DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I'm wondering was there this much complaining for the AVENGERS 2 trailers and promo. They gave us nearly a third of the movie when it was all said and done. People are nitpicking at this point
I HATED the avengers marketing for this very reason. Pretty much knew all the main plot points before going in

I'm wondering was there this much complaining for the AVENGERS 2 trailers and promo. They gave us nearly a third of the movie when it was all said and done. People are nitpicking at this point

You're talking about the number of trailers. This is the first. Big difference. After the first trailer, if you see too much, thats on you. We know the whole outline to this film based on the first trailer.

Last edited:

Both Avengers trailers were shining examples of "spoiling the movie". I really don't see it with regards to BvS

Last edited:
Aware me other than Daredevil and Jersey girl, what are these crappy performances Ben has put out??
Who said anything about crappy Ben Affleck performances at all though?

See how you keep reaching? Assuming things not said and then going off on tangents arguing that.

Saying one person is better than the other doesn't mean the other guy sucks. I'm not gonna say that again.
Ben is going to direct the batman movie tho
That's what I really have faith in.
Dudes love to put actors under the guillotine quickly for some crappy scripts they picked up, give the man a chance....dude has been on a role both directing and writing as of lately, daredevil was what?... 10 years ago?
I'd probably agree if anybody was doing that in this thread. I will say though the actor deserves all the criticism if they pick up a crappy script and do the movie. Nobody should get a slide for poor judgement in picking movies. The greats and movie stars get ******* on when they do. Why should Ben get a slide? Matt Damon got it when he did Elysium and We Bought A Zoo and he's way better than Ben.

You keep bringing up Daredevil :lol: Like anybody is still in here bringing that up. It is what is with Ben. Also what does being on a roll with his writing and directing have to do with his acting?

Why are we even comparing Affleck to Clooney? The best Batman was Keaton :smh:

Clooney was pretty bad as Batman. It wouldn't take much to top what he did.
Steezy decided to single out Clooney in the list of dudes who played Batman like the poster was talking about who was the best Batman when he was really talking about the studio getting the best actors to play Batman (again except for Val Kilmer)

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I haven't liked any movie Lex. Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey were both too over the top and campy, seems like they're keeping that going.

Ya'll talm bout past Battfleck. Look at Battfleck now. Bruh gon dominate this role.
What is there to look at now that's different than before?

What has he done recently as an actor that has had anybody like :wow: Ben acted his *** off on that where's his Oscar nom? It wasn't Gone Girl (solid performance), wasn't Argo (good performance), wasn't Runner Runner, wasn't To The Wonder. I mean should I go back to 5 years ago for The Town? Is that "now"? The Company Men? Extract?

Never mind that we're just talking about a comic book movie role where he plays this brooding obsessive billionaire that's more focused on fighting crime than anything else. The acting chops for that aren't something that demands a lot. Also lets keep in mind the best acting performance we've seen in any of these comic book movies was done for the villain role for a character that was incredibly complex in it's own right if taken seriously but as we've seen in the past can be done without going deep in to it. These scripts don't take the time to have a wealth of depth to them for the characters at least or they're not explored fully. There's a certain amount of character development for the character's arc (if there is one) that covers a theme or two while doing the main things like stopping the bad guy and saving the day.

ben was good in gone girl 

No he wasn't :lol:

He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either.

The movie was great based upon script/plot/the lead actress.

Let's not front like Been was all over the place with his emotional range given the circumstances.

With that being said, he did look good during that exchange with Clark.
He played the character perfectly

He was supposed to be a calculated borderline sociopath who only showed emotion when acting in front of the media

He was? I didn't get the sociopath vibe from him. He just seemed lazy and comfortable in his life. Nothing wrong with not showing emotions.

ben was good in gone girl 

No he wasn't :lol:

He wasn't bad but he wasn't good either.

The movie was great based upon script/plot/the lead actress.

Let's not front like Been was all over the place with his emotional range given the circumstances.

With that being said, he did look good during that exchange with Clark.
He played the character perfectly

He was supposed to be a calculated borderline sociopath who only showed emotion when acting in front of the media

He was? I didn't get the sociopath vibe from him. He just seemed lazy and comfortable in his life. Nothing wrong with not showing emotions.

Exactly! It seemed like he was confused and complacent for 95% of the movie. Only parts where we saw any real shift was at the end when he was shying away from her (his cautious vibe was ehhh) and when slammed her against the wall.

Hell, the sister showed more ability to emote than he did. But I digress, he looked good as Bruce in that exchange: arrogant, calculating, pompous even.

I don't see how Ben's Batman/Bruce Wayne looks bad at all. I was optimistic after the casting reveal and he's looked good portraying Bats in every trailer.

The only thing I'm concerned about is Lex. Eisenberg is so damn cringeworthy in these trailers. They should of got Mark Strong to play Lex. He would of killed it.

:lol:

Also, I don't think DC/WB would reveal the final fight in the trailer either. We haven't seen bald Lex in a trailer yet. The Doomsday fight could be halfway/two thirds into the film. We'll probably see power suit Lex throwdown with the trinity. He'll probably have some of that pure uncut Kryptonite for Supes too.

Aware me other than Daredevil and Jersey girl, what are these crappy performances Ben has put out?? That sets him that far below Clooney?

And no I'm not sayin Ben is a better actor than Clooney, Clooney is great in his own right.

Um, Pearl Harbor and Armageddon?

:lol: Comically bad performances.

What has he done recently as an actor that has had anybody like :wow: Ben acted his *** off on that where's his Oscar nom? It wasn't Gone Girl (solid performance), wasn't Argo (good performance), wasn't Runner Runner, wasn't To The Wonder. I mean should I go back to 5 years ago for The Town? Is that "now"? The Company Men? Extract?

Never mind that we're just talking about a comic book movie role where he plays this brooding obsessive billionaire that's more focused on fighting crime than anything else. The acting chops for that aren't something that demands a lot. Also lets keep in mind the best acting performance we've seen in any of these comic book movies was done for the villain role for a character that was incredibly complex in it's own right if taken seriously but as we've seen in the past can be done without going deep in to it. These scripts don't take the time to have a wealth of depth to them for the characters at least or they're not explored fully. There's a certain amount of character development for the character's arc (if there is one) that covers a theme or two while doing the main things like stopping the bad guy and saving the day.

All this verbage aint got nothing to do with his domination of this role.

All this verbage aint got nothing to do with his domination of this role.
I think Batffleck will do a decent job but where is this domination? Seems you just saying it without any proof :lol:

Dudes went from talking about Ben to now just trying to making it about this and haven't even seen it yet.

People will be happy if eisenbeg is lex jr and gets killed off so the real lex can be in the next movie. If this movie ends up sucking they'll be dumb as hell to not get new writers and a new director.

Who said anything about crappy Ben Affleck performances at all though?

See how you keep reaching? Assuming things not said and then going off on tangents arguing that.

Saying one person is better than the other doesn't mean the other guy sucks. I'm not gonna say that again.
That's what I really have faith in.
I'd probably agree if anybody was doing that in this thread. I will say though the actor deserves all the criticism if they pick up a crappy script and do the movie. Nobody should get a slide for poor judgement in picking movies. The greats and movie stars get ******* on when they do. Why should Ben get a slide? Matt Damon got it when he did Elysium and We Bought A Zoo and he's way better than Ben.

You keep bringing up Daredevil :lol: Like anybody is still in here bringing that up. It is what is with Ben. Also what does being on a roll with his writing and directing have to do with his acting?
Steezy decided to single out Clooney in the list of dudes who played Batman like the poster was talking about who was the best Batman when he was really talking about the studio getting the best actors to play Batman (again except for Val Kilmer)

So what's the issue with Ben again?

Where are these doubts about how he will be coming from?

We talmbout awards?...when has Leo actually won one? And dude is arguably top 4 actors of our generation....awards mean nothing...

Ben was nothing short of great in Argo and The Town he was pretty good in Gone girl too...and like I said best part of this trailer was the exchange between him and Cavill as Bruce.

So what's the issue with Ben again?
You tell me. Somebody made a comment about Ben as an actor compared to the other talented actors who have played Batman and then you went crazy defending him like somebody said he was the worst actor to cast in the role.

Where are these doubts about how he will be coming from?
From you. Dudes made some statements about Ben as an actor and Batman in the trailer and you turned that in to somebody saying Ben had a bunch of horrible performances.

Instead of a discussion you turned this in to a wild argument with yourself making all types of assumptions that no one else said.
People will be happy if eisenbeg is lex jr and gets killed off so the real lex can be in the next movie. If this movie ends up sucking they'll be dumb as hell to not get new writers and a new director.
They're already going forward with planning as Snyder is director for the JL movies. The movie can suck but it'll most likely not flop. Plus WB/DC don't want to seem like they're scrambling or panicking by switching out directors after posting their official layout of DC movies for the next 10 years or w/e.

So at best, you'll get a screenwriter change. Hopefully Goyer doesn't do another script for them which would be a start in making better DC movies.

We talmbout awards?.
Not really but amazing performances by consistently amazing actors are recognized by the academy.

To be clear since you might not have read it I just said Oscar nom to be generous for Ben cuz something like that would be a reach for him to get.

...when has Leo actually won one?
Leo who?

I know you aint bringing up Leonardo DiCaprio. Leo, who is a vastly better actor than Ben Affleck by leaps and bounds, has nothing to do with this.

And dude is arguably top 4 actors of our generation..
Also got more Oscar noms than Ben but you right awards have nothing to do with Leo being better than Ben.

I'm still lost on why you'd bring up Leo of all ppl when trying to defend Ben. Especially when it comes to Ben the question is where are his amazing performances the last 5 years. I can name them for Leo.

Ben was nothing short of great in Argo and The Town he was pretty good in Gone girl too...and like I said best part of this trailer was the exchange between him and Cavill as Bruce
He was really good in Argo.

He was good in The Town but that's not really a movie where you say where was his amazing performance. I mean Jeremy Renner surprised more than Ben in that movie and I think Renner is pretty boring word to Bourne Legacy.

He was solid at best in Gone Girl. Funny how you can bring up actors picking up crappy scripts but on the flip side can't separate a great movie from the performances by the actors in that movie. That was a great movie where Pike gave a great performance. She drove the whole damn movie. Ben's role did not ask much of him at all. Half of the movie is him reacting to what's happening and after he figures things out it's him giving an unconvincing act of knowing what he's doing and trying to manipulate his wife through interviews to lure her back and then he's back to square 1. As already mentioned he didn't emote much to reflect the horrible situation he was in.

But hey if you want other opinions on Ben, ask in the movie thread and I'm sure you'll get more of the same for those who've watched a lot of his movies. You'll see way more praise for him as a director and on his way to being a great director as he keeps doing more. If anything Ben directing the movies he's starred in is what's really raised his profile the past 5-6 years. Probably what got him the Batman role at the end of the day. Not cuz he was the best actor out there to play this version of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Last edited:
You tell me. Somebody made a comment about Ben as an actor compared to the other talented actors who have played Batman and then you went crazy defending him like somebody said he was the worst actor to cast in the role.
From you. Dudes made some statements about Ben as an actor and Batman in the trailer and you turned that in to somebody saying Ben had a bunch of horrible performances.

Instead of a discussion you turned this in to a wild argument with yourself making all types of assumptions that no one else said.
They're already going forward with planning as Snyder is director for the JL movies. The movie can suck but it'll most likely not flop. Plus WB/DC don't want to seem like they're scrambling or panicking by switching out directors after posting their official layout of DC movies for the next 10 years or w/e.

So at best, you'll get a screenwriter change. Hopefully doesn't do another script for them which would be a start in making better DC movies.
Not really but amazing performances by consistently amazing actors are recognized by the academy.

To be clear since you might not have read it I just said Oscar nom to be generous for Ben cuz something like that would be a reach for him to get.

Leo who?

I know you aint bringing up Leonardo DiCaprio. Leo, who is a vastly better actor than Ben Affleck by leaps and bounds, has nothing to do with this.
Also got more Oscar noms than Ben but you right awards have nothing to do with Leo being better than Ben.

I'm still lost on why you'd bring up Leo of all ppl when trying to defend Ben. Especially when it comes to Ben the question is where are his amazing performances the last 5 years. I can name them for Leo.
He was really good in Argo.

He was good in The Town but that's not really a movie where you say where was his amazing performance. I mean Jeremy Renner surprised more than Ben in that movie and I think Renner is pretty boring word to Bourne Legacy.

He was solid at best in Gone Girl. Funny how you can bring up actors picking up crappy scripts but on the flip side can't separate a great movie from the performances by the actors in that movie. That was a great movie where Pike gave a great performance. She drove the whole damn movie. Ben's role did not ask much of him at all. Half of the movie is him reacting to what's happening and after he figures things out it's him giving an unconvincing act of knowing what he's doing and trying to manipulate his wife through interviews to lure her back and then he's back to square 1. As already mentioned he didn't emote much to reflect the horrible situation he was in.

But hey if you want other opinions on Ben, ask in the movie thread and I'm sure you'll get more of the same for those who've watched a lot of his movies. You'll see way more praise for him as a director and on his way to being a great director as he keeps doing more. If anything Ben directing the movies he's starred in is what's really raised his profile the past 5-6 years. Probably what got him the Batman role at the end of the day. Not cuz he was the best actor out there to play this version of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I brought up Leo because you asked about Bens Oscar noms, Leo has gotten noms all his career and has yet to win one, they mean nothing if a man like Leo has yet to land one with his talent..

Of course Leo is a better actor, who's arguing that...lmao

And since there is no issue with Ben, then carry on, I must be buggin because I could have sworn people were doubting the mans ability to portray Bruce/Bats, I also must have made up in my mind the uproar when he was revealed as the new Batman....carry on, it's all in my head.

I brought up Leo because you asked about Bens Oscar noms
Nah. You not reading my posts properly. This is what I said:
What has he done recently as an actor that has had anybody like :wow: Ben acted his *** off on that where's his Oscar nom?
So that's clearly me asking when has Ben done such a great performance that he had ppl who saw it ask where his Oscar nomination. As in the performance was so good he better get nominated.

I already know that hasn't ever happened. I already know how many Oscar noms Ben has as an actor.

It would be a joke for me to make this about awards won when we're talking about Ben Affleck as an actor. Which is why I didn't.

I know why you thought you brought up Leo but Leo is a great actor beyond reproach. He has performances where ppl who have seen it have said he deserves to not only be nominated but win an award. There's been plenty years of ppl claiming Leo has been robbed. This is why bringing up Leo is such a poor comparison. People have actually felt some sort of way about his acting.

Ben Affleck doesn't get that treatment or reaction. Either cuz he isn't that good of an actor or he's never had that kind of performance.

When it comes down to it Ben Affleck the writer and probably the director is way way way better than Ben Affleck the actor. That says a lot given he's acted in more movies than he's written or directed.

Leo has gotten noms all his career and has yet to win one, they mean nothing if a man like Leo has yet to land one with his talent..
Again you think this is about winning awards (or getting nominations) but it's not. I specifically ask about when the ppl watching have reacted like Ben deserves a nom for his acting. When has that happened the past 5 years?

When Argo won best picture who was screaming Ben should've also won for best actor?

If you gonna try and use what I'm saying against me at least have the correct grasp on what I'm talking about.

I must be buggin
You are.

Last edited:
So nobody is doubting Ben to do a good job as an actor to properly portray Bruce/Bats? Nobody?...if so we good then, I retract everything I've said.

and I'm not comparing Ben to Leo, that would be silly to do, just you brought up noms, or people saying he deserves to win or watever and that **** made me laugh because awards don't mean jack to be honest.

When Ben was announced to be Batman plenty ppl scoffed cuz they either dislike him or recognize what quality level as an actor Ben is at. I'm sure there's always gonna be ppl who dislike dude and others who know there are better choices out there. For the latter they'll at least be open to him doing a good job.

I dug it cuz I figured from the jump Batffleck would be directing the solo Bat flick as well.

I really haven't been reading in this thread a whole bunch of ppl **** on Ben. It's wait and see at this point. I've seen more ppl go in on Eisenberg (myself included), **** on the terrible casting of Gal Gadot as WW, and mentioned again how boring/wooden Cavill is.

I still don't understand why they got Gal as WW.

Should I be checking out her previous roles?

Back
Top Bottom