DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

James Wan on how much control Snyder has on the Aquaman film:

"Well, I think the story that I would like to tell is still at the end of the day my story. And that’s what’s cool with Zack, is that he’s actually very respectful of that. He’s actually helping me out in some ways with certain things that he’s doing with his [films] so that I can have better groundwork with the standalone Aquaman story."
That's actually good to hear.

I still don't think it's the universe, it's the film.
Well when I say 'universe' I moreso mean who is leading the charge with this thing or the JL franchise in general.

I agree it was the movie, but I feel like some of these issues are liable to be recurring if you keep the same guys doing the same thing.

the second trailer kinda had me like "lets get this Batman v Superman fight over with cuz we know they're gonna settle their differences 
eyes.gif
​"

other than that, I will say, the Superman death had me kinda shook for the remainder of the film... that was probably one of the few standouts of the movie for me

Under The Red Hood was ultra bromance  
laugh.gif
 ... DC characters not smashing like Marvel's heroes and villains.

DC characters are always with the "bros".

Last edited:
I'm actually not so concerned by that 55% drop off on Easter. Sunday's typically aren't big movie days. I don't really think that a major indicator of anything at this point.

* Really worth noting: my understanding is that in the original Goyer draft or outline it was revealed that Brainiac was pulling the strings behind Lex, and he was the one who gave Batman visions. The reveal would set up the Justice League to battle Brainiac in Justice League 1, with Darkseid in the wings for Justice League 2. The Chris Terrio production draft dropped all the Brainiac/vision stuff... and then it ended up in the movie anyway, but without much explanation, like scenes were cut and pasted from one script to another without changing the context of any other scene.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/28/theres-already-a-bvs-deleted-scene-online

Last edited:
From a fan of movies this was a terrible movie. There's absolutely no story. I have no idea what any character's motivations are. It's edited about as poorly as a movie could be. I was highly let down. I'm not deep in the comics but was Metropolis and Gotham always sister cities, yet that's never been made reference in any of the movies at all ever. I mean if that's the case in Dark Knight Rises did Batman fly the nuke towards Metropolis at the end and blow it up towards that city. I mean what? The mothers have the same names was just a way to make them homies. WTF? Lex was so overacted and cringe worthy. I felt like Jesse was trying to do his best Heath Ledger Joker impersonation that wasn't even necessary. That's not how Lex's character is. There was just so much wrong with the movie it's baffling. WW was the shining bright spot. I liked her character had she was really sexy in a tough way. That was great casting.

As someone said in here before Batman was all mad that Superman destroyed the city but had no problem destroying his city with the batmobile and leveling buildings fighting Superman. I mean every time they made one statement in the movie they would instantly contradict it. Also the dialog was so wooden for so many characters. I'm one of the naysayers I know, but this was a bad movie. We have so many excellent comic book movies out now that I can't be swayed into thinking a movie is good because it has Batman and Superman in it and looks pretty. A bad movie is a bad movie and this was a bad movie.

AND FOR F**K'S SAKE WE DON'T NEED BATMAN'S ORIGIN STORY ANYMORE. WE GET IT!

Back
Top Bottom