DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

The confrontation is fine. You need that to get people hype. We didn't need to see stuff like WW and Doomsday.
We all knew Wonder woman was in this from the get go.

From the teaser trailer we saw her in the movie in a dress at the party.

Plus all we literally see her doing is standing in front of them and then standing with them sword and shield in hand.
For me it's not really about the plot. It's just the wow moments are better when they are seen in the context of the movie. Like comedy trailers that give away all the good jokes.

We don't need to see the initial confrontation between Bruce and Clark. We don't need to see the avengers sitting around trying to lift Thor's hammer. We don't need to see any of that to get hyped for the movie so why show it.
I can get some of this but I don't think they did that with showing Bats and Supes allied and then WW.

I do think they over did it with Doomsday but we all knew bats and super had to ally to fight someone and it wasn't going to directly be Lex.

I know dudes are hyped for this movie. I know and like that feeling of looking forward to something and hate to spoil it for others. So.. commentary below in the spoiler:

1.) The Man of Steel trailers got me jaded. I was hyped. I went on opening weekend to see it. Hugely disappointed by the movie itself. Fool me once..

2.) I can't get over Ben Affleck being Batman. Yes, yes, I know... give him a chance. However, historically, the role has been played by actors who are good actors. With the exception of Val Kilmer - Bale, Keaton, Clooney are all Oscar winning actors. Ben Affleck is a log of good things but actor is not one of them.

3.) The trailer plot gave away the entire story. The Doomsday reveal was awful. So obvious that Superman and Batman become rivals and then later on in the movie team up to fight Doomsday that Lex Luthor obviously had something to do with. Let's throw in a Wonder Woman side story for the ladies while we're at it.

4.) Wonder Woman looks like she just walked off the Game of Thrones set.

You used a clooney as a representation of a good Batman....your opinion is void.

Last edited:

Plus all we literally see her doing is standing in front of them and then standing with them sword and shield in hand.
I can get some of this but I don't think they did that with showing Bats and Supes allied and then WW.

I do think they over did it with Doomsday but we all knew bats and super had to ally to fight someone and it wasn't going to directly be Lex.

Showing her wasn't the problem. Showing her in that context was. A scene like that doesnt need to be in a trailer.

I was so mad that they showed falcon in the antman trailer.

Ruined what would have been a great moment for me

I really hope they don't show Spider-Man in any of the trailers

The first time he comes on screen as Spider-Man could either be epic or something we have seen 50 times already in a trailer

I know dudes are hyped for this movie. I know and like that feeling of looking forward to something and hate to spoil it for others. So.. commentary below in the spoiler:

1.) The Man of Steel trailers got me jaded. I was hyped. I went on opening weekend to see it. Hugely disappointed by the movie itself. Fool me once..

2.) I can't get over Ben Affleck being Batman. Yes, yes, I know... give him a chance. However, historically, the role has been played by actors who are good actors. With the exception of Val Kilmer - Bale, Keaton, Clooney are all Oscar winning actors. Ben Affleck is a log of good things but actor is not one of them.

3.) The trailer plot gave away the entire story. The Doomsday reveal was awful. So obvious that Superman and Batman become rivals and then later on in the movie team up to fight Doomsday that Lex Luthor obviously had something to do with. Let's throw in a Wonder Woman side story for the ladies while we're at it.

4.) Wonder Woman looks like she just walked off the Game of Thrones set.

You used a clooney as a representation of a good Batman....your opinion is void.
He didn't say Clooney was good Batman he said he was a good actor in the overall statement that most Batmen have been played by good actors except for Val Kilmer.

In comparison, Clooney > Affleck as actors.

Showing her wasn't the problem. Showing her in that context was. A scene like that doesnt need to be in a trailer.
I honestly don't see the big deal about showing her in that context. It's pretty thin as to what's going on. They don't even show how she shows up. She's just there. It's like they cut out the part where she takes down the monster or w/e. On top of that the dialogue is leaning heavy on cheesy humor. Seems to me that's the exact type of scene you see in trailers.

Last edited:

The first time he comes on screen as Spider-Man could either be epic or something we have seen 50 times already in a trailer

I don't think they'll show Spider Man in any trailers.

The most they'll probably show is webbing and that'll be enough to get people hyped.

I don't think they'll show Spider Man in any trailers.

The most they'll probably show is webbing and that'll be enough to get people hyped.
The closer we get to the movie I'm expecting a trailer or promo spot with Spidey.

He didn't say Clooney was good Batman he said he was a good actor in the overall statement that most Batmen have been played by good actors except for Val Kilmer.

This is what a lot of you need to understand, the actor for the majority of the part doesn't make the actual movie, case in point and actor like Clooney being involved with such a crap movie, I mean we gonna eat up some actors (Ben for Daredevil, Reynolds for Lantern) but here we are using Clooney as if he set some standard Ben has to live up to, just because his resume over all is better than Bens....no matter how good Clooney is, he literally portrayed quite possibly the worst Batman EVER.

Ben is not a bad actor, he's had some crappy roles with ***** scripts, but dude is a damb good actor and even more so when he has control over directing the movie....Ben is possibly the best thing in this trailer alone...lmao

This is what a lot of you need to understand, the actor for the majority of the part doesn't make the actual movie, case in point and actor like Clooney being involved with such a crap movie, I mean we gonna eat up some actors (Ben for Daredevil, Reynolds for Lantern) but here we are using Clooney as if he set some standard Ben has to live up to, just because his resume over all is better than Bens....no matter how good Clooney is, he literally portrayed quite possibly the worst Batman EVER.

Ben is not a bad actor, he's had some crappy roles with ***** scripts, but dude is a damb good actor and even more so when he has control over directing the movie....Ben is possibly the best thing in this trailer alone...lmao

LOL

No. That's not what's being done at all. I think you need to understand nobody said the actor made the actual movie. We can all tell what parts of a movie made it bad or good. From writing to directing, to the performance of the cast.

Most just accept Clooney is a better actor. He didn't set any bar. Ben doesn't have to live up to anything. I think we've all seen enough movies to be able to tell how talented and skilled an actor is based off their performances in multiple films. Not just superhero flicks.

Also again, you keep talking about Batman. Nobody said anything about Clooney being the best Batman. He said Clooney is a better actor than Ben. That statement has nothing to do with Batman. I don't know why you keep bringing it back to Batman. That Clooney was the worst Batman ever has nothing to do with what dude was saying. I mean out of all the actors that played Batman to date Bale is the most talented without question but consequently not much of his acting skill was used int he 3 movies.

Also just because somebody says one actor is better than another it doesn't mean that actor sucks cuz somebody is better than him. Regardless you should stop making excuses for Ben like he's had it rough his entire career in having a chance to show he's a really good actor. He is what he is at this point. Dude is 40 something.

Aware me other than Daredevil and Jersey girl, what are these crappy performances Ben has put out?? That sets him that far below Clooney?

And no I'm not sayin Ben is a better actor than Clooney, Clooney is great in his own right.

Dudes love to put actors under the guillotine quickly for some crappy scripts they picked up, give the man a chance....dude has been on a role both directing and writing as of lately, daredevil was what?... 10 years ago?

Why are we even comparing Affleck to Clooney? The best Batman was Keaton :smh:

Clooney was pretty bad as Batman. It wouldn't take much to top what he did.

Last edited:
Ya'll talm bout past Battfleck. Look at Battfleck now. Bruh gon dominate this role.

I'm wondering was there this much complaining for the AVENGERS 2 trailers and promo. They gave us nearly a third of the movie when it was all said and done. People are nitpicking at this point

Back
Top Bottom