HBO.
Damn.

I already knew ATT had copped Time Warner/WB at a loss that put them in huge debt but this is wild.

ATT gonna have to do a lot more if they want Max to compete with Netflix.

If the hopes are Stankey and Kilar wanting more subscribers and more profit for HBO Max so they'll bring Snyder back in then I'm definitely not seeing that happening after what I just read.

Back
Top Bottom