DC vs. Marvel

Can't forget Sean Phillips who worked on characters such as Judge Dredd & the awsome Devlin Waugh -Swimming in blood -one of my favourite peices ofartwork ever!

eek.gif
smh.gif
at mefor forgetting alex ross... anything he draws is a masterpiece... he truly brings out the realism in his work.

Alex Ross is on a league of his own.
Him and Jim Lee are definitely my favorites.
I can't wait til DC Universe Online comes out.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Batman-Long Halloween
Batman-Dark Victory
Batman- Death In the Family
Batman-Year One
The Killing Joke
All Star Superman Vo1. and Vol. 2

Batman- No Man's Land

I would even go on a stretch and say that the Batwoman arc starting up in June in detective Comics might turn a few heads. Kathy Kane is gonna be a prominant character in comics that happens to be Lesbian... And also Batgirl is coming back as well...Rumor has it that its gonna be either the girl that was originally Spoiler, or maybe even BARBARA GORDON...that would RULE ALL....
Barbara Gordon coming back as Batgirl, are you serious? Her spine is out, isn't it? She is now the Oracle, so I doubt she'll become Batgirl again. We already have Cassandra Cain as the new Batgirl and she is already piff.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

I think Marvel and DC took a huge L when they lost Michael Turner (RIP) he was such a great artist/penciller...loved his work on the variant cover artwork on Civil War; and on Superman/Batman
pimp.gif

also got to give it up to Steve McNivin he's also one of the best artists Marvel has.
And last but definitely not the least... i think hands down JIM LEE is one of DC's best artist.......he does the BEST Batman.(he also did a few marvel covers....but his true [imo]calling is on Batman)
smokin.gif

also, forgot one other
indifferent.gif
.....Todd Mcfarlane
wink.gif
not sure if he does both but he definitely changed the game for Spiderman
pimp.gif
Michael Turner ain't seeing Todd McFarlane in his prime (late 80s, early 90s). He definitely changed the game on Spider-Man, and co-created Venom. SMH @ Marvel not giving Todd any extra money for his extroadinary work behind Spider-Man. Thats why dude left with a lot of other brilliant artists and formed Image Comics.

Todd introduced the excessive webbing around Spider-Man and the big huge eyes.
012.jpg
Crazier things have happened than a person supposedly paralyzed in comics being able to walk again...Remember the lazarus pits exit is alwaysavailable in case they need an out..Im just telling you some of the ideas the editors have been toying with...The fans want Babs back... And after battle ofthe cowl its been confirmed cassandra will no longer be batgirl...Im not pulling this stuff out of air...And besides isnt the birds of prey book cancelled fornow? But yeah...its between her and Spoiler for batgirl...

Maybe it's because Spidey is my favorite hero ever, but I always had a soft spot for both John Romita Sr. and John Romita Jr.'s artwork. I also enjoyseeing Ed McGuinness' Action Comics #775.

^yeah i wanted to mention ed mcguinness, but the only art work that did it for me was wwh: x men that's all
grin.gif
imo i think turner does better variantcover arts...but they are both talented nonetheless
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Marvel will ALWAYS be better than DC. I cant believe this is even a question.

Maybe if you support your argument, then it would make more sense.

Also, I've always seen Superboy Prime as a view of how Superman would be if he didn't limit himself and didn't hold back (with a few exceptions of course).

Aside from all the great art work people have posted from Marvel, what DC character is better than: Spider-man or Wolverine? DC art work in general has alwayssucked to me, hence I never really messed with their comics aside from the black superman series. The only other company that can actually challenge Marvel isthe early image stuff, The Maxx and Spawn OG art work was crazy.

Also, I've always seen Superboy Prime as a view of how Superman would be if he didn't limit himself and didn't hold back (with a few exceptions of course).

Aside from all the great art work people have posted from Marvel, what DC character is better than: Spider-man or Wolverine? DC art work in general has always sucked to me, hence I never really messed with their comics aside from the black superman series. The only other company that can actually challenge Marvel is the early image stuff, The Maxx and Spawn OG art work was crazy.
So your argument as to why Marvel > DC is based solely on artwork?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Aside from all the great art work people have posted from Marvel, what DC character is better than: Spider-man or Wolverine? DC art work in general has always sucked to me, hence I never really messed with their comics aside from the black superman series. The only other company that can actually challenge Marvel is the early image stuff, The Maxx and Spawn OG art work was crazy.
Have you even seen any art work from DC comics?

TheSwoosh wrote:

Also, I've always seen Superboy Prime as a view of how Superman would be if he didn't limit himself and didn't hold back (with a few exceptions of
course).

Don't even get NT started on Batman...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

TheSwoosh wrote:

Also, I've always seen Superboy Prime as a view of how Superman would be if he didn't limit himself and didn't hold back (with a few exceptions of
course).

smh.gif

Quoted For Truth...
tired.gif

can i just love both?

because i do...

but my favorite characters come from DC....which are Green Lantern and The Flash

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

TheSwoosh wrote:

course).

smh.gif
Quoted For Truth...
tired.gif

Batman=Kobe on NT

Originally Posted by Fiasco23

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

TheSwoosh wrote:

course).

smh.gif
Quoted For Truth...
tired.gif

Batman=Kobe on NT

laugh.gif
would have been funnier if said jordan

Originally Posted by BwooDFolkGD74

can i just love both?
Yes. What gets me is the people come in who bash DC just because they've never bothered to actually pic up a %!+$%%* comic, or those whoaren't really "comic heads" and base their opinions on movies or cartoons.

DC animated shows kill any and all marvel cartoons.

And say what you will, Batman is the greatest comic character ever. period.

Artwork? Your argument doesn't really make much sense. Most artist aren't really exclusive to one company in their lifetime. Jim Lee and Alex Ross hasworked for both Marvel and DC.
Are you saying character design? As in what costume they are wearing? Plenty of artist has their own take and twist into each character costume.
Like Jim Lee re-creating the X-Men? So which one do you like? Jim Lee's innovative X-Men design or Cassadys new X-Men?
n108308.jpg
VS
astonishing-x-men-1-100k.jpg

Two different styles and art I think, if there is no consistency in the artwork and artists jumping from oen company to the other, how can yous ay one art isbetter than the other?
I particularly like Lee, Turner and Ross's take on Superman, all looks great to me. 3 different styles but still captures that iconic character.
448850-jim_lee_superman_super.jpg
http://
superman-alex%20ross.jpg

Look is subjective and your argument is as good as that guy who only like Marvel because they make more movies.
roll.gif

as in more powerful (strength), then it's MARVEL >>>> DC

but if you mean cinema wise, it's landslide DC >>>>>>>>>MARVEL

-smile

EDIT: it's just a damn shame, the turn in which marvel has been depicted on screen...
tired.gif

I never liked Turner's art; it was always far too stylized for me. I'd have to say Cliff Chiang is my favorite new artist.
1554087814_4ee7cd7e7f.jpg

And of course I love me son Darwyn Cooke:
ASL-DC-batssupes.gif

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

I never liked Turner's art; it was always far too stylized for me. I'd have to say Cliff Chiang is my favorite new artist.
1554087814_4ee7cd7e7f.jpg
is this turners or cliffs?
nerd.gif
Obviously Cliffs. Turner's style always have his characters on steroids.

Back
Top Bottom