DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

^ ^ ^

To be fair, these are all rumors. Yeah Sony didn't have those talks beforehand until it leaked and there were concerns up the wazoo.

I mean it really is all up to what is leaked it and how valid it is, from what I am seeing, it is pretty much just unknown "sources" confirming it and one of the rumors is pretty much clearing up another rumor.

At the end of the day, these people have different employees and all studios try their best to prevent leaks but it just can't be avoided. I mean look at all the rumors Gunn has to debunk, some of these sites just throws things at the wall and see what sticks.

No problem with discussing it and seeing point of views but I do think some take it as real hard facts.

And it has happened with Marvel, the problems with Edgar Wright with AntMan was pretty well documented. Those problems leaked maybe a year before he left the project. So it happens to the best of them.
I know they're rumors.

Edgar Wright and Ant-Man isn't the same thing in the least.

This rumor is about ppl within WB thinking the movie they're about to release isn't good and/or won't be received well which creates rumors about the director losing his job and the whole roll out plan being completely changed. A movie that's already made and will release. Talk makes it sound like it's DOA.

Ant-Man was never a priority. Also the rumor wasn't Marvel doesn't think ppl will like the movie or it isn't good. They never even let it get that far. It's his vision that's been on the sidelines for like 7 years does not match the universe we created and then they fired him. To me what happened to Edgar Wright is no different than the little things we heard when Favreau no longer directed Iron Man movies or the switching in directors for the Thor movie. If there was talk/rumors about Dr. Strange being **** then you could say it has happened with Marvel.

Like I said earlier, what I find extra weird about this is this rumor comes out after the report/rumor that the same WB execs saw the movie and gave it a standing ovation. You think if you wanted to invoke confidence in your movie this would be reported after all the we think this movie is **** rumors just for damage control.

Last edited:
Alright I'm gon' spoiler my reply because I hate seeing my wall of text replies. :lol:

I meant a rumor of a film in trouble, which in essence is the same, I am not saying the rumor is exactly the same word for word or scenario by scenario. It is the same in the vein that the film was in trouble and the rumors were reported, that bit not the movie being terrible (which in BvS case is actually debunked by another rumor to be not even the case). Many thought it was doomed with the Edgar Wright debacle and when everyone like Whedon siding with Wright that it is the start of MCUs unraveling (yes there were those reports and speculations).

The rumor started from disposing all other DCEU films planned and getting rid of Snyder to another rumor debunking that and that the concern was the films are too deep and complex, I think it just proves that those rumors are way too difficult to take it seriously.

But again the arguments here is that these rumors are rising out of DC but not with any other companies, as I said before it's all about the personnel hired but really in this case, just a rumor that many has put too much weight on. I mean even if there are concerns ion Marvel (I am sure there has been a couple of films that they felt weren't going to be too good) but their personnel might just be better at keeping secrets. It really isn't that far fetch, there is a reason all their actors make jokes about getting sniped if they say something about unreleased films. :lol:
I think my whole point though is that rumors are just rumors and we can't put too much weight on it, I saw someone here even post "so all our speculations are correct that DC is this and DC is that" and it was all based on an unconfirmed rumor. I really think that I could post a "rumor" and add a fake link and if it's negative and about DC, I almost have no doubt it'll pick up steam :lol: For the most part, that's how Mayimbe and LatinoReview makes click baits for their sites.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Any Rumor or story with Marvel films, coincidence and "different" story.

DC Rumor, flat out true, close the studio, execute Snyder, they should just give up......

:lol:

Comical at this point.

Man of Steel was great? Naaah. Last decent DC flick was from the TDK days.

Man of Steel was very bad.
superscream-1427983640.gif

...no, it wasn't.

I see what you're saying about animated movies turned in to live action. DC not being smart enough to hire Bruce Timm and the like to pen the stories for film is sadly funny.

If they were making movies like the animated ones they'd be dominating.

I know one thing playing in to all of this gloom and doom talk about this movie when it hasn't even come out yet is the fact that they sat on it for a year after Marvel forced their hand with AOU and again with Civil War :lol: They got all antsy with a full year to think about it while also watching other superhero movies and the reactions to those movies.

Man it blows my mind that they apparently didn't even consider this as an option. :smh: Really doesn't make a lick of sense not to have the GOAT on board for this kind of thing. The man was a major part of building up the animated universe to the success that it was and clearly knows how to adapt comic storylines, while still making new stories at the same time. And he's still doing work in the area now! DC dropped the ball.

Man of Steel was great? Naaah. Last decent DC flick was from the TDK days.

Man of Steel was very bad.
Bad?  No....

Did you watch Superman Returns?  That was bad... 

Superman Returns is honestly one of the worst comic films we've ever gotten and I don't think anyone can seriously argue otherwise. You had ******* Superman lifting up an island of Kryptonite, after he'd been stabbed with a shard of kryptonite, and throwing it into space. :smh: Movie was terrible.

I'm sure Superman Returns was very bad too. I barely remember the movie because I think it's been nearly a decade since I last watched it.

Funny part is dude who played Superman in that movie I think can still play Superman. Seen him in some work lately, most recently Legends of Tomorrow and I swear in my heart he can outperform Cavil if given a second chance. This is how bad I think Cavil is.

Last edited:
:rofl: @ them assuming that the audience are full on idiots that can't comprehend a complex story

I'm actually excited about the story if that's the case

same here, but I felt like TDK delivered a more complicated story(morals, having to lie,etc) than anything Marvel as put out and that made a Ton of money. Was there that concern when that movie was being made???

I hope this movie def delves deeper story wise, been yearning for it.

Makes me wonder if kids were able to keep up and understand what was going on in the nolan bat movies.

I'm sure Superman Returns was very bad too. I barely remember the movie because I think it's been nearly a decade since I last watched it.

Funny part is dude who played Superman in that movie I think can still play Superman. Seen him in some work lately, most recently Legends of Tomorrow and I swear in my heart he can outperform Cavil if given a second chance. This is how bad I think Cavil is.

What a joke. :lol:

What. Hell no :lol:

And I liked MoS as well. Thought the editing sucked, though. Should of just had a linear story.

Bruh , your trolling at this point. There is no way in hell you can compare Brandon Routh with Henry Cavill. Acting wise, Henry is miles above Routh. Like, have you seen dude in Legends of Tommorow? There's a reason he's on a CW show and not on the big screen. And I respect the fact that you didn't like MOS, but to call it bad........Nah son!

I honestly think Routh is one of the least talented actors between Arrow and The Flash. Haven't seen any of Legends of Tomorrow yet so I can't comment.

What has Cavil done that merits the kind of defense I'm seeing?

To me, his acting is just unacceptable.

One note, no subtlety kind of actor. No charisma. Super stiff. I just don't see it. Dude can't eem make an angry face in the bvs trailer without making me shake my head. Only actor that's even worse to me that sticks out in the trailer is new dude who plays Lex. Blanking out on his name lol

Not eem saying Routh is good. Just saying Cavil is just that bad.

I mean. It's not surprising to me that there are talks of Battfleck solo movies but I'm not hearing anything about direct sequels to MoS. Unless I'm missing something.

Wasn't BvS supposed to be a solo sequel to MoS, but then the studio felt they had to add batman? I could go on.

Last edited:
Ehh Henry is doing a good job as Clark. Character is boring anyways and never really shows anger. Role is perfect for him. Has that calm demeanor.

I still wish we could see the superman from Gods & Monsters in a movie. Mexican raised with a goatee and gives no dambs. The version of Wonder Woman was also awesome.

^
Nah, that's zachary quinto.

Damn, how could I forget that :smh: them boys do look alike though

I liked Returns only for the plane scene, the Marlon Brando cameo, and the John Williams music :lol:

To say Routh can and should supplant Cavill though :x reported

for as great as I think amy adams is, I think she was the poor casting choice in MOS

Back
Top Bottom