DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Agreed, I won't be surprised if this WW film is a bust. I hope Chris Pine got a multi-movie deal out of this.

A lot of people want her, but the studios are probably hesitant because she's already 40yo.

And then factor in multiple movies over the next 5+ years.

She's aging phenomenally she can pull the role into her 50's looking 30

Im cool on Charlize. Her overacting in that Snow White movie was too much for me.

going all in would mean putting out the best possible product

most times that's not going to be the biggest star on the market

force awakens is about to become the highest grossing movie of all time with a female lead that has never been in a movie before 

It's Star Wars :lol:
And the movie isn't Rey's, plenty of cast power oncluding the OG cast which is what makes this movie even more desirable...

Capt Marvel is not a popular character with the general public, they need to focus on this movie probably more than they did on all the others, they gonna want little girls to be blown by it....not just fan boys...they need a very strong lead, their safest bet would be Charlize...I cannot see anyone else pulling it off and doing a better job.

What about JLaw as CM?

Fox ain't letting that card go :lol:

I'm just trying to picture an actress that can hold her own amongst all these already established characters/actors and not be watered down...Capt Marvel if I remember correctly is no chump, she needs to have that pressence both as an actress and as a character.

pick the best talent for the role, not the biggest star

the marvel brand name sells itself 
Word. Marvel is operating on a whole other level than the rest when it comes to this. They got quality in spades.

This ___ or bust stuff is a joke.

Last edited:

What about JLaw as CM?
**** no
shes so bad in xmen 
laugh.gif

Captain Marvel needs to be mature-looking, physically intimidating, have massive screen presence, be extremely confident, and be somewhat brolic.

Word. Marvel is operating on a whole other level than the rest when it comes to this. They got quality in spades.

avengers 2 was already crap as is, yeah they have momentum but if they start to drop the ball now, they might not reach the end zone when IW comes around...and like I already said, this is their first female lead....GO ALL IN.

avengers 2 was already crap as is, yeah they have momentum but if they start to drop the ball now, they might not reach the end zone when IW comes around...and like I already said, this is their first female lead....GO ALL IN.
marvel has been great with their casting

even their villains have been casted well, their problems are in the writing

they turned andy dwyer's goofy *** into a badass han solo type, they will be able to turn which ever female lead they cast into a likeable and commanding character.

they turned andy dwyer's goofy *** into a badass han solo type, they will be able to turn which ever female lead they cast into a likeable and commanding character.

I don't know man...perhaps you right...I don't see the gamble being worth it wth this movie....Marvel didn't make Pratt likeable, DUDE IS LIKEABLE....and GOTG is in its own level, that was Marvels gamble and they won, movie was pretty much a shot in the dark to begin with to see how far the envelope can be pushed, yeah they can do the same with Capt. marvel, but being the first female lead, I don't see why they would gamble with it

Evangeline Lily as Wasp will be good. She's even co-headlining the title of the sequel.

That's your opinion.

Also pretending like Charlize Theron is going all in is also just your opinion :lol:

They're not starting to drop any ball. That's just been your view of things for a while now.

Not reach the end zone? What you think gonna happen with Civil War and Dr. Strange next year?

That's your opinion.

Also pretending like Charlize Theron is going all in is also just your opinion :lol:

They're not starting to drop any ball. That's just been your view of things for a while now.

Not reach the end zone? What you think gonna happen with Civil War and Dr. Strange next year?

Opinions is all we have in this thread...the audacity to make that YOUR argument :lol:

:lol: at there being more CM talk in the Batman/Supes thread than in the Marvel thread

Say what you will about Marvel, but they can cast. I'm not worried about the Cap Marvel casting.

Last edited:

I don't know man...perhaps you right...I don't see the gamble being worth it wth this movie....Marvel didn't make Pratt likeable, DUDE IS LIKEABLE....and GOTG is in its own level, that was Marvels gamble and they won, movie was pretty much a shot in the dark to begin with to see how far the envelope can be pushed, yeah they can do the same with Capt. marvel, but being the first female lead, I don't see why they would gamble with it
You'll end up saying the same thing about the CM movie after it comes out. CM was on it's own level, whoever they cast is likable, Marvel gambled and they won, etc.

You'll end up saying the same thing about the CM movie after it comes out. CM was on it's own level, whoever they cast is likable, Marvel gambled and they won, etc.

So you agree casting an unknown for the first female lead in the MCU a huge gamble?...that's all.

IN MY OPINION, it's not worth the risk, AOU already showed Marvel isn't immune to mediocrity

That's your opinion.

Opinions is all we have in this thread...the audacity to make that YOUR argument :lol:
You're stating your opinion like it's fact.

Charlize Theron or bust, Go ALL In.

That's just a bunch of nonsense hyperbole by you. It's literally nothing more than your opinion. Not a guarantee that casting her is the best choice or by doing that Marvel is showing some level of commitment that they wouldn't have if they cast someone else. You literally aren't making an argument.

Last edited:

So you agree casting an unknown for the first female lead in the MCU a huge gamble?...that's all.

IN MY OPINION, it's not worth the risk, AOU already showed Marvel isn't immune to mediocrity
cap, thor, star lord, replacement hulk were all pretty much unknowns

RDJ was washed up before the first IM

no one thought paul rudd would ever be a super hero

marvel has made the greatest franchise in the history of hollywood by taking "risks", why stop now?

Back
Top Bottom