DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

A lot of the reviews I read makes it seems like the reviewers are disappointed in a lack of corny Avengers type of "humor". 90% of them are talking about how the movie is too serious :lol: I HATE Marvel movies because of all that stupid humor they put in there

Both Batman and Superman has senses of humor. Sure its nothing like Marvel's joke a minute but its there.

Not reading any reviews, but for those who did and saw the movie do you think Suicide Squad will end up being better?

Snyder and Whedon both represent two different, drastic extremes when it comes to storytelling and because of that i don't think either dude should really be the runner of a cinematic universe

DC needs to find someone who can play closer to the middle a little more

Last edited:
If Grace Randolph likes/hates a comic book film that usually means other reviewers will have the opposite opinion. :lol:

She really likes this movie.

Now I want to see it Friday. No way WB/DC could mess this up that bad.

‏@netw3rk

If Dawn of Justice disappoints, the warning sign will have been the success of Deadpool. Zach Snyder will live or die on Gritty Hill .

i remembered seeing this and thing "Damn" :lol:

critically he seems to be 100% right.

If Grace Randolph likes/hates a comic book film that usually means other reviewers will have the opposite opinion. :lol:

She really likes this movie.

Now I want to see it Friday. No way WB/DC could mess this up that bad.

She does love it and compares Snyder to Kubrick and Hitchcock :rofl: Even I can't ride with that.

Her very detailed review:

Both Batman and Superman has senses of humor. Sure its nothing like Marvel's joke a minute but its there.

Got it, but I still think serious >stupid Marvel movie humor. I'm a completely casual viewer when it comes to comic book movies, so it's not like I have a bias towards one or the other, but Marvel movies get ruined for me by trying too hard to be funny instead of having natural/situational comedy. For example, that whole dance off ending in Guardians of the Galaxy, shawarma (or 99% of anything Tony Stark says) in Avengers, Deadpool making a joke literally every 30 seconds, etc. are just irritating to me.

Last edited:
The movie has a bit of humor, it is a humor like you see in Nolans film and there are a few lines where the audience cracks a smile.

Sadly there wasn't a chance for a friendly banter between the two and it does makes sense since they never really got a chance to besties yet.

People are setting themselves up for disappointment if they want Marvel humor in Batman movie. Batman is a very dark character.

Flash is the only that can provide humor in this universe I assume. Let Ezra take every drug.

Last edited:
Got it, but I still think serious >stupid Marvel movie humor. I'm a completely casual viewer when it comes to comic book movies, so it's not like I have a bias towards one or the other, but Marvel movies get ruined for me by trying too hard to be funny instead of having natural/situational comedy. For example, that whole dance off ending in Guardians of the Galaxy, shawarma (or 99% of anything Tony Stark says) in Avengers, Deadpool making a joke literally every 30 seconds, etc. are just irritating to me.
Are you sure you wanted to go see Deadpool? No way you expected serious out of that instead of stupid humor...

Are you sure you wanted to go see Deadpool? No way you expected serious out of that instead of stupid humor...

I didn't, I watched an "unofficial" copy at my friend's house last month. But I do think I would have liked it a lot better if he wasn't making dumb jokes in EVERY scene, because other than that I didn't think it was a bad movie.

Last edited:
Agree, Batman should be a dark character. That's kinda why I wish this version of Superman was livelier and not a stiff.

I didn't, I watched an "unofficial" copy at my friend's house last month. But I do think I would have liked it a lot better if he wasn't making dumb jokes in EVERY scene, because other than that I didn't think it was a bad movie.

Deadpool is literally a joke of a character man :lol: his entire purpose is to be the vehicle for fourth-wall breaking humor

Last edited:
Deadpool was made to be a parody of Deathstroke. Of course he's going to be a joke. :lol:

I have zero comic book knowledge; like I said I'm just a casual viewer when it comes to these type of movies, and Nolan's Batman style movies are the only comic book movies I like just because they're not "goofy" :lol: And it's not like I'm against comic book heroes being actually funny; it's just that the Marvel style jokes/comedy are so CORNY

Last edited:
Agree, Batman should be a dark character. That's kinda why I wish this version of Superman was livelier and not a stiff.
i'm not a DC comics reader or anything but Superman to me was always meant to be a symbol of hope.

that version of Superman juxtaposed with this Dark Batman makes a much better conflict. The ****** up making Superman a brooding figure too imo

I agree to a certain extent.

I think Winter Soldier did an excellent job at conveying serious tone with some added humor.
Only thing i hated was Cap taking out thugs and BW trying to hook him up.

AOU i feel did a good job as well. Unlike others i get tired of Tony humor. Almost every line he has to put in a joke. Feel like Im going to like his serious version in CW.

Deadpool I loved... Except for the really forced bit about him drawing Francis and asking people have you seen him. Cringeworthy

With this film I don't know, because i haven't seen it. I would of liked if they gave him some personality. Something like Tom welling in Smallville... Not this series version where he just goes up to billionaire Bruce and starts acting like a serious reporter.

Also sucks that this film was done filming like two years ago. They should of worked really hard to make this perfect, since it was setting he tone for the rest of their universe.

Who's movie is next besides SS?

Back
Top Bottom