DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Not to mention the fact that the Suicide Squad story is far from new.

Why cant they go for a slightly less serious tone without being called biters? People always complain about how dark DC superhero movies (mainly Batman) have been.

Seriously :lol:,dudes have been asking for less gritty DC films for a minute and now that they get one it's considered a rip off...they can't win :lol:

is that common?

if they have the joker and common ends up being the main protagonist people are going to be upset 

Well maybe I misinterpreted it.

But it came off as saying that DC was biting Marvel with the tone of the trailer.

The tone of the Suicide Squad story was never flat out serious drama. With Harley and Joker, do you really expect there not to be a ton of comedic relief and a less dark tone?

Last edited:
Not to mention the fact that the Suicide Squad story is far from new.

Why cant they go for a slightly less serious tone without being called biters? People always complain about how dark DC superhero movies (mainly Batman) have been.

EDIT:
The original Guardians of the Galaxy are a fictional superhero team appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The Guardians first appear in Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Jan. 1969).

The Suicide Squad, also known as Task Force X (the name of a closely related but independent supervisory organization), is a name for two fictional organizations appearing in American comic books
 published by DC Comics
. The first version debuted in The Brave and the Bold
#25 (1959
), and the second version, created by John Ostrander
, debuted in Legends
 #3 (1987
).

Just saying.
Yeah :lol: but the first version of the GotG in the comics were time travelers who were fighting a war against the Badoon not the rag tag team we saw come together in the movie.

GotG as we know them today is something that formed based off the comics in the mid 2000s and then got adapted and changed a bit more for the movie.

I won't bother to get in to what the Suicide Squad was originally.

I dont' think anybody is literally comparing the two teams. One is villains being used by the gov't the other to do black op missions, the other are outlaws and misfits coming together on their own to save the galaxy.

If anything one version of the Thunderbolts are more similar to SS.

Makes sense. That was just a quick search. I just didn't want to talk about Suicide Squad's tone never really being 100% dark/serious without finding the original origins. Didn't mean to muddle the argument or go so far off topic with it. My bad.

But it came off as saying that DC was biting Marvel with the tone of the trailer.

The tone of the Suicide Squad story was never flat out serious drama. With Harley and Joker, do you really expect there not to be a ton of comedic relief and a less dark tone?
Well I never think comedy when I think of the Joker.

That's his whole thing. He's not actually funny. He's a sadistic murderer and crazy. Harley is too just in a more playful way. I don't remember laughing a lot watching TDK at least not cuz of jokes.

So when they were shown to be in this I assumed it'd just be that much more gruesome. Might get another pencil scene.

I understand the stance about the trailer and the tone. The SS came off to me like a black ops team. So the tone is dark. Sure it could have that morbid humor, sarcastic humor but I never thought it'd be a light movie.

The initial trailers got that right that it'd be dark. Not like how it appeared in this trailer.

Last edited:

Well I never think comedy when I think of the Joker.

That's his whole thing. He's not actually funny. He's a sadistic murderer and crazy. Harley is too just in a more playful way. I don't remember laughing a lot watching TDK at least not cuz of jokes.

So when they were shown to be in this I assumed it'd just be that much more gruesome. Might get another pencil scene.
Yeah, I never laughed at Heath Ledger as joker. Even when he said things that could be interpreted as funny, it always still came off as kind of dark and creepy.

I don't expect Joker to play a huge role honestly. I think they'll moreso try to establish him as a larger threat than the rest of the villains in SS to set up a standalone Bats movie.

I guess we have to wait and see. I've been a huge fan of SS for years, so I'm clearly biased. I just want this movie to be good so bad.
laugh.gif

I don't get the negative reaction to the SS trailer. I think it's a good change of pace from the super serious tone DC has stuck with for a while now. They know what they're doing. I don't think it was unintentional. I think they want this to be the parallel to the seriousness we'll likely see in BvS. And when those villains and heroes collide, I think it'll make for some interesting stuff.

Where's the negative reaction? The only negative stuff I read was Bohemian Rhapsody. Not talking to you, but some of ya'll sensitive in here :lol: . Ya'll got that angry underdog mentality.

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly expect laughs in the audience from Leto's Joker.

TAS Joker was funny/crazy and I think that's the route they're taking.

is the tattooed man anything like that guy on the flash tv show who was bootleg gambit with card tats? 

is the tattooed man anything like that guy on the flash tv show who was bootleg gambit with card tats? 

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Richards_(New_Earth)

Powers:

Body Art Animation: By using an unknown process known as sin-grafting, Mark has what he says are the sins of the men he had killed. He further states by placing the tattoos on his body he redeems those he has killed. The tattoo's peal themselves off his skin by force of his will and then he can mentally direct them in any way he sees fit.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Abel_Tarrant_(New_Earth)

Powers:

Body Art Animation: The Tattooed Man's body is covered with various tattoos that Abel can animate and control simply by touching the region of his body where the tattoo is located. The effects discontinue upon Tarrant's command or if he should happen to be incapacitated.

Back
Top Bottom