DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Gal-Gown-Smile.gif

Early reaction but you know... take with grain of salt as usual...

Studio Plant ‎@StudioPlant007

BvS=11/10.Easily in my top 3 CBM's of all time.10xbetter than MOS(which isn't even in my top 10)3rd act=epic #BVSPremiere #BatmanvsSuperman

Rodrigo Mariano ‎@Dragonsfoe

I haven't felt this giddy after watching a movie since The Avengers. Goosebumps. Everywhere. Need to talk about it ASAP. #BVSPremiere

Ashley ‎@anwarren87

I can confirm the loudest applause of the night at #BVSPremiere was #WonderWoman entrance. #WhoWillWin Wonder Women won. And she will again

And damn Gal Gadot is [emoji]128293[/emoji] and Ben affleck is the definite batman. Can't wait for next November. #BVSPremiere

For those who hated that second trailer (including me) don't worry. It's awesome. #BatmanvSuperman #BVSPremiere

Batman v. Superman was amazing, better than Man of Steel bring on the DCEU! #BVSPremiere

Kendell B. ‎@kburton23

So Ben Affleck is my favorite Batman now.. #BVSPremiere

Ben Kahn ‎@BenTheKahn

Lots to process and think about, but overall BvS is an excellent movie #BVSPremiere

Erin Elizabeth Mizer ‎@EEMizer

.@GalGadot's entrance as Wonder Woman in #BatmanvsSuperman was hands down the best part of the movie. #bvspremiere

Swati Teerdhala ‎@swatiteerdhala

Got to say, I was pretty impressed by Batman v Superman. Everyone went crazy for Wonder Woman! (she was amaze) #BVSPremiere

Terrance Pryor ‏@TerrancePryor

#BatmanvSuperman made me cry real tears. That is all. #BVSPremiere

Last edited:
Carl Cunningham ‏@carlcunningham 2h2 hours ago

I love Keaton more than anyone, but this is the best live action Batman ever. And it's not even remotely close. #BatmanvSuperman

Orders of magnitude better than MAN OF STEEL. #BatmanvSuperman

Also, naysayers... Zack Snyder + Chris Terrio = WIN. You want a race, well DC may have just caught up with one movie. #BatmanvSuperman

Can someone help clarify the ethos / symbolism of Superman (based off of MOS)?

He essentially represents the duality of human compassion/goodness and god-like power, correct? He never accepted himself completely until he learned about his heritage. And he could've been a major a-hole if he wasn't raised by the Kents.

Last edited:

He essentially represents the duality of human compassion/goodness and god-like power, correct? He never accepted himself completely until he learned about his heritage. And he could've been a major a-hole if he wasn't raised by the Kents.

A lot of people dislike Max Landis, but he somewhat hits the nail on the head about what makes Superman special, which is his inherent understanding of right and wrong :lol:

He makes a fantastic point in pointing out that it doesn't take for Clark's Uncle Ben to be killed in a preventable shooting or for his parents to be murdered in his childhood for him to understand that he should use his gifts to help people

Basically he's just a guy from Kansas who was raised to do the right thing. His power has nothing to do with it. Although in MoS and the original movies Jor-El sent him to Earth with the intention of helping humanity, I don't think he should be written that way

A lot of people dislike Max Landis, but he somewhat hits the nail on the head about what makes Superman special, which is his inherent understanding of right and wrong
laugh.gif

He makes a fantastic point in pointing out that it doesn't take for Clark's Uncle Ben to be killed in a preventable shooting or for his parents to be murdered in his childhood for him to understand that he should use his gifts to help people

Basically he's just a guy from Kansas who was raised to do the right thing. His power has nothing to do with it. Although in MoS and the original movies Jor-El sent him to Earth with the intention of helping humanity, I don't think he should be written that way
Agreed, but wasn't young Clark already helping people?

He saved the bus full of his classmates, saved the oil rig people, etc. He only really embraced and showed himself to the world after he learned about his heritage.

A lot of people dislike Max Landis, but he somewhat hits the nail on the head about what makes Superman special, which is his inherent understanding of right and wrong :lol:

MOS was clearly made by people who despise superman as a character and want to turn him into Batman-lite. :smh: :x

Last edited:
'Best superhero film in the last 5 years'

I highly doubt that :lol:

lol I'm sure his dude is just hyped. But some of these reviews are throwing it up there with Avengers and Dark Knight, so we'll see...if this can even get close to that first moment you see the Avengers assembled...

Just found out they got a Wednesday showing in Oakland [emoji]128076[/emoji]

Last edited:
looks like a post-credit scene is confirmed, I didn't want to spoil it so I am not digging too deep into it

Critics all thought ironman 3 was good too..

Friday is a work holiday for us, so hopefully the movie theater is open and I can catch it early Friday.. But only certain critics I really trust

If the movie has a midnight Thursday release hopefully someone in here is checking it out

Back
Top Bottom