michaelturner-8.jpg

submariner01pg00.jpg
MARVEL_NEW_THOR_BY_TURNER_PX_BLACK_T-SHIRT_S.jpg

incredhulk_cvr_100green-solicit.jpg
Print_DC-SupermanBatman09.jpg

It's understandable on the Hulk though.

still don't beat this one
livestock%7Ecaptain.jpg

Holy !%$$ I forgot about Rob Liefield's work.
eek.gif
roll.gif

That chest is way out of proportion
laugh.gif
. Hell, the whole body is justskewed.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

i really can't see the difference with those two
nerd.gif

The arm is a big give-away. The perspective on Turner's Bats right arm is non-existant.
The chest, the neck, bicep, forearm and hand itself it all out of proportion.

Jim Lee's on the other hand all works together.
Again, I like Turner's own style but you have to notice these things to truly appreciate it.
Turner's work could sometimes match-up against Dragonball characters and I think we all know those are some of the most disproportionate drawn characters out there.

Plus who says Superheroes has to be drawn all brolic? Check out the artists Falcon has posted, their not as brolic.
Check out Alex Ross's art, it is one of the best out there and it is in no way Brolic at all.
That is why some people has trouble seeing comic book movie characters, it is almost impossible to make them look right without using cgi.
eek.gif
holy crap! i never even noticed that!
laugh.gif
you're right about the chest, the neck, bicep, forearm and hand stuff but c'mon they both look like they have supergirls waist...not just turners
laugh.gif

EDIT: after further review i have realized that jim does the same thing, his bicep, and forearm looks about half the size of his chest
laugh.gif
and i also noticed his thighs..........those things are HUGE
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

i really can't see the difference with those two
nerd.gif

The arm is a big give-away. The perspective on Turner's Bats right arm is non-existant.
The chest, the neck, bicep, forearm and hand itself it all out of proportion.

Jim Lee's on the other hand all works together.
Again, I like Turner's own style but you have to notice these things to truly appreciate it.
Turner's work could sometimes match-up against Dragonball characters and I think we all know those are some of the most disproportionate drawn characters out there.

Plus who says Superheroes has to be drawn all brolic? Check out the artists Falcon has posted, their not as brolic.
Check out Alex Ross's art, it is one of the best out there and it is in no way Brolic at all.
That is why some people has trouble seeing comic book movie characters, it is almost impossible to make them look right without using cgi.
eek.gif
holy crap! i never even noticed that!
laugh.gif
you're right about the chest, the neck, bicep, forearm and hand stuff but c'mon they both look like they have supergirls waist...not just turners
laugh.gif

True but noticed I never said waist. However, if you look the transition from the chest to torso to the legs, Jim Lee's is much better proportionedcompared to Turners. You can tell Jim Lee's Bats has ribs while Turners Bats looks like he doesnt. I think it is also because Jim Lee utilizes shading muchbetter on his characters so it is more impliead muscles instead of lines all over the place.
after further review i have realized that jim does the same thing, his bicep, and forearm looks about half the size of his chest
laugh.gif
and i also noticed his thighs..........those things are HUGE
laugh.gif

Nah, Jim Lee's Bicep is much more understated than Turner's. Turner's Bats looks like he is already flewing that emphasizes it more, when hereally isn't. The thigh is fine, check out your own thigh and you can see that even if you are real skinny, the thigh is pretty damn huge compared to theother parts of the human body.
Check out the perspective of the right arm as well, it is supposed to be closer to the viewer so the hand itself has to be bigger yet it is the same size asthe other one which is further back. Check out the perspective in Lee's Batsy once again:
batman-poster-608.jpg

Lee just has it mastered.

well........i did say that jim lee's batman was the best(imo) and i know you didn't mention the waist.........but you were thinking it
tongue.gif
after what john had said
also all the other pics that you posted seem about right
so jim lee batman > turner's batman

Actually, I already have that in mind before John said it, and yes I know I didn't mention is because the torso is more of a concern since the waist iscovered by the utility belt.
The waist is similar but the transition and how they draw the torso is what makes the difference. Lee's isn't just flat out a six pack unlikeTurner's, there actually a dimension and slope fromt he chest.
I agree though, Jim Lee's Bats is one of the best out there, but I am biased as Jim Lee and Alex Ross are my two favorite artists.

I loved it that Alex Ross drew the opening credits to SM2.

As a bonus...
Alex Ross x Jim Lee
LegendaryHeroes.jpg

eek.gif
laugh.gif
and here i thought i paid attention to detail....
smh.gif
but you, you literally have this down to a science
wink.gif
kudos man you deserve it
also
eek.gif
i didn't know jim and alex did cover together, that pic issick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
let me guess...alex did bats and jim did superman?

I used to minor in Art so I kind of know most of the things when it comes to drawing, anime, comic, etc...

Actually, Jim Lee did both Supes and Bats and Alex Ross colored it. I had a wallpaper size of that pis but it is on my hard-drive.
Alex Ross's Bats and Supes looks like these:
SMBM_GSET_TPB.jpg

One of my favorites from Alex Ross, Old Supes and Old Capt:
AlexRoss-Superman-CaptainAmerica.jpg

Supes and Spidey:
2253831302_67904ef023_o.jpg

X-Men:
alex-ross-500-cover.jpg

The sinister Joker:
tangowithevilxh3.jpg

Originally Posted by DakMode

sorry dude, dont get ur super panties in a twist
wooooooo....don't get a heart attack now little guy

And as for Spidermachine916, if you think Hulk is better than Superman, just think about this....Clark Kent would have break Bruce Banner's neckbefore he even gets angry so where's your Hulk now huh??

Originally Posted by AJ23ToKB24

And as for Spidermachine916, if you think Hulk is better than Superman, just think about this....Clark Kent would have break Bruce Banner's neck before he even gets angry so where's your Hulk now huh??
Pretty stupid comment. If you're talking a fight it must already be assumed that the Hulk is the Hulk
laugh.gif
I mean seriously if Batman, a human is smart enough to defeat/get the upperhand on Supes I'm sure Bruce can; dudes one of the smartest ppl in Marvel.

And as for Spidermachine916, if you think Hulk is better than Superman, just think about this....Clark Kent would have break Bruce Banner's neck before he even gets angry so where's your Hulk now huh??
that is very true.... but like i said......superman doesn't have the drive to do it........he won't snap a humans neck
tongue.gif

that's why i say hulk will beat super man
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Pretty stupid comment. If you're talking a fight it must already be assumed that the Hulk is the Hulk
laugh.gif
so are you Spidermachine916's boyfriend?? are you his "hero"??

One way or another, Superman/Clark Kent owns Hulk/Bruce Banner.

Originally Posted by john23friend85

he won't snap a humans neck
tongue.gif
Wonder Woman will if Supes can't
roll.gif
roll.gif
but still......there won't be a need to call in supesif there is no hulk destroying the place
tongue.gif

EDIT: o and to the person that says wonder woman can beat hulk
laugh.gif
tactics pshhh
grin.gif
when it all comes down to it.......they'll both end up having to hit eachother at full strength
EDIT: well it 2 o clock in the morning here so i bid you all adieu
wink.gif

ok lets talk movies........i'll try to remember what marvel has:

Marvel:
spiderman 1 2 3
X men 1 2 3
Fantastic Four 1 2
Hulk
Reboot Hulk
Punisher
Reboot Punisher
Ghostrider
Daredevil
Elektra
Iron Man
.........i guess i can add Wolverine
I wanna mention Nick Fury: agent of SHIELD and Captain America........but don't know if marvel had any say in those
ohwell.gif

Now for DC (i know i'm going to leave movies out....just add if i forget any
tongue.gif
)
Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
TDK
Superman 1 2 3 and 4?
nerd.gif

Superman Returns
Watchmen
.........that's it that's all i can remember.

in my opinion: just the way that marvel has been treating their characters in movies...........i got to say DC>Marvel
ohwell.gif
they just didn't give respect to their own characters.
smh.gif
with the exception of Reboot Hulk/Punisher, and Iron Man
i'm a spidey fan and i personally hated 1 and 3 2 was just ehhh, xmen 123 was just garbage. ghostrider, elektra,and daredevil.......trash FF1>FF2 and from the spoilers that i heard about wolverine.........seems it's going to dissapoint as well
eyes.gif

now the only good ones DC put out was Tim Burtons Batman and Christopher Nolans Batman 1 and 2
pimp.gif
, superman.....i don't know about the rest of yall but i'm pretty muchsick of Lex Luthor....... i wanna see Doomsday
mad.gif
. I've seen watchmen, from what ihear they basically ripped the pages out of the comic and turned it into a movie
pimp.gif
(with the exception of the ending....or course) that's where marvel fails....but nonetheless i'm not a fan so i was like "it'sok" but it was appreciated.

So i'll say it again just to be clear, DC>Marvel

You also forgot for DC:
V for Vendetta
Constantine
Stardust
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (I think it's best we forget this one)
Road to Perdition
The Spirit
Steel
Catwoman

In addition to the DC movie titles:

Steel
sick.gif

Catwoman
alien.gif

roll.gif

DC does have it's negatives for movies though but we got it on lock when it comes to animated movies.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom