DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

If nolan ever has his back broken, I wonder if tying a rope around himself would be one of his treatment options.

It feels as if people gave this bs a pass. I rolled my eyes hard when I saw this.
When I saw that I just assumed his back was never broken and he had a severe back muscle spasm cuz in real life nobody recovers from a broken back that quickly. Batman didn't in the comic :lol: :smh:

What bothered me was how quickly he got back to Gotham to stop the bomb among other huge errors in TDKR

Or how the stock market allowed Bruce to go broke when armed robbers came in and uploaded a program in view of a ROOM full of traders.
The entire occupy Wall St. angle Nolan tried to inject in to the movie was complete trash. So badly botched. I ignore that altogether :lol: :smh:

All the hype around bane and he gets killed by catwoman shooting a rocket at him from off screen

Yup.

Clark Kent wears glasses, really?

No one can tell Bruce Wayne and Batman have the same chin?

Lex talked too fast.

Every post. Clockwork. :lol:

this thread is going to be disgustingly unreadable once this film comes out :x

I can see the dissertations already.

Seriously I let the clark kent glasses thing go when I found out Dolly Parton lost a Dolly Parton lookalike contest.

Last edited:
What did you expect? :lol:

It's not like there's any good will here. Only ppl who liked MOS is gonna be giving these guys the benefit of doubt.
No one can tell Bruce Wayne and Batman have the same chin?
This is new :lol: Did you make this up or did somebody actually say this?
Lex talked too fast.
The writing and Eisenberg will provide all of necessary material to tear the Lex character a part.

Last edited:

I can see the dissertations already.

Seriously I let the clark kent glasses thing go when I found out Dolly Parton lost a Dolly Parton lookalike contest.

Wonder what that lookalike was looking like. Seems like it happens often where people think a famous person looks different up close.

You also have to factor in people are stupid or just not observant. superman could walk around metropolis in costume and people would think he's like the times square people in costume and comment how the real superman is a lot bigger.

I'd probably be guilty of it too if I saw my favorite pron actresses around town with clothes on and not stretched out in weird positions.

Last edited:
There are several reasons for why Superman is not casually outed as Clark in public

Superman's public identity is as an alien philanthropist. Most people don't even realize that he has a "secret identity". They think he lives at the Fortress of Solitude and comes out to save the day.

There's a matter of debate regarding whether or not Superman's "real identify" is Clark Kent. The best way to approach him is to represent the duality of his origin. Clark Kent is the big, awkward, goofy lumbering guy who grew up on a Kansas farm with a good heart, Superman is the extroverted alien god who was rocketed to Earth as the last hope of a dead planet, and protector of the world.

Basically the short answer is that Clark expresses his identity in two completely different, yet valid and honest ways, and on paper these two people just don't add up. If you live in the DC world, Clark Kent just cannot possibly be Superman. Which is one of my critiques of BvS, Clark Kent as a reporter seems a bit too confident and agressive and that should be reserved for Superman.

P.S. as someone who wears (Gucci :pimp:) eyeglasses, I can tell you right now that you look very different with them on and off :lol:

Last edited:
I've had people I know pass me in public because they aren't used to seeing me wear eyeglasses.

The not wearing glasses thing making you unrecognizable is stupid.

At least Supergirl (the new show) has approached it in a way that doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence. Ej. Latest episode Martian Manhunter shifted into Supergirl and stood next to Kara to throw her boss off; her boss thought Kara and Supergirl was the same person (as more people should)

It would be much better if they could explain it away as the suit having some kryptonian technology that glamours his face to other ppl (but to the tv viewer it's still the same face)

Last edited:
I missed the TDKR convo, but I'm going to post this anyway.

tumblr_mdlay17Ovg1ruaha0o3_500.gif

Ha, I was wondering if that was going to be mentioned. I wonder if that was her best take or nolan just didn't give a damn at that point.

Back
Top Bottom