DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

A good movie should still be a good movie regardless of whether the watcher is a comic book fan or not. If this movie is liked only by hardcore DC fans that's very bad.

Rotten Tomatoes is the last place I would go to for reviews on comic book movies. Chances are, those guys have never picked up a comic book before so they can't appreciate these kinds of movies like a Batman or Superman fan would.e
That a bit elitist.

A good movie is still a good movie. Same for a bad one.

Can't go making up exceptions for comic book movies.
What did you think of Spotlight and hateful eight? Genuinely curious.
Just cuz a movie rating site doesn't share your opinion on every movie doesn't mean you can just disregard it for what amounts to bias reasons.
This I agree with, but some of these BVS reviews are laughable.

As long as its improved over MOS, gets generally a positive vibe around it review wise, and sets up the universe, I'll be happy.

No surprise with the reviews. Snyder almost fooled everyone again with these trailers.

Nolan ain't walking through that door. :smokin

That a bit elitist.

I hated Iron Man 3 because I didn't like the direction they went with Tony Stark, Iron Man, and the Mandarin. Critics probably loved it cuz they loved the story it told.

I loved Dawn of Justice cuz I loved the way they portrayed The Trinity. Critics probably hated it cuz they didn't like the story they told.
I can understand Iron Man fans dislike of IM3 but I never got the sentiment that it was the worst Iron Man movie or worst cbm out.

End of the day, these are movies. So the story told is very important. Not just portrayals or directions for characters.
No surprise with the reviews. Snyder almost fooled everyone again with these trailers.

Nolan ain't walking through that door. :smokin
:lol:

Last edited:
That a bit elitist.

I hated Iron Man 3 because I didn't like the direction they went with Tony Stark, Iron Man, and the Mandarin. Critics probably loved it cuz they loved the story it told.

I loved Dawn of Justice cuz I loved the way they portrayed The Trinity. Critics probably hated it cuz they didn't like the story they told.
I can understand Iron Man fans dislike of IM3 but I never got the sentiment that it was the worst Iron Man movie or worst cbm out.

End of the day, these are movies. So the story told is very important. Not just portrayals or directions for characters.

IM3 was just absurd, it wasn't a good movie, putting doing the source justice or not aside.

Last edited:
@devincf 55m

But the movie itself is terrible, poorly made, dumb, and shockingly dull. Doomsday is trash. Lex stinks. The worst modern comic book film.

:rofl:

On a serious note, I still don't understand how IM3 got glowing reviews.

And there's been movies I've liked that has been trashed all over by critics.

Given my history with DC movies though, this is very discouraging.
Shane Black is a favorite of critics. And most reviews LOVED the Mandarin twist

Some of these reviews are just saddening the way they start off. Makes me not even want to read:

March 22, 2016
Not only is this a big let down in every sense, it makes you wonder if the rest of the DC Comics films will have the same fate.
If there's any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder's lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break.
This film has turned all of its great characters into perfunctory plot points, in the service of a plot that doesn't even work well.

:lol: :smh:

Yes they're by white guys (not all old) and a good deal of Hispanic guys but lets not pretend like comic book fans in America isn't dominated white boys.

And i don't think the worst reviews are gonna be out until tomorrow.

Didn't WB deny a lot of critics access to screenings?

I think RFX has it right and that this movie is just going to be divisive. People are either going to love it or hate it.

We'll see where I fall Thursday night :evil:

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] as long as this movie is better than fantastic 4, I will be thrilled.

That a bit elitist.

IM3 was just absurd, it wasn't a good movie, putting doing the source justice or not aside.
Absurd compared to what though?

I'll never get the hate for it really :lol: To me IM2 was the worse superhero flick.

Some of these reviews are just saddening the way they start off. Makes me not even want to read:

March 22, 2016
Not only is this a big let down in every sense, it makes you wonder if the rest of the DC Comics films will have the same fate.
If there's any justice, dawning or otherwise, at the multiplex, audiences will reject Zack Snyder's lumbering, dead-on-arrival superhero mélange, a $250 million tombstone for a genre in dire need of a break.
This film has turned all of its great characters into perfunctory plot points, in the service of a plot that doesn't even work well.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Yes they're by white guys (not all old) and a good deal of Hispanic guys but lets not pretend like comic book fans in America isn't dominated white boys.
reminds me of

It seems like this film has undone a lot of the "good work" Deadpool did for the genre for critics.

I've seen about 5 reviews basically say the want the genre to die now.

And i don't think the worst reviews are gonna be out until tomorrow.

Didn't WB deny a lot of critics access to screenings?

Yea, the outlets with heavy site traffic weren't invited, journalists from Hitflix and other outlets of that caliber were told that the junket-screening was at capacity.

I think RFX has it right and that this movie is just going to be divisive. People are either going to love it or hate it.

We'll see where I fall Thursday night :evil:
that's how all Snyder's films are though.

i don't think he's capable of making something universally liked post-300

All I'm saying is I'm not going to base my expectations on some snobby movie critic who doesn't know anything about Batman, Superman, or Iron Man. Their job is to review the movie itself; that's fine.

If it's from comicvine, newsarama, or IGN, that's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom