DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Diddy money wouldn't be old money for at least another 2-3 generations from now. Kids and their kids have to maintain it and add to it.

Last edited:
You can still have the same batman story without his parents being old money. It's about a rich kid who because of childhood trauma risks his life to fight crime. Being an African American who's parents are one generation removed from poverty could bring an interesting dynamic to his relationship with the streets

Stringer bell as Bruce Wayne, he just uses his British accent when he's batman

Perfect
That actually is perfect :lol:

Bale was slipping :smh:

So you guys want Batwing?

View media item 1869342
That dude was corny.

No opinion on the other Batwing though, Lucius Fox's son.

It's kind of hard to come from a prestigious old money family in america when you're black
True but it depends where you want to reach for it.

I really only considered Bruce's parents to be wealthy. I never got in to the Wayne family like they were old money. I do know his mom does come form old money being a Kane.

Last edited:
Nah Bruce's family has been entrenched in Gotham for centuries and at least two of his villains come from rival "Old Money" families. Dude has to be white

There can even be a bit of backstory about how as a kid Bruce started working on his British accent to mock Alfred (because that's what kids do) but ends up using it to protect his identity

The Bat voice

The old money thing

Is the same as Superman having to be a goody two shoes to me

Not necessary imo

Patiently awaiting the arrival of a scumbag Superman and a Batman with charisma who doesn't talk like he has throat cancer. Hopefully in my lifetime I'll get it :smile:

Last edited:
The Bat voice

The old money thing

Not necessary imo
Well if superman starts acting like batman that would be a totally different character

But different accent different parents and you can still have the same core batman character

I don't mind changes to an established character as long as they don't require you to fiddle with their backstory or personality too much. Like a black Clark Kent would be fine to me because he comes from an alien planet and gets raised by two parents in kansas. That's his story, wouldn't need to change anything to accommodate for a change in race. But for Bruce his family lineage goes back centuries. They're like a fictional american version of the Rothschilds. If you make him black you'd need to change all of that.

Last edited:
You can still have the same batman story without his parents being old money. It's about a rich kid who because of childhood trauma risks his life to fight crime. Being an African American who's parents are one generation removed from poverty could bring an interesting dynamic to his relationship with the streets
Well at this point you might as well create your own superhero that has similar origins to Batman.

People still think lex in the cartoon was black. Give batman a dark enough complexion and some might've thought that too.

The Bat voice

The old money thing

Not necessary imo

Patiently awaiting the arrival of a scumbag Superman and a Batman with charisma who doesn't talk like he has throat cancer. Hopefully in my lifetime I'll get it :smile:
I hope the same thing too.

The Bat voice

The old money thing

Not necessary imo
Well if superman starts acting like batman that would be a totally different character

But different accent different parents and you can still have the same core batman character
Doesn't have to act like Batman but at least have a cool personality and a somewhat unexpected attitude as Superman.

Batman has only had the "throat cancer" voice in the Bale trilogy :lol:

I didn't realize that Batman's voice was this big a concern with the fans :lol:

bane's voice was weird when you first heard it too. I expected him to have an accent like in the cartoons.

Batman doesn't need to be black. Him being black won't make the character any more or less interesting.

Last edited:
If he was black he wouldn't need that eye makeup under the mask unless they get one of those really lightskinned guys.

And use 70s jive talk when he's tryna disguise his voice.

Last edited:
bane's voice was weird when you first heard it too. I expected him to have an accent like in the cartoons.
I don't know if there were different voices but that final product sounded like a technical problem.

It was like his voice was only coming out of one speaker on one side of the room :smh:

The at home version was cool enough. "Ahh, you think darkness is your ally..."

Batman doesn't need to be white. Him being white won't make the character any more or less interesting.
True

Last edited:
If nolan ever has his back broken, I wonder if tying a rope around himself would be one of his treatment options.

If nolan ever has his back broken, I wonder if tying a rope around himself would be one of his treatment options.

It feels as if people gave this bs a pass. I rolled my eyes hard when I saw this.

Last edited:

It feels as if people gave this bs a pass. I rolled my eyes hard when I saw this.
When I saw that I just assumed his back was never broken and he had a severe back muscle spasm cuz in real life nobody recovers from a broken back that quickly. Batman didn't in the comic :lol: :smh:

What bothered me was how quickly he got back to Gotham to stop the bomb among other huge errors in TDKR

When I saw that I just assumed his back was never broken and he had a severe back muscle spasm cuz in real life nobody recovers from a broken back that quickly. Batman didn't in the comic :lol: :smh:

What bothered me was how quickly he got back to Gotham to stop the bomb among other huge errors in TDKR

Or how the stock market allowed Bruce to go broke when armed robbers came in and uploaded a program in view of a ROOM full of traders.

aye bat's voice sounds so damn robotic this time around. :x It's like he's being dubbed instantly.

Back
Top Bottom