DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

how are dc comics animated movies so good tho? :smokin

Cause it's its own department and no one bothers them???

The more money a studio gives the more they want to meddle. They probably need a Feige or someone in love with DC like a Kevin Smith but not Kevin Smith if you understand what I mean

It's funny how DC's animated and TV department appear to be better organized. Perhaps the answer to making their movies better liked is within :nerd:

Are they too proud to corroborate with TV and cartoon ppl :nerd:

Not even as consultants?

Last edited:
Batman Begins >>>>> The Dark Knight.

I actually hated The Dark Knight Rises.

Yes. They need a Kevin Smith but not THE Kevin Smith
laugh.gif

Snyder comes across as a HUGE DC Comics fan and his directorial strengths are appreciated, but his storytelling and concept of narrative structure leaves a lot to be desired if posts here and the other reviews are to be believed.

I was hoping Terio would fix that but nah.

I don't mind Snyder, but there needs to be someone to "balance him out", so to speak. Like some ice for the gin.

Yeah I like Kevin Smith and he loves DC and comics in general but I wouldn't let him steer the ship. Maybe he could be apart of a committee but not the main guy

Yes. They need a Kevin Smith but not THE Kevin Smith :lol:

Snyder comes across as a HUGE DC Comics fan and his directorial strengths are appreciated, but his storytelling and concept of narrative structure leaves a lot to be desired if posts here and the other reviews are to be believed.

I was hoping Terio would fix that but nah.

I don't mind Snyder, but there needs to be someone to "balance him out", so to speak. Like some ice for the gin.

well put

As long as it doesnt suck as IM3 then we good, b.

Cant wait for tomorrow. No spoiler alert here. Its your fault for coming into this thread after tomorrow

Actually no.. DC put all their chips in with this one

IM3 was just another movie for marvel.. If that didn't work they had other movies in the pipeline.. Age of ultron on the way.. Thanos eventually

They made hits out of antman man and guardians of the flippin Galaxy

Fox is screwing up f4 every couple of years and can't get xmen right.. DC is getting desperate and throwing great storylines away to build a JL universe, which is clearly over thinking

If you have batman, superman, wonderwoman and to a lesser extent flash and green lantern, those movies should sell themselves.. Look at nolan's minimal advertising for his batman movies

Majority of the directors rfx posted that Nolan went to about MOS, not one of them I would be overly eager to see tell a superman story

Would love to see most of guys tell some batman stories.. But I don't see anything in their work that would make me say they would capture the true spirit of superman

But then again, Nolan made the greatest comic book movie to date in TDK.. I wouldn't want Nolan to tell a superman story either

IM3 was just another movie for marvel.. If that didn't work they had other movies in the pipeline.. Age of ultron on the way.. Thanos eventually

Fox is screwing up f4 every couple of years and can't get xmen right.. DC is getting desperate and throwing great storylines away to build a JL universe, which is clearly over thinking

If you have batman, superman, wonderwoman and to a lesser extent flash and green lantern, those movies should sell themselves.. Look at nolan's minimal advertising for his batman movies
One of the major praises of the movie though is the fact that it does a fantastic job of setting up the wider universe and piques interest in future installments, even if BvS falls short in some eyes

Last edited:
Batman Begins is easily my favorite though Ledger's performance really was that good and probably makes it a slightly better film.

But if TDK is the GOAT, BB ain't far from it.

I mean as a viewer. Personally, as long as i enjoy it then im good. I know what you mean about this movie being their " trump card " to say the least but thats not what im referring to anyway

Critics can say what they want. As long as DC/WB makes their money and the audience likes it, that's what matters at the end of the day.

They're going along with their plan.

I just hope they take a good long look at the original intentions for JL and make some major tweaks. Snyder could make JL work but his creative vision needs some serious tempering and refinement.

Last edited:
Like my biggest grip with fox can also be applied here..

They have fassbender, why not do a straight up movie with him as the X men's primary foe after first class.. Have Lawrence and his new band of mutants get him out and let him loose as the bad guy for a whole film

Then you do the other big bads.. THEN you do a age of apocalyse movie.. THEN a Phoenix saga.. THEN DOFP

I mean you're 7-8 films deep before you get to to the last movie and the upcoming one

I was so disappointed in TDKR. There were good moments, but overall the movie was just a mess.

BB was solid. Kind of an afterthought for me not, though. There were so many changes with the city between Begins and TDK.

Back
Top Bottom