DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

You'll end up saying the same thing about the CM movie after it comes out. CM was on it's own level, whoever they cast is likable, Marvel gambled and they won, etc.

So you agree casting an unknown for the first female lead in the MCU a huge gamble?...that's all.

IN MY OPINION, it's not worth the risk, AOU already showed Marvel isn't immune to mediocrity
I never said anything about casting an unknown or not. I'm just sure whoever Marvel chooses will end up being the right choice for the script and director.

We've been over the candidates and who we like for the role plenty of times in the Marvel thread.

All I'm saying is no they don't have to choose Theron and whoever they end up picking will be the right choice for the movie they're making.

To me you're just worried about too much you don't need to be at all.

As for AOU, plenty would disagree so in your mind that's where the label of mediocrity is coming from. If you feel that way I don't see how you think you could convince others you're right. You sound like you're almost in full panic mode.

Last edited:
Marvel knows what they're doing. They're thinking about who best can play the role, not about the name of the actor/actress. That's why they are successful.

If they were just worried about landing names, the mcu would be a very, very, very, very different landscape.

Last edited:
marvel only casts big names for villains that they kill off at the end of each movie 
laugh.gif

AOU was 3/10 :rofl:

For the movie that's supposed to have all these cats fighting a bigger threat, joint was WASHED.

Antman and GOTG were both gambles, both led by already VERY likeable leads....I never doubted Rudd or Pratt...matter of fact from the second Rudd was castes I was IN :lol:

I'm not in panic mode, I just know that merchandising wise and with their competition fumbling the ball over and over again....Marvel has had its share of freedom to gamble...I just don't see why gamble their first female lead when there is an actress that can ace the role with ease....but I'm sure is not all up to the studio, Theron would also have to show interest in it...lol

Ya over here acting as if they caster Rhonda, Marvel can turn her into a lead and ya would all flock to it, well because MARVEL.

Straight fanboy talk Bruhs.

Since when is AOU mediocre?? Movie was legit. Living up to the hype does not = mediocre

Last edited:
I enjoyed AoU but if Marvel keeps pumping movies out with that level of generic, servicable quality I think fan interest will eventually peter out after Phase 3. So we need off-beat and less mainstream popular heroes like Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Inhumans, and Black Panther to take the lead like what was done with Ant-Man and GoTG.

And we need Spidey's solo flick to just be an absolute masterpiece. I will accept nothing short of a 10/10-worthy movie

Last edited:
Thor solo film have been mediocre to garbage, IronMan is 1/3, Cap has the best track record as a solo franchise, Hulk had one ok movie with a complete different actor...GOTG and Antman both were good, A1 was great and A2 was absolute garbage, I don't know where this level of movie Greatness ya claim is coming from, more like F4, Xmen, DCU have been pretty ****** and Make marvel look even better, sort of like the skinny ugly chick looking great amongst all her fat friends...

Thor solo film have been mediocre to garbage, IronMan is 1/3, Cap has the best track record as a solo franchise, Hulk had one ok movie with a complete different actor...GOTG and Antman both were good, A1 was great and A2 was absolute garbage, I don't know where this level of movie Greatness ya claim is coming from, more like F4, Xmen, DCU have been pretty ****** and Make marvel look even better, sort of like the skinny ugly chick looking great amongst all her fat friends...
none of your issues with any of these movies have much to do with the leads though

marvel has been great when it comes to casting, it's their writing that falls short from time to time

They even made hawkeye semi likable in the last movie

if marvel starts to put out trash it will not be because of casting choices 

AOU was 3/10 :rofl:
:x @ rating on a scale of 10

FAIL

Also :lol: @ the Rhonda Rhosey hypothetical. There's gambling and purposely tanking your chances. In what world is Marvel casting her? You not making any kind of sense. Just going from one extreme to the next.

Last edited:
DCU have been pretty ******

Well. At least you can admit that. Don't even know why you're taking the argument to different places when we were just talking about casting.

You keep calling their casting gambles. I call it Marvel knowing what they're doing. Your opinion about the Marvel movies doesn't change that Marvel can cast.

Last edited:
none of your issues with any of these movies have much to do with the leads though

marvel has been great when it comes to casting, it's their writing that falls short from time to time

They even made hawkeye semi likable in the last movie

if marvel starts to put out trash it will not be because of casting choices 

Nah I'm not debating that, their casting has been great no doubt about that, some gambles tho...I don't think is time to gamble now, specially when every actress/actor wants to be a part of this, why hire an unknown and gamble?...lol

They pulled those stunts with Hemsworth, Evans and RDJ because well, they were breaking any box office records back then...lol

Well. At least you can admit that. Don't even know why you're taking the argument to different places when we were just talking about casting.

You keep calling their casting gambles. I call it Marvel knowing what they're doing. Your opinion about the Marvel movies doesn't change that Marvel can cast.

Not denying that, but you guys giving the MCU far too much credit specially when their Ace (AOU) was pure trash....those boys can cast, no doubt about it.

You got to respect their track record with casting. Marvel casting an unkown for a well known role - you call it risky - I call it Marvel just knowing what they're doing. They don't take any casting decision lightly.

What you're vouching for is almost the equivalent of asking Curry to stop taking deep 3s because it's the championship game. You don't go away from what works just because the stakes are higher.

Last edited:
There's a good chance that she'll be CM

There's also a good chance that they might pick someone we don't know

Aside from Marvel, what's ya take on it?...ya don't think Charlize would crush it?
not sure on who I would like to play it but she's def too old for me

whoever they pick is going to get the 10+ picture deal and have to play the character for the next 8-10 years

we dont need a 50 year old super hero flying around in 2025

There was a hot blonde in the trailers for the pixels movie. One of these franchises needs to give her a part for eye candy.

Back
Top Bottom