DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

This is just the introduction. They're expanding the universe. They very well may make a Joker standalone at some point if they're starting with Suicide Squad.

I'm not sure if confirmed but Battfleck/Leto Batman movie would be great.
Why SS though?

Outside of Croc and Harley I have no idea who these other characters are.

I don't get the negative reaction to the SS trailer. I think it's a good change of pace from the super serious tone DC has stuck with for a while now. They know what they're doing. I don't think it was unintentional. I think they want this to be the parallel to the seriousness we'll likely see in BvS. And when those villains and heroes collide, I think it'll make for some interesting stuff.

Just marvel booty boys hating as usual

Get use to it. Theres gonna be alot of that in here

I don't get the negative reaction to the SS trailer. I think it's a good change of pace from the super serious tone DC has stuck with for a while now. They know what they're doing. I don't think it was unintentional. I think they want this to be the parallel to the seriousness we'll likely see in BvS. And when those villains and heroes collide, I think it'll make for some interesting stuff.

The problem is I don't think the movie is going to be anything like the trailer.

Like it seems they cut the trailer in that specific manner just to get the GotG fans :lol:

The vibe they were trying to get didn't fit the footage at all, imo. Like trying to force a square down a round peg.

Just marvel booty boys hating as usual

Get use to it. Theres gonna be alot of that in here
laugh.gif

The problem is I don't think the movie is going to be anything like the trailer.

Like it seems they cut the trailer in that specific manner just to get the GotG fans
laugh.gif

The vibe they were trying to get didn't fit the footage at all, imo. Like trying to force a square down a round peg.
Yeah, I could see that argument. I don't think it'll be as much fun as GotG but I just think that this trailer makes me feel a lot better about the aesthetic choices they made with things like Joker's whole look and Killer Croc. A tone somewhat like GotG usually puts me in a space where I'm more willing to throw caution to the wind and buy into the ridiculousness going on on the screen.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful. I look forward to finding out this Fall.

Like it seems they cut the trailer in that specific manner just to get the GotG fans :lol:

Your comment has no merit since you haven't seen it yet.

Dudes also said Deadpool was somehow copying GotG with its trailer
laugh.gif

Like it seems they cut the trailer in that specific manner just to get the GotG fans
laugh.gif

Oh.
laugh.gif

It must be really dry in the marvel thread if all these marvel f___ boys are here nitpicking over this dope trailer. This is literally the only place I'm reading negative reactions to the trailer. From what I've seen the universal feeling is that this trailer was excellent. But leave it to some bored marvelites to bring up non-existent comparisons to GOTG. Like , how are these 2 movies even remotely resemble each other?? Because they used a rock song in the trailer??? Huh?? So GOTG was the only one to do that..........
ohwell.gif

SS trailer was perfection , DC into to the JL dope , and BVS DOJ will be
pimp.gif

Bank on it!!

Why are you guys assuming it's marvel fanboys though? Movie fans are going to laugh and point out dumb stuff in any trailers. I'm a movie fan, I give no dambs if it's marvel or dc.

I mean it is pretty much the same people who post in these threads and that is why we try to consolidate the threads as much as possible so you kind of already know who's who and where they stand.

It's like me defending DCEU and then you see the username and you're just like "oh.. ok"

:lol:

Dead :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I mean it is pretty much the same people who post in these threads and that is why we try to consolidate the threads as much as possible so you kind of already know who's who and where they stand.

It's like me defending DCEU and then you see the username and you're just like "oh.. ok"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As Amel said earlier, it's pretty obvious the editors cut this trailer to attract the GotG crowd by making it appear like a "fun" flick.

And I'm sorry, was there another movie besides GotG recently that had a group of bandits come together for the greater good with classic rock playing in the background?

The way this trailer was cut wasn't a coincidence. Just a blatant ripoff.

I'm surprised John C. Reily didn't have them come out and introduce them in a police lineup. :D

As Amel said earlier, it's pretty obvious the editors cut this trailer to attract the GotG crowd by making it appear like a "fun" flick.

And I'm sorry, was there another movie besides GotG recently that had a group of bandits come together for the greater good with classic rock playing in the background?

I'm surprised John C. Reily didn't have them come out and introduce them in a police lineup. :D

That's because he is gonna do it in Deadpool.

It must be really dry in the marvel thread if all these marvel f___ boys are here nitpicking over this dope trailer. This is literally the only place I'm reading negative reactions to the trailer. From what I've seen the universal feeling is that this trailer was excellent. But leave it to some bored marvelites to bring up non-existent comparisons to GOTG. Like , how are these 2 movies even remotely resemble each other?? Because they used a rock song in the trailer??? Huh?? So GOTG was the only one to do that..........
ohwell.gif

SS trailer was perfection , DC into to the JL dope , and BVS DOJ will be
pimp.gif

Bank on it!!
this is NT, we hate on everything 
pimp.gif

the world is boring when everything is positive 

What are you talking about ? I knew Dudes was gonna come with the stupid responses no matter what ... I would swear half of you seen the movie already how hard is it to hold off judgement ??

Not to mention the fact that the Suicide Squad story is far from new.

Why cant they go for a slightly less serious tone without being called biters? People always complain about how dark DC superhero movies (mainly Batman) have been.

EDIT:
The original Guardians of the Galaxy  are a fictional superhero team appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The Guardians first  appear in Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Jan. 1969).
The Suicide Squad, also known as Task Force X  (the name of a closely related but independent supervisory organization), is a name for two fictional organizations appearing in American comic books  published by DC Comics. The first version debuted in The Brave and the Bold#25 (1959), and the second version, created by John Ostrander, debuted in Legends  #3 (1987).
Just saying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom