DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

marvel fans so quick with their reviews 
mean.gif
Yea F those Marvel fanboys
eyes.gif
+1

clicked the first two "top critics" to see how they rated other movies

one rated hateful 8 as rotten and the other rated spotlight as rotten 
indifferent.gif

clicked the first two "top critics" to see how they rated other movies

one rated hateful 8 as rotten and the other rated spotlight as rotten 
indifferent.gif
When a highly anticipated movie comes out, the first few negative reviews get more shine.

laugh.gif

Maybe this will be like the reverse of reviews that are all praise. Maybe it's getting **** reviews early cuz it's actually good?

Lets see where we're at after 30 reviews or so :lol:

Rotten Tomatoes is the last place I would go to for reviews on comic book movies. Chances are, those guys have never picked up a comic book before so they can't appreciate these kinds of movies like a Batman or Superman fan would.e

On a serious note, I still don't understand how IM3 got glowing reviews.

And there's been movies I've liked that has been trashed all over by critics.

Given my history with DC movies though, this is very discouraging.

Maybe this will be like the reverse of reviews that are all praise. Maybe it's getting **** reviews early cuz it's actually good?

Lets see where we're at after 30 reviews or so :lol:

20 reviews so far. 5 good, 15 rotten.

Welp. Still looking forward to this but my expectations are definitely lowered. I did like MoS, so I hope this is at least better.

I think generally the old school critics are the ones who have the reputation to get into these early screenings 

Same reason Rotten Tamatoes is the last place I would go to for comic book movie reviews: those guys probably never picked up a comic book before. They're not basing their judgement on what they know about Iron Man or Tony Stark, they're basing it on the movie itself.

Honestly, though, I can't share the same sentiment with that RT crowd and many critics for the most part. I'll hear or read what they have to say, but I'm not going to let their voiced opinion generate my like or disdain for something until I see or experience it myself.

Idk what the critics being white and old have to do with anything. DC comics roots are crazy white washed, and crazy old.

Last edited:
Rotten Tomatoes is the last place I would go to for reviews on comic book movies. Chances are, those guys have never picked up a comic book before so they can't appreciate these kinds of movies like a Batman or Superman fan would.e
That a bit elitist.

A good movie is still a good movie. Same for a bad one.

Can't go making up exceptions for comic book movies.

Same reason Rotten Tamatoes is the last place I would go to for comic book movie reviews: those guys probably never picked up a comic book before. They're not basing their judgement on what they know about Iron Man or Tony Stark, they're basing it on the movie itself.
What's wrong with that? :lol:

Last edited:

That a bit elitist.

What did you think of Spotlight and hateful eight? Genuinely curious.

Idk what the critics being white and old have to do with anything. DC comics roots are crazy white washed, and crazy old.

That's why I said on another note. I would just like to see more diversity in the top critics (actually not even limited to just movies, food etc), different views. A lot of the time for any of the movies in general there'll be some pretentious criticism I never thought about or can't relate to. Not knocking RT either.

Last edited:
That a bit elitist.

I hated Iron Man 3 because I didn't like the direction they went with Tony Stark, Iron Man, and the Mandarin. Critics probably loved it cuz they loved the story it told.

I loved Dawn of Justice cuz I loved the way they portrayed The Trinity. Critics probably hated it cuz they didn't like the story they told.

That a bit elitist.

What did you think of Spotlight and hateful eight? Genuinely curious.
I'll be short and say I liked both. Loved The Hateful 8. Thought it got snubbed for the most part cuz for my money it was one of the best movies of 2015.

Spotlight was a strong movie and I got it right when I said it should and would win picture of the year.

Just cuz a movie rating site doesn't share your opinion on every movie doesn't mean you can just disregard it for what amounts to bias reasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom