DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

The thesis of both these films seems to be that superheroism is inherently flawed and destructive to society so it's kind of weird to use that as a launching point for introducing more superheros and having them team up.

The logical step would be in JL the team saves the planet, galaxy, universe idk from a grave threat and all of a sudden people love them but.... ehhh i don't think this is the right guy to handle that.

He's talking about audience reviews which amounts to like a post on NT saying if you liked it or not with a star rating out of 5 ( :rolleyes out of 8 is superior)

If you click on the popcorn it shows you there have so far been over 1300 audience reviews posted. Which is obviously not the same as the reviews from critics.

i think this movie never stood a chance with the pro marvel and dc hating people out there

why yall dont let my main man superman live? its not his fault hes the perfect wholesome superhero...

nobody ever gonna love supes until his costume is all black and he acts like a douche lol

you seem to be cool with spoilers so i can tell you that the wholesomeness of superman isn't the reason people don't like him

first thing he does in the film is kill a dude.

Unless RT mobile and desktop are two completely different sites I'm counting 1300 audience reviews

I think I'm confusing yall and yall are confusing me :lol:

Last edited:
i think this movie never stood a chance with the pro marvel and dc hating people out there

why yall dont let my main man superman live? its not his fault hes the perfect wholesome superhero...

nobody ever gonna love supes until his costume is all black and he acts like a douche lol
Eh, half of that was him in MOS.

Plus I'd hardly call Supes wholesome or perfect in this new incarnation.

It's interesting though cuz the majority of the critics did not like this so that'd mean you're saying professional movie critics are pro Marvel and/or DC haters despite some saying they wanted to like the movie.

Unless RT mobile and desktop are two completely different sites I'm counting 1300 audience reviews
There's over 1300 audience reviews with over 120k audience ratings. So only 1300 bothered to post a review but 120k rated it is what I'm understanding.

Last edited:
There are reviewers who gave MoS A ratings that are being called out for being on Disney's payroll for not liking this film.

People who are employed by WB subsidiaries being called Marvel junkies for not liking this film.

i've never seen something like this before :lol:

if anything, this should kill the whole "studios pay off critics" narrative because WB owns RT and could of done some shady **** pretty easily

Last edited:

wait, this film have over 100k audience reviews ?

**** ain't even out yet
laugh.gif
....where are you getting 100k from
laugh.gif

To me, this really all that matters:
120k now

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice/
this is why i stick to critic reviews

you dont need to watch the movie to vote on it, this is actually a case of fanboys being fanboys 

Liked this review because you can tell he came in very optimistic :lol:

Doesn't do any pointless bashing or cheap shots that i see in A LOT of the reviews.

For tomorrow's viewing, I am going to keep myself entertained by tallying how often we see Supes do the stank face.

It's a 2.5 long movie, so I'm betting 50 times

Last edited:
I think this movie would have had a tough time being great  from the get-go.

Snyder is a divisive director. Many don't like his style or approach to this story and considering how he handled Superman in Man of Steel, he likely didn't win over anyone who was on the fence about him. While Terrio re-writing/fixing/improving the script was a positive addition.. many were concerned about the screenplay and story.. in addition  to Snyder's visual style and storytelling techniques.

So you have that to worry about already. Bringing back Snyder to another movie.. this time you're adding Batman. Okay, we don't need the whole Batman origins again, make him older, more cynical, a lot of us like that.  But you're adding that to the mix... then  you add Lex Luthor.. a villain who deservevs and warrants plenty of time on screen. 

THEN  you cast Eisenberg. I was holding out hope and giving them the benefit of the doubt. I think he's a capable actor, I don't know if liked having a younger Lex, but oh well whatever, let's see. Then the trailers come out, and we see how he's going to portray him and again.. didn't win over any fans who had their doubts. 

THEN  you want to set up Justice League too? So you have Snyder returning, adding Batman, adding Luther, and you want this to establish your Cinematic Universe. That's a tall task even for an elite director, screenwriter, and production team (which we didn't have).. so again, not a lot of faith going into this. I like Terrio, but I don't know how much he was able to change/re-write

I think there's plenty of people who were hoping and expecting this movie to be awful, my hope was the big issues would have been overblown and the casting choices, screenplay, and action, would all deliver and be top notch. People would complain about all the little things like they always do, but that's to be expected. But seeing the reviews that the structure and story are a mess, that it's overstuffed, and the dialogue and plot are weak points.. well that's just all of our original concerns right there.

People are always too over the top with their responses and this one was particularly divisive from the jump. I hope it's at least a movie I can enjoy, appreciate the good parts, and the weaknesses don't ruin the overall movie.

Last edited:
No matter what happens, I am fully convinced that I am not going to like the Eisenberg casting. At all. He would have to be no less than impeccable for me to change my mind.

Crazy how people care about RT :lol:

Before the movie: I don't care about what critics have to say

After movie comes out: Man **** RT. How can they give this movie 90% but this only got such and such.

Make up your minds people, either RT matters or it doesnt.

The bad reviews are hilarious though. Good entertainment before people actually get to see the movie.

Crazy how people care about RT :lol:

Before the movie: I don't care about what critics have to say

After movie comes out: Man **** RT. How can they give this movie 90% but this only got such and such.

Make up your minds people, either RT matters or it doesnt.
:lol:

Aint it true.

Anyway,

@ over 100 critic reviews and it now at 35% I don't expect that to suddenly rise past 50% after 300 critic reviews.

What's left is Sunday/Monday when all you guys have seen the movie and start arguing.

Last edited:

Liked this review because you can tell he came in very optimistic :lol:

Doesn't do any pointless bashing or cheap shots that i see in A LOT of the reviews.

Welp, I always respect this kids reviews, he's usually very unbiased...guess we all saw this coming, once the "wow" effect wears out this movie is gonna end up being trash...I'm glad Ben delivered tho...Snyder is not the savior DC needs, dude is an artist, not a writer...he can paint you a beautiful picture, but can't write you a 2 page essay....best way I can describe dude.

Back
Top Bottom