DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

If i'm tired and drunk at a party and some fat wildebeast looking broad hops on me then i'll try and get my phone out my pocket to call 911 and say i'm getting assaulted. With my luck it'll probably be an nt no fap month where any kind of friction will have my mind distorted.

From the interview I read done with the producer of the show, MM been on Earth, been protecting it secretly from all types of threats and wants to keep it that way. He feels Supergirl's presence is a bother and may ruin his plans.

I dunno if that's cuz of the city she's in or her working with the DEO or w/e that gov. group is called.

Just watched the animated batman vs Robin.. These DC properties have so much potential

Just wish they followed what was being done with the animated movies

Last edited:
Son of Batman was unwatchable, but BvsR was okay.

The Red Hood movie was fantastic though, as were all of the JL and Superman animated movies

The Red Hood movie was fantastic though, as were all of the JL and Superman animated movies
yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the new batman movies. I'm interested in seeing the new one to hopefully see if my boy nightwing shines as batman 

Under the Red Hood is easily one of the greatest DC animated movies ever made. Top 5 for sure. Only other animated Batman film I like more in fact is Mask of the Phantasm.

Hated Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin :smh:

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Both of you are Drunk :smh: . Both of those movies were crazy; you two must be Grayson fanboys :lol:

Or you know, we just have good taste and like good movies. Both films simply aren't anywhere near as good as the source material they're based off of. Son of Batman made Deathstroke look like a ***** for what seems to be the sole purpose of boosting up Damian. (Which is completely unnecessary as the character's good enough to stand on his own without such cheap tactics). Batman vs Robin did the same thing, but this time went further and had Damian fighting Batman and Nightwing as if both aren't just plain better fighters than him. Not only that, but it also made the Court of Owls look pathetic and unable to do anything of note. Batman films without good villains are a waste of time and the last two films had this issue in spades. The films pretty much took the worst aspects of Damian Wayne's character and focused on that, while watering down everyone else including Slade, Ra's, Talia, Bruce, and ****.

Films were trash and don't come close to Under the Red Hood or various Justice League films we've seen.

Or you know, we just have good taste and like good movies. Both films simply aren't anywhere near as good as the source material they're based off of. Son of Batman made Deathstroke look like a ***** for what seems to be the sole purpose of boosting up Damian. (Which is completely unnecessary as the character's good enough to stand on his own without such cheap tactics). Batman vs Robin did the same thing, but this time went further and had Damian fighting Batman and Nightwing as if both aren't just plain better fighters than him. Not only that, but it also made the Court of Owls look pathetic and unable to do anything of note. Batman films without good villains are a waste of time and the last two films had this issue in spades. The films pretty much took the worst aspects of Damian Wayne's character and focused on that, while watering down everyone else including Slade, Ra's, Talia, Bruce, and ****.

Films were trash and don't come close to Under the Red Hood or various Justice League films we've seen.

First and foremost, whoever said they came close to Under the Red Hood? Since when does not equaling the GOAT DC movie means something's trash? I'm not a fan of the Gods & Monsters film, but I won't go as far as to say it's trash.

Concerning the story lines, I'm going to go ahead and revisit my court of owls comic because it's been a while since I've read it, but from what I remember, I don't think the movie strayed to far from it. To your point about Deathstroke, let's not act like DC animated movies haven't portrayed characters in lesser lights to boost the profile of others of the benefit of the story. I.e. Green Lantern in damn near every Justice League movie, his fans are up in arms after each depiction.

As far as the fight scenes between Damian & Bruce/Grayson, you act as if 1) he wasn't trained by Raz since he was a toddler to be the ultimate fighter/assassin for damn near a decade, he clearly has undeniable talent. 2) Either Bruce or Grayson approached their altercations with the same mentality that they would fighting someone who was an actual villain. The fight in Son of Bats, Grayson took a few licks but clearly won. The one in B v R, Damian took him off his game using mental attacks, of which we've seen happen to Grayson prior to this interaction. I don't see how any of this is far fetched or reason to denounce the movie. But to each his/her own.

@seymour cake

Didn't say its trash because it doesn't equal Under the Red Hood, hence the paragraph of other reasons before that line. Simply pointing out that in terms of DC films both of those are at the bottom.

I've yet to see a GL portrayal that's as bad as Deathstroke's in Son of Batman. However, saying that other DC films portray other characters badly doesn't make either of these films doing it ok. That's just a mark you should be placing against those films. The basic concept for the Court of Owls as this ancient organization remained the same. It's connections to Bruce and **** were cut (Second one for the better in my opinion) as was it's confrotnation with Bruce for the most part. The concept of the Talons was also shifted around. The Lincoln March bit was removed and you had a new character from the film placed into his Owlman type role instead, along with a new characters Bruce was dating being the head of the Court. All the other characters and events concerning them, such as Barbara or Tim, were also naturally not included.

Same in the comics, doesn't change the fact that Bruce and **** are still superior to him, as a ten year old is still a person with only ten years of experience, compared to both of them who have been fighting and training for a longer amount of time. I'd say watch Batman vs Robin again, Damian vs Nightwing wasn't about taking Nightwing off his game, because both used verbal attacks against the other. He plain came out on top through superior martial arts. If anything, Nightwing was the one talking more than Damian.

Kingdom Flastbush pretty much hit the nail on the head. Writing is bad and the animation's nothing to write home about either. Numerous characters look bad for the purpose of making Damian look better. Only thing I don't have any problems with at all is the voice acting. But certainly to each his own.

Last edited:
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Both of you are Drunk :smh: . Both of those movies were crazy; you two must be Grayson fanboys :lol:

Animation was trash, writing was trash, Damian Wayne voice acting was trash

Trash

I really don't like the new animation style dc is using. Giving people chinstraps on their masks and what is up with bruce's jagged hairline? Looking like he got lined up with a batarang. damian inherited it too.

"He did this crazy thing...all the actors were rehearsing, and his character is in love with Margot Robbie -- she's Harley Quinn...so we're rehearsing, and this actor who plays the Joker's kind of lieutenant, walks in and he goes, 'Present for Ms. Quinn.' Hands her a box. She opens the box, and a live, giant black rat pops out," Barinholtz explained to Howard Stern. "And we're like, 'What the f--k is going on? That's crazy!' So 20 minutes later, we're still rehearsing, and the actor comes back in and he goes, 'This is for the squad from Mr. J.' And he throws a pig on the table, a dead pig, and as he puts the pig on the table all these bullets start to come out of it...this is in a rehearsal space a month before we started shooting."

Back
Top Bottom