DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Amy Adams is fine as Lois Lane, probably the one with the most acting chops in the whole film but Snyder needs to stop using filters that makes her looks extra ordinary, we need the American Hustle Amy Adams

View media item 1913635

the age difference was/is way too obvious..

real life amy is 41 and cavil is 32

I really don't understand the vehement dislike for MoS. The script was somewhat weak for a franchise reboot but I feel like the actual movie delivered on multuple fronts

Many see it as a homage to Reeves and Routh was casted because he resembled him the most, there was a scene when Routh was running with glasses on and ripping his shirt and I could have sworn it Reeves for a split second.

Funny enough, that was also one of the complaints about MoS, they wanted to see Reeves revived on the big screen and was disappointed when they saw a bigger brute Supes version on the screen that got no screen time with his glasses on.

I much prefer MoS to SR too but I do think that SR is only a few tweaks from being as good if not better. They really need to stop with the stupid Lex plot to have more land, have Supes punch someone or something and end the film 15-20 minutes early (this last few minutes really made him more of a stalker Supes than anything else).

Dare I say, I liked SR for what it was. Like my main complaints were Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey and the lack of action( all though I did like the sequence of Supes flying around averting disasters caused by the earthquake)

Other than that, I liked the world and atmosphere that was created. But mainly I liked that it had superman saving people.

I think SR and MoS sit at opposite spectrums. MoS was imo just non stop brainless action and SR was a bit too "a day in the life of superman"

Last edited:
I dug the blonde chick who played Lois in SR

I think ole girl fell off the face of the planet after movie bombed. Next thing I see her in, she looked so washed as that hick girl with that Irish dude who kicks ***

Can't remember any names today. Lol

I don't hate MOS.. I think it was aiiright.. I just don't think it was the right tone for a superman movie

as I've said before, I don't think Snyder was the right choice for superman (and justice league).. I'm not attacking him or saying I think he's a terrible director, I just don't think his style was/is a good fit for that or this

I think he would make a really good batman movie [and I'd love to see him do a live action dark knight returns movie(s).. based off of what we have seen of this and what he did with watchmen]

Dare I say, I liked SR for what it was. Like my main complaints were Kate Bosworth, Kevin Spacey and the lack of action( all though I did like the sequence of Supes flying around averting disasters caused by the earthquake)

Other than that, I liked the world and atmosphere that was created. But mainly I liked that it had superman saving people.

I think SR and MoS sit at opposite spectrums. MoS was imo just non stop brainless action and SR was a bit too "a day in the life of superman"

MoS had Supes saving people, he just didn't have the suit yet when he did it. I think it works for an origin film.

It was cool to see different powers he possessed (clip below) when trouble started brewing but sadly that was pretty much the extent we saw of his powers.

This was a cool scene (embed help)

Last edited:
MoS was an enjoyable movie. Could have used a brighter more vibrant colour filter but it's not the end of the world

I’m more and more stunned with the picking and choosing of qualms and complaints I see on here as years/movies go by. :lol:

Today I’ve read Brandon Routh wasn’t so bad ( :rofl: ) or Superman Returns might have been better than Man of Steel. ( :smh: )

I’ve seen shade on Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight start to pick up steam. I’ve seen Captain America 1 was one of the better films of the MCU. (?)

This place gets weirder and weirder with every day that passes.

Henry Cavil can’t act cuz he looks weird in previews. ( :lol: ) The studio “must feel like” a certain way because of the path they choose with casting and increasing the visibility of their products.

The facts of the matter with all this are, MOS was the best Superman film we’ve ever seen. Perfect? No. Flawless? No. Best we’ve ever had? Yes, resoundingly.

OG Superman was saving ****ing cats in trees, and taking down jewelry thieves. He fell apart because Margot Kidder’s old ugly *** died in some dirt. In the sequel, he faced off against Zod. It was awesome, for 1981. But it’s cringe worthy by today’s standards. “No, the people!!!!!!”

MOS got rid of all that bumbling bull **** and made Superman a regular dude, growin up in Kansas, drinkin a beer, watchin a ballgame, grew up with a cape around his neck chasin the family dog, being taught by his father right from wrong, not to use his powers to crush douche bags, and one of the underrated aspects, he showed anger. He showed humanity. Zod shows up on moms lawn, Supes doesn’t **** around, and he POUNDS dude for messin with his mother. What red blooded American man wouldn’t do that if someone stepped at their mom like that?

Did they mess up this tornado Costner death a little? Sure. Could they have tightened up the script? Absolutely. Does any of that ruin the film? Not at all.

Sorry, but if you are gonna sit and ***** about MOS and those type of things, then look me in my eye and say “hey, Brandon Routh wasn’t so bad” Go **** yourself. :lol: Serious, just walk on by. The hell on with that mess. That’s like Patriot fans calling other teams cheaters. Or Yankee fans complaining that other teams spend too much money. Get all the way outta here with that nonsense.

What’s happening, and I see it clear as day, people already have their set judgements ready to go. Batman vs Superman could be greatness, or it could be very good, or it could be average, or it could be below average, or it could be terrible, won’t matter, the same opinions we’re seein in February, we’ll see in March and April. No matter what the actual film pulls off.

Some of these clips in the previews may not even be in the finished project, same as any other movie that movies and swaps scenes into previews and out of the final film. But let’s not let that stop us from pre judging what the film is all about.

Everyone loves Guardians of the Galaxy. I loved it. Lot of people did. They killed the big bad guy with a dance off. A ****ing, dance off. Oh hey, great movie, that scene didn’t bother me at all, loved that movie, woo hoo!!! Man of Steel has Superman wear glasses as his disguise, same as he has for 75 friggin years, “OMG, can you believe the nerve of Snyder to try and pass that off as realistic!!!!!” Like, does Marvel brainwash you people or something? :lol:

Niketalk is a good year or two away from “ya know…..now that I think about it, Clooney Batman really wasn’t all that bad. And Bale, I mean, he was really overrated anyways, hell, Joker was only cool cuz Ledger died……..” I’m not kidding. Superman Returns is somehow gaining praise in 2016, or at least, praise because it wasn’t directed by Zack Snyder, so I’m fairly confident you guys won’t let me down and someday I’ll read how Batman and Robin really got Bane done right, or Batgirl was well done. :lol:

Quote:
I’m more and more stunned with the picking and choosing of qualms and complaints I see on here as years/movies go by.
laugh.gif

Today I’ve read Brandon Routh wasn’t so bad (
roll.gif
) or Superman Returns might have been better than Man of Steel. (
mean.gif
)

I’ve seen shade on Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight start to pick up steam. I’ve seen Captain America 1 was one of the better films of the MCU. (?)

Henry Cavil can’t act cuz he looks weird in previews. (
laugh.gif
) The studio “must feel like” a certain way because of the path they choose with casting and increasing the visibility of their products.

The facts of the matter with all this are, MOS was the best Superman film we’ve ever seen. Perfect? No. Flawless? No. Best we’ve ever had? Yes, resoundingly.

OG Superman was saving ****ing cats in trees, and taking down jewelry thieves. He fell apart because Margot Kidder’s old ugly *** died in some dirt. In the sequel, he faced off against Zod. It was awesome, for 1981. But it’s cringe worthy by today’s standards. “No, the people!!!!!!”

MOS got rid of all that bumbling bull **** and made Superman a regular dude, growin up in Kansas, drinkin a beer, watchin a ballgame, grew up with a cape around his neck chasin the family dog, being taught by his father right from wrong, not to use his powers to crush douche bags, and one of the underrated aspects, he showed anger. He showed humanity. Zod shows up on moms lawn, Supes doesn’t **** around, and he POUNDS dude for messin with his mother. What red blooded American man wouldn’t do that if someone stepped at their mom like that?

Did they mess up this tornado Costner death a little? Sure. Could they have tightened up the script? Absolutely. Does any of that ruin the film? Not at all.

Sorry, but if you are gonna sit and ***** about MOS and those type of things, then look me in my eye and say “hey, Brandon Routh wasn’t so bad” Go **** yourself.
laugh.gif
Serious, just walk on by. The hell on with that mess. That’s like Patriot fans calling other teams cheaters. Or Yankee fans complaining that other teams spend too much money. Get all the way outta here with that nonsense.

What’s happening, and I see it clear as day, people already have their set judgements ready to go. Batman vs Superman could be greatness, or it could be very good, or it could be average, or it could be below average, or it could be terrible, won’t matter, the same opinions we’re seein in February, we’ll see in March and April. No matter what the actual film pulls off.

Some of these clips in the previews may not even be in the finished project, same as any other movie that movies and swaps scenes into previews and out of the final film. But let’s not let that stop us from pre judging what the film is all about.

Everyone loves Guardians of the Galaxy. I loved it. Lot of people did. They killed the big bad guy with a dance off. A ****ing, dance off. Oh hey, great movie, that scene didn’t bother me at all, loved that movie, woo hoo!!! Man of Steel has Superman wear glasses as his disguise, same as he has for 75 friggin years, “OMG, can you believe the nerve of Snyder to try and pass that off as realistic!!!!!” Like, does Marvel brainwash you people or something?
laugh.gif

Niketalk is a good year or two away from “ya know…..now that I think about it, Clooney Batman really wasn’t all that bad. And Bale, I mean, he was really overrated anyways, hell, Joker was only cool cuz Ledger died……..” I’m not kidding. Superman Returns is somehow gaining praise in 2016, or at least, praise because it wasn’t directed by Zack Snyder, so I’m fairly confident you guys won’t let me down and someday I’ll read how Batman and Robin really got Bane done right, or Batgirl was well done.
laugh.gif
Clooney Bruce Wayne wasn't bad though.

And you gonna sit there and tell me Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy wasn't
smokin.gif
? HOW @CP1708?

laugh.gif

Last edited:
RFX has begun a trend :lol:

Let it all out my brothers! :lol:

Can't wait to read this thread next month and get just as upset :smh:

Last edited:
I’m more and more stunned with the picking and choosing of qualms and complaints I see on here as years/movies go by.
laugh.gif

Today I’ve read Brandon Routh wasn’t so bad (
roll.gif
) or Superman Returns might have been better than Man of Steel. (
mean.gif
)

Henry Cavil can’t act cuz he looks weird in previews. (
laugh.gif
) The studio “must feel like” a certain way because of the path they choose with casting and increasing the visibility of their products.

Sorry, but if you are gonna sit and ***** about MOS and those type of things, then look me in my eye and say “hey, Brandon Routh wasn’t so bad” Go **** yourself.
laugh.gif
Serious, just walk on by. The hell on with that mess. That’s like Patriot fans calling other teams cheaters. Or Yankee fans complaining that other teams spend too much money. Get all the way outta here with that nonsense.

Everyone loves Guardians of the Galaxy. I loved it. Lot of people did. They killed the big bad guy with a dance off. A ****ing, dance off. Oh hey, great movie, that scene didn’t bother me at all, loved that movie, woo hoo!!! Man of Steel has Superman wear glasses as his disguise, same as he has for 75 friggin years, “OMG, can you believe the nerve of Snyder to try and pass that off as realistic!!!!!” Like, does Marvel brainwash you people or something?
laugh.gif

Niketalk is a good year or two away from “ya know…..now that I think about it, Clooney Batman really wasn’t all that bad. And Bale, I mean, he was really overrated anyways, hell, Joker was only cool cuz Ledger died……..” I’m not kidding. Superman Returns is somehow gaining praise in 2016, or at least, praise because it wasn’t directed by Zack Snyder, so I’m fairly confident you guys won’t let me down and someday I’ll read how Batman and Robin really got Bane done right, or Batgirl was well done.
laugh.gif
Accurate AF!!!!!

Exactly.

Any Rumor or story with Marvel films, coincidence and "different" story.

DC Rumor, flat out true, close the studio, execute Snyder, they should just give up......

:lol:

Comical at this point.
Like I said before, I wonder why that is. I laid it out with the other 2 studios making superhero flicks as well.

It's not like NTers are the ones making these sites and posting the rumors.

Also Bale's Batman was overrated. That deep voice **** was terrible. Ruined the character in all 3 movies. I still don't get how Nolan underused such a great actor and really thought he could elevate such pedestrian character development.

I see you with the rest of your tired MOS was great but I don't know why yall don't like it spiel and the whole what was great now sucks and what was bad is now pretty good.

Alright I'm gon' spoiler my reply because I hate seeing my wall of text replies. :lol:

I meant a rumor of a film in trouble, which in essence is the same, I am not saying the rumor is exactly the same word for word or scenario by scenario. It is the same in the vein that the film was in trouble and the rumors were reported, that bit not the movie being terrible (which in BvS case is actually debunked by another rumor to be not even the case). Many thought it was doomed with the Edgar Wright debacle and when everyone like Whedon siding with Wright that it is the start of MCUs unraveling (yes there were those reports and speculations).

The rumor started from disposing all other DCEU films planned and getting rid of Snyder to another rumor debunking that and that the concern was the films are too deep and complex, I think it just proves that those rumors are way too difficult to take it seriously.

But again the arguments here is that these rumors are rising out of DC but not with any other companies, as I said before it's all about the personnel hired but really in this case, just a rumor that many has put too much weight on. I mean even if there are concerns ion Marvel (I am sure there has been a couple of films that they felt weren't going to be too good) but their personnel might just be better at keeping secrets. It really isn't that far fetch, there is a reason all their actors make jokes about getting sniped if they say something about unreleased films. :lol:
I think my whole point though is that rumors are just rumors and we can't put too much weight on it, I saw someone here even post "so all our speculations are correct that DC is this and DC is that" and it was all based on an unconfirmed rumor. I really think that I could post a "rumor" and add a fake link and if it's negative and about DC, I almost have no doubt it'll pick up steam :lol: For the most part, that's how Mayimbe and LatinoReview makes click baits for their sites.
Yeah I think we talking about different things.

As for your last point, I find it funny you suggest that when it's you that is posting the negative rumors in this thread which starts the discussion.

Why post the rumor if you don't think it's credible? I don't even visit those **** sites or follow those ppl on twitter or wherever they post hat stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom