DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

BATGIRL Was Reportedly Compared To A TV Pilot And X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX During Test Screening​

Hollywood insider Matthew Belloni has now shared what he's heard about that test screening on his podcast, The Town, and it sounds like those audience members are to blame for Zaslav's perception of the movie!

Apparently, this screening took place when Warner Bros. was still trying to figure out what to do with Batgirl. He would add, "the executives, Walter Hamada of DC, and some of the others there ask the audience, 'Did this feel big?' and clearly they were trying to figure out whether it felt like it deserved a theatrical release and the consensus was absolutely not."

"[My source] said it played like a TV pilot, the stakes were very small," Belloni continues. "He said it felt a little like Dark Phoenix."

DC is in shambles. Been in shambles.

I'm excited for Joker 2. Everyone either said they didn't want it or they wanted to be something very different. Well this is going to be something different. I'll trust it.

DC's lack of a vision the last 10 or so years has kind of soured me on any shared universe or big picture thinking. I'll enjoy the Batman sequel joker 2 and 1 or 2 other standalone projects I'm sure

BATGIRL Was Reportedly Compared To A TV Pilot And X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX During Test Screening​

Hollywood insider Matthew Belloni has now shared what he's heard about that test screening on his podcast, The Town, and it sounds like those audience members are to blame for Zaslav's perception of the movie!

Apparently, this screening took place when Warner Bros. was still trying to figure out what to do with Batgirl. He would add, "the executives, Walter Hamada of DC, and some of the others there ask the audience, 'Did this feel big?' and clearly they were trying to figure out whether it felt like it deserved a theatrical release and the consensus was absolutely not."

"[My source] said it played like a TV pilot, the stakes were very small," Belloni continues. "He said it felt a little like Dark Phoenix."
This doesn’t make sense :lol:

Dark Phoenix was trash but the stakes were not small. She was killing X-Men and would’ve torched the planet while being manipulated by random aliens.

Other reports saying it scored the same as Shazam 2 and that was before it got canned. This smells like WB trying to cover their tracks.

I know nothing about the sandman but the first episode was cool enough to reel me in

“Did this feel big?” :rofl: :rofl:

I know nothing about the sandman but the first episode was cool enough to reel me in
some of the stories were intriguing and interesting. too bad I have to stop watching it as there are other details going around in the show that is too distracting for me to focus and left an impression that it is for pleasing a certain demographic that I'm not comfortable of seeing on each episode. without those certain unnecessary things and promotions, I would have been fine with. too much of it is just unsavory for me and makes me vomit like castor oil.

sandsmans really good

ep 5 and ep 6 are particularly excellent
episode 6 for me was great. other than that, the show proved not my cup of tea of what audience it is trying to target and too much of it. shame really.

some of the stories were intriguing and interesting. too bad I have to stop watching it as there are other details going around in the show that is too distracting for me to focus and left an impression that it is for pleasing a certain demographic that I'm not comfortable of seeing on each episode. without those certain unnecessary things and promotions, I would have been fine with. too much of it is just unsavory for me and makes me vomit like castor oil.

can you elaborate more? i am curious if it is something im not noticing or if im just too desensitize these days?

that dude who did chronicle...he needs to pop his meds, chill n do this right...
his style is great for dc ...

can you elaborate more? i am curious if it is something im not noticing or if im just too desensitize these days?
for example, the introduction of some of the characters' sexual orientation and the number of characters either being a homosexual or a lesbian , not to mention the sexual acts or conversations on scenes on every episode. I mean, come on like every episode we are introduced with characters of that nature and the problem I had is with overemphasis of it which I felt distracting and unnecessary. be it Alex Burgess, Johanna Constantine, Diner lesby, homosexual cook, Sandman's homosexual brother desire, club performer and so forth and so on. there is just too much of that rubbish. if I only knew the content was predominantly showing those kinds of content, I would have avoided it. too bad since the show had promise of a good storyline but just had too many distracting side shows going on and felt cheated. this is not the first time I had to abandon watching a show due to these distractions, one was Star Trek: Discovery.

I'd rather watch the Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert and To Wong Foo. atleast I knew what to expect and be entertained by what those are.

speaking of being desensitize, I believe there is a thing called "too much" and "out of place". those are the term that I would describe some of scenes in "SandMan". if you are able to overlook those things, then I guess good for you.

for example, the introduction of some of the characters' sexual orientation and the number of characters either being a homosexual or a lesbian , not to mention the sexual acts or conversations on scenes on every episode. I mean, come on like every episode we are introduced with characters of that nature and the problem I had is with overemphasis of it which I felt distracting and unnecessary. be it Alex Burgess, Johanna Constantine, Diner lesby, homosexual cook, Sandman's homosexual brother desire, club performer and so forth and so on. there is just too much of that rubbish. if I only knew the content was predominantly showing those kinds of content, I would have avoided it. too bad since the show had promise of a good storyline but just had too many distracting side shows going on and felt cheated. this is not the first time I had to abandon watching a show due to these distractions, one was Star Trek: Discovery.

I'd rather watch the Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert and To Wong Foo. atleast I knew what to expect and be entertained by what those are.

speaking of being desensitize, I believe there is a thing called "too much" and "out of place". those are the term that I would describe some of scenes in "SandMan". if you are able to overlook those things, then I guess good for you.

i gotcha

i guess thats just the norm these days being inclusive in all like faye valentine being a lesbian on the netflix live action

i did notice there were a lot and did made it seem like everyone in the shows gay but it didnt really take me out of it but i did notice it

i still really liked and enjoyed the whole series though

i gotcha

i guess thats just the norm these days being inclusive in all like faye valentine being a lesbian on the netflix live action

i did notice there were a lot and did made it seem like everyone in the shows gay but it didnt really take me out of it but i did notice it

i still really liked and enjoyed the whole series though
not sure if they are now making a requirement nowadays on emphasizing that kind of genre of making it more mainstream or a norm on every show. for me though, it is still too much of it that it becomes too nauseating especially if the acts becomes too brazen or too graphically sexual and unnecessarily inserted there for whatever useless purpose it has. what I did noticed though that such genre are more prevalent now in North American and British productions. I just don't like it that such genre is now inserted and catering a broader audience eventhough the content does seem getting to the extreme. this is the reason why I give the show a 6/10 ranking. it could have been higher but some of the content dragged it down. I'm skipping "Sandman" now and I'm looking for something else. I have to rewatch "the long night".

Back
Top Bottom