DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Now my question is

Batman now kills whats going to stop him from doing that to his villains? Why hasn't he already? Its going to be weird once he just ups and stops.

If Nolan was the one to make that decision it would have been praised and applauded for being "real" but since it's Snyder people are taking it like he just doesn't respect the source material :lol:

his reputation taints every decision he makes

From the GQ review
"Oh, and this Batman repeatedly shatters his "one rule", and kills willy-nilly while demonstrating a disturbing taste for sadistic mutilation"

what the ****?
I am all the way in :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I guess when you have an Universe where Superman killed a guy Batman has to cross that line too

That is definitely a reach, there was no mutilation at all. Bat-branding yes :lol:

It would have been nice if they somewhat explained why he does it though, like ti would be nice if they said he started killing once Robin died. I have a feeling this will be touched on the solo film but it definitely could have used it in this film.

These reviews have me wanting to watch the movie on Friday now instead of waiting until Monday.

Now my question is

Batman now kills whats going to stop him from doing that to his villains? Why hasn't he already? Its going to be weird once he just ups and stops.

Since this is a 20 year veteran Bats, we don't even really know who of his villains are still alive. That might be why this Batman is JL ready?

As I said before though, he does try to capture if he can, the only time he "kills" is when he kind of have to or in a rush. I don't want to make up excuses but it definitely feels like he does capture and brand his enemies if he can but if he kills, he has no qualms about it, it might not just be his first option.

If Suicide Squad is the same timeline as BvS, the Joker there might be alive because Bats couldn't kill him or he just feels killing him is a win for Joker.

Last edited:
Now my question is

Since this is a 20 year veteran Bats, we don't even really know who of his villains are still alive. That might be why this Batman is JL ready?

If Suicide Squad is the same timeline as BvS, the Joker there might be alive because Bats couldn't kill him or he just feels killing him is a win for Joker.

...very true.
Hmmmm... this is very interesting. I'm excited.

Now my question is

This furthers my point about doing a dark knight returns movies.. You don't need a ton of back story of batman and joker

But batman is done when he finally kills the joker.. And obviously you have all that built up history of the two

Now my question is

As I said before though, he does try to capture if he can, the only time he "kills" is when he kind of have to or in a rush. I don't want to make up excuses but it definitely feels like he does capture and brand his enemies if he can but if he kills, he has no qualms about it, it might not just be his first option.

I just tend to wonder why not cripple and paralyze villains?

Put the Joker in a wheelchair that also needs a feeding tube. Just pull out one vertebrae.

So many real options.
This is suprisingly the most detail-by-detail critical review i've seen so far

they really tear it down
Yeah, she goes in :lol:

Can someone answer this in a spoiler?

Does joker make an appearance or Is alluded to a lot ? Mentions of suicide squad?

Last edited:
To those who have seen it, do you think that the movie deserves these bad reviews? Do you understand the criticisms?

Last edited:
The movie isn't perfect and just like MoS I can see where people would not like it but I am also surprised that this might end up being ranked below MoS. Same way I am surprised Returns was liked more than MoS.

I do have a feeling that this might be one of those cases that the critics hate but general audience likes, low RT rating but good CinemaScore, which I do think does help with the emotional aspect of seeing Batman and Superman together on screen.

To those who have seen it, do you think that the movie deserves these bad reviews? Do you understand the criticisms?
Some I do, some I don't. The CBR review, I can understand completely.
The GQ, she was just looking for reasons to *****. :lol:

Critics just have it out for Snyder though.

Watchmen was a really underrated film, and all people could complain about was the movie's length and Dr. Manhattan's penis run time.

Last edited:
Critics killed a lot of classics..

Going assume I won't have to defend that one

All these spoilers i am reading already has me not loving Battfleck

Him killing??? Really?
Him wanting to assemble the JL.
being so uptight about Supes

Seems I will never get the Batman I want... From the cartoon or the game.

Will still give it a chance. but man. Disappointed with these reviews.

By the way, watching this movie made me realize how much I HATE Lois. Clark belongs with Diana. That's just my opinion.

A lot of the reviews I read makes it seems like the reviewers are disappointed in a lack of corny Avengers type of "humor". 90% of them are talking about how the movie is too serious :lol: I HATE Marvel movies because of all that stupid humor they put in there, but then again the movies are supposed to be appealing to people's inner kids, so I understand why they do it

Last edited:
I've read a couple reviews so far, that GQ one, yea she def. tried to find numerous reasons to bash on it.

And a couple others, like the IGN one ya'll posted, I do agree with.

But I digress...I'm still excited to watch this again.

Back
Top Bottom