DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Marvel films are like the San Antonio Spurs and/or New England Patriots. Almost always top quality, solid, and well put together. When you go to a Patriots or Spurs game you're going to get your monies worth (unless Pop sits the starters, then you get Iron Man 3).

DC films are like the Los Angeles Clippers and/or Cincinnati Bengals. Decent teams that are usually there at the end, but come up short. When they're good, they're good... but more often than not, they let you down.

Marvel films are like the San Antonio Spurs and/or New England Patriots. Almost always top quality, solid, and well put together. When you go to a Patriots or Spurs game you're going to get your monies worth (unless Pop sits the starters, then you get Iron Man 3).

DC films are like the Los Angeles Clippers and/or Cincinnati Bengals. Decent teams that are usually there at the end, but come up short. When they're good, they're good... but more often than not, they let you down.

These sports comparisons are on point.

Solid cross forum comparison.

I do watch Gotham though. Tonight should be good.

roll.gif
come on Arrow season 1 and for sure 2 was fire....but it does kinda suck now.
I'm behind on Gotham, but it's fire though.

Yeah, I'm mostly upset because season 1 and 2 of the Arrow was so 
pimp.gif
, even 3 had its moments. But now?  The show is seriously slippin'...

TDK is like a championship for DC though, Clips has none. Superman I and II were widely accepted and loved along with Burtons Batman and Batman Returns. None of those were let downs when they released, hell Marvel isn't even an NBA team yet during those times.

TDK is like a championship for DC though, Clips has none. Superman I and II were widely accepted and loved along with Burtons Batman and Batman Returns. None of those were let downs when they released, hell Marvel isn't even an NBA team yet during those times.

So DC is more like the Detroit Pistons / Dallas Cowboys then? Good in the 80s/90s and had a solid run in the mid 2000s but are now behind the rest of the league (and in the Cowboys case, not meeting expectations)?

To be fair though, that article is from Faraci, the most well known DC hater in comic book forums, even Marvel fan acknowledges it iirc :lol:

I probably trust him less than Mayimbe.
He's probably been the most reliable "inside" source on BvS stuff since it was announced.

He's also on record for defending MoS being a good movie.

Also Begins is great, and TDKR is also solid as well...

To be fair though, that article is from Faraci, the most well known DC hater in comic book forums, even Marvel fan acknowledges it iirc :lol:

I probably trust him less than Mayimbe.
He's probably been the most reliable "inside" source on BvS stuff since it was announced.

He's also on record for defending MoS being a good movie.

Mayimbe or Faraci? Because I didstinctly remember Faraci hating MoS.

But in terms of scoops, I just don't trust Mayimbe, he's been called out way too many times on being wrong already. :lol:

You really comparing DC to the clippers/Bengals? Come on brah! TDK is the GOAT. Marvel has yet to reach that pantheon

Would you guys recommend this movie? 

I saw it over the weekend, it's decent - a solid 3 or 3.5/5 movie. I don't know what film critics were expecting by giving it 30%. It's a super hero/fantasy film not a cerebral or grandiose type film worthy of Oscars. For what it's worth it was actually better than Thor 2 or Iron Man 2 & 3 in my honest opinion.

Just watch it and form your own opinion.

So DC is more like the Detroit Pistons / Dallas Cowboys then? Good in the 80s/90s and had a solid run in the mid 2000s but are now behind the rest of the league (and in the Cowboys case, not meeting expectations)?

I'm not much into football so those analogies don't work for me.

But if I were to pick an NBA team, I guess the Celtics? Bunch of chips back then but not much lately, the most recent chip with KG, Allen and Pierce would be the Nolans trilogy but not much else after that. Franchise has a bright spot for the future but still unknown how far they could take it?

A possibility is maybe they already did Pre-Res and other earlier pre-production stuff for the visions and when Terrio cut it out they had to remind him that they've already spent a lot of money on it.

I remember during the JJ & Kaisdan TFA discussion JJ touched on how they had to work around certain sequences when rewriting the film because Pre-Res was already underway

Marvel definitely has some duds. Are we considering spiderman and wolverine orgins as marvel movies and not Sony films?

A possibility is maybe they already did Pre-Res and other earlier pre-production stuff for the visions and when Terrio cut it out they had to remind him that they've already spent a lot of money on it.

I remember during the JJ & Kaisdan TFA discussion JJ touched on how they had to work around certain sequences when rewriting the film because Pre-Res was already underway

If this is the case, then giving Terrio the opportunity to start from scratch is a good thing

Back
Top Bottom