DC vs. Marvel

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

I think Marvel and DC took a huge L when they lost Michael Turner (RIP) he was such a great artist/penciller...loved his work on the variant cover artwork on Civil War; and on Superman/Batman
pimp.gif

Yeah, he's my favorite artist.

I went to a comic con to get a some stuff signed by him, but didn't know there was a limit in the line (which was like 20 people) so I missed it and hedied like 2 or 3 months later.

I got stuff signed by him, but it would've just been better to get it singed by him myself.

From what I heard was a really chill guy too.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

I never liked Turner's art; it was always far too stylized for me. I'd have to say Cliff Chiang is my favorite new artist.
1554087814_4ee7cd7e7f.jpg
is this turners or cliffs?
nerd.gif
Obviously Cliffs. Turner's style always have his characters on steroids.

yeah...you're right..... who wouldn't want to see a see a pic of their fav hero not ripped
eyes.gif
/ no muscles. hence, superhero
tongue.gif

Turner's art style definitely has some Anime inspirations with the overly huge muscle's, looking like Goku charging up all the time.
laugh.gif

He is probably one of the worst artist when it comes to body proportions though.
I still like his style though, he jsut makes Supes and Bats look bad a**.

Originally Posted by CherryRed

I think Marvel and DC took a huge L when they lost Michael Turner (RIP) he was such a great artist/penciller...loved his work on the variant cover artwork on Civil War; and on Superman/Batman
pimp.gif

Yeah, he's my favorite artist.

I went to a comic con to get a some stuff signed by him, but didn't know there was a limit in the line (which was like 20 people) so I missed it and he died like 2 or 3 months later.

I got stuff signed by him, but it would've just been better to get it singed by him myself.

From what I heard was a really chill guy too.
tell me about it.........i went and bought all 7 of his variants of CW 2/7 were already signed so i was like "coo, i'll just wait tilsdcc and get them signed by him" then june comes around and bam...
smh.gif
i hearthe news... now i got to go and buy the others already signed FML...some are mad expensive!
also are you referring to 08 comic con
nerd.gif
? he died in june
wink.gif
(RIP)

He's a human detective. No superpowers at all. Which is why he is hands down the best. A mere mortal who makes Gods piss their pants.

Nah, they're defined not overly done in terms of size though.

Have you ever seen a pro swimmeror runner that wasn't well defined?lol

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by CherryRed

I don't think MT over does muscles.

292vinr.jpg
happy.gif
dude...seriously.....i was just about to post this to prove a point
laugh.gif
Yeah, thats one picture out of several ripped drawings posted.
laugh.gif
wait.......so what..... how do you want your fav heroes drawn? NOT ripped?
eyes.gif

It's more than just being ripped, it is also about proportion.
You can't say this Batman is very well proportioned now, compared to Jim Lee's?
turner_batman_b.jpg
dcd111204batmanposter.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

It's more than just being ripped, it is also about proportion.
You can't say this Batman is very well proportioned now, compared to Jim Lee's?
turner_batman_b.jpg
dcd111204batmanposter.jpg
RFX45 said it best. IMO, I respect what Turner does but it just doesn't do it for me.

Spidermachine916, you a funny dude. Who doesn't want to see their favorite character ripped? But damn man, Turner's style is
sick.gif

i really can't see the difference with those two
nerd.gif

The arm is a big give-away. The perspective on Turner's Bats right arm is non-existant.
The chest, the neck, bicep, forearm and hand itself it all out of proportion.

Jim Lee's on the other hand all works together.
Again, I like Turner's own style but you have to notice these things to truly appreciate it.
Turner's work could sometimes match-up against Dragonball characters and I think we all know those are some of the most disproportionate drawn charactersout there.

Plus who says Superheroes has to be drawn all brolic? Check out the artists Falcon has posted, their not as brolic.
Check out Alex Ross's art, it is one of the best out there and it is in no way Brolic at all.
That is why some people has trouble seeing comic book movie characters, it is almost impossible to make them look right without using cgi.

Back
Top Bottom