DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Lol, the GotG vibe was so intentional. From the music to the way the cops were talking about the characters. Don't think the music fit the trailer well and it's going to be very weird if the whole movie is going to be filled with music like that.

Trailer feels just as weird and disjointed as the newest BVS trailer.

Will say I'm looking forward to SS way way more than BvS.

Last edited:
Idris Elba would be a dope cyborg :pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, the GotG vibe was so intentional. From the music to the way the cops were talking about the characters. Don't think the music fit the trailer well and it's going to be very weird if the whole movie is going to be filled with music like that.

It really feels like the person/team cutting together this trailer ignored what the movie is supposed to be and just wanted to make a fun and exciting trailer 

Still don't get why were getting a cyborg movie and not a Martian man Hunter movie

He's part of the main core members of the New 52 JL team

View media item 1876490
A.K.A. DC needed a hero that was not white to be a core/founding member to appeal to poc since JL has mostly been an all white team for the majority of it's existence.

I gotta assume this Cyborg movie, if made, is gonna be stealing from all the great A.I./robot/sci fi movies cuz Cyborg does not have a good enough origin or even a handful of classic stories to his name let alone a list of villains. I'm expecting some sort of Terminator meets Hal 9000 with some Robocop sprinkled in there..... which could turn out good now that I think about it.

It really feels like the person/team cutting together this trailer ignored what the movie is supposed to be and just wanted to make a fun and exciting trailer
Welcome to the world of misleading trailers.

Not saying that's what's going on with this movie. They may have in fact changed **** to make it GotG with villains :lol: I mean it's not like it's rated R.

They did a good job though. Before I thought this movie was going to be boring and drab with a truly mediocre plot. Now I think I can watch it and get some laughs.

One thing I do notice though is a lot of ppl here got SS anticipation higher than BvS. I still think based off trailers BvS looks like it'll be the better movie.

Last edited:
I look at a Cyborg movie as a chance for DC. NO ONE gives a **** about him or has any expectations for the movie, so they really just need to make a decent movie and folks will be all in.

BvS trailers gave away the entire plot

SS trailers give away no plot at all

I hope DC takes note next time around for Batman/Superman movie that less is more these days. People will line up regardless of knowing the plot as long as the trailers look sick and gives people something to look forward too.

That trailer was great. I feel like it did a really great job selling the film. Seems like it's kinda gonna be like those weird superhero films that came out in the mid-90s and i'm totally with it :lol:

Still don't get why were getting a cyborg movie and not a Martian man Hunter movie
still willing to bet it becomes a Teen Titans film

BvS trailers gave away the entire plot

SS trailers give away no plot at all
Well from what I gathered off trailers and early official announcements, BvS is Bats going after Supes and WW is in it for some reason, Lex manipulating and scheming in the background until he strikes where Bats and Supes then team up to take down Lex and w/e threat he's cooked up, Doomsday, and WW is there too. Also other JL members cameo cuz this is like right before they form the league. Visually I don't know if they showed too much. A lot of stuff was expected like Bats not liking Supes and this Superman is being worshiped angle. I still don't know WW's role or how she shows up (not that I care cuz of Gal).

If they had showed Superman beating up on Doomsday or some fights scenes with Batman ripped straight out of TDKR then I would've been like they showed too much.

SS I know from trailers is about a bunch of villains put together by some gov. org to go on some dangerous mission. For now I assume that's the Joker or that he's involved. If not then there's a lot of flashbacks for Harley with the Joker in them for some reason in the movie :lol: I don't know much about a lot of the villains so in this sense there's less for me to type but it's basically a team movie of ppl who have never been on a team like this that are all dangerous taking on something equally or far more dangerous. Visually, I feel they showed just as much as BvS we just can't connect the dots as easily due to the larger cast.

VOaTg1H.gif

LYk5ceF.gif

kI19EZ8.gif

2VvMJZW.gif

9Wp5Lm3.gif

Trailer needed some Drowning Pool or Korn
tumblr_o18eeq04Ov1tysvr9o1_540.gif

I don't get the negative reaction to the SS trailer. I think it's a good change of pace from the super serious tone DC has stuck with for a while now. They know what they're doing. I don't think it was unintentional. I think they want this to be the parallel to the seriousness we'll likely see in BvS. And when those villains and heroes collide, I think it'll make for some interesting stuff.

That Suicide Squad trailer was DOOOPPPE!! I wasn't before, but I'm actually hype for that movie now.

That little feature also has me warmed up to BvS now too, however, still praying they don't try and squeeze too much BS in it like we all know they are, didn't realize the JL movie is coming as soon as next year.

This is just the introduction. They're expanding the universe. They very well may make a Joker standalone at some point if they're starting with Suicide Squad.

I'm not sure if confirmed but Battfleck/Leto Batman movie would be great.

Back
Top Bottom