DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Plenty of people definitely hated the Affleck casting and one of the main reason is they remember Daredevil... and his chin :lol:

Should I be checking out her previous roles?
no 
laugh.gif

Ben is far from a good actor. You don't have to be a great actor to be in a popcorn movie but like I said, historically the guys who have played Batman before won Academy awards for acting.

Theres only one man who won an academy award before he donned the cape. Guess who?
View media item 1816688
My dude clooney wasnt getting no awards for facts of life, return of the killer tomatos, or horror high :lol:

Im probably the only one who didnt like the part of " thought she was with you " ... I cant explain it but ben does that stupid facial expression everytime lol..its like he grins while hes talking

Maybe i have seen to many of his movies to even noticed this.. But yea im still 50/50 on him. Batman or bruce..

I'm pretty sure no one liked that line.. I saw plenty of people complaining about how corny that was.. especially in a trailer.

Reddit hated that line 
laugh.gif

Hey man, it's not me, I was one of the few defending the casting but many do not forget. That happens when you lead one of the worst comic book movies ever made.

Nah I know bro...I just think is ridiculous to crucify an actor for a movie they starred in over a decade ago...CBM have evolved, they make studios a lot more money than they did in those days, bigger budgets, better scripts, etc.....as well as actors get better...this man has had more hits than misses and given a good script, he's proven to be really good IMO....I don't see how he's at a disadvantage to Kilmer, Keaton, Clooney or Bale, not like Clooney was killing the game before he threw the mask on :lol:

I have a feeling this will end up being a stupid action movie but the actor behind and the character of batman will not be the reason it's not that great of a movie 

That's basically it... I think Affleck can be a fine Batman/Wayne.. but nothing about his casting had me very excited. It was more like "Oh wow, that's a big name stepping into that role, interesting". Ben is a good actor, not great, but he's okay.

He won't be the reason this movie is met with likely mixed reviews. Snyder's direction and the script will likely be the reasons.. along with the feeling that they're pushing the DC shared universe and the movie/story is rushed. It'll be entertaining, we'll have awesome moments and scenes, Eisenberg might even be a surprise hit, but I'm going to be shocked if it's a truly great movie. I'm expecting another Man of Steel just with Batman.

That's basically it... I think Affleck can be a fine Batman/Wayne.. but nothing about his casting had me very excited. It was more like "Oh wow, that's a big name stepping into that role, interesting". Ben is a good actor, not great, but he's okay.

He won't be the reason this movie is met with likely mixed reviews. Snyder's direction and the script will likely be the reasons.. along with the feeling that they're pushing the DC shared universe and the movie/story is rushed. It'll be entertaining, we'll have awesome moments and scenes, Eisenberg might even be a surprise hit, but I'm going to be shocked if it's a truly great movie. I'm expecting another Man of Steel just with Batman.

My sentiments exactly.

Actually, not exactly. Pretty sure Lex is going to suck. If the movie shocks me, it will be in spite of Lex.

Last edited:
Devin Faraci (guy who broke the Robin costume in the Batcave, Superman Protestors, Lex manipulating Supes AND Lex making Doomsday from Zod) says he's familar with the script and the trailer does indeed spoil way too much of the film.

Back
Top Bottom