Dear Mr. Reseller...Please dont kill the game

Originally Posted by Ciscokid

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Reselling these days is almost dead.

Between eBay/Paypal and restocks... reselling is going to be a thing of the past (as soon as Nike wants to end it.)

right...and on top of that..if anyone really wanted either of the shoes mentioned in op's post....they could have gotten them....the people crying about resale prices are the ones who do not put in work and expect a free handout....if you know a lot of people want these shoes then you will have to get up early to get them...it is that simple...the only exception are those people who do not have a store near them carrying the shoes they want

huh NO...i did my homework i called the store i knew what time they were gonna open. i showed up early. i didnt get my pair. the fnl had said (on multiple calls) that they had 36 pairs i showed up and they opened the doors and said "ok ppl we got 6 pairs." were i live we dont get much, so i didnt have too many options. so no everyone who wanted a pair didnt get one. i realize i can pay $250 plus, but i will not do that for a low quality shoe. 

thats deep bee... im with you half way, it kind oif makes sense about them inflating prices, i hate the price is higher and the so called quality is cheaper, thats wack... but times change, materials get more expensive, more money has to be spread around, as a company you gotta do something to keep up with the times... nike has been giving us cheap material for a while now... you gotta pay for quality, its like that with everything, "haircuts, weed, food, etc"

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by KickzIHeart

...Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story.
stopped reading right there...
indifferent.gif

Exactly, one of the dumbest comments I have ever read.  Exactly the opposite they are getting away from BB shoes and more for casual wear( for fat slobs like Gentry to lounge in ), and they even suck for that.

^Lol you can tell whos a reseller by looking at the size 20 font.
laugh.gif
 Im not mad at people getting there business on, were in a recession with no jobs available duke.

resell this resell that

big deal already

i know one thing the resellers are talking a bath with all the foams that around for retail
better your money then mine

there will always be resellers in every hobby

i am a reseller and proud of it

one thing too its easy to tell the resellers who have no clue what their doing apart from those that do.

those that do = knowing what to buy, having connects so they pay less then retail, and having access to get stuff early at times.

those that don't = buying stuff at retail and for the most part not making much of a profit for all the time and effort they put in most of the time.

If I'm buying all sz 13's because I'm rocking that shoe for the next 10-15 yrs.....It's a rap
sz 13 is the smallest run in the size run.....

The game has changed big time, I remember the Vintage Kicks days before Ebay and I was the Sample King, Putting in the work........
Nikefind just killed it .......
Create a swooshnet from the wearhouse for this population and the shoes don't even have to hit the outlet or clearance center....

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

one thing too its easy to tell the resellers who have no clue what their doing apart from those that do.

those that do = knowing what to buy, having connects so they pay less then retail, and having access to get stuff early at times.

those that don't = buying stuff at retail and for the most part not making much of a profit for all the time and effort they put in most of the time.
word, you have this fools buyin one extra pair and tryin to bank then have no way of gettin rid of it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
case in point the foam thread...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I really don't give a damn about resellers. Mainly because I'm not dumb enough to pay for a shoe that is probably already overcharged at retail with the quality let alone a resellers price. Therefore, resellers can do whatever he wants because it will always be retail or nothing for me. There are enough resources to get what you want if you are prepared.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

It aint the people who sell em, its the people who buy em.
Thisis the part people fail to realize, and it boggles my mind.  Peopleb*tch and complain about how much resellers are getting for all theseshoes, yet they keep forking over the money for them.  Want the prices to comedown?  Want resellers to stop devouring inventory?  STOP BUYING FROM THEM!  It's really that simple, people.  You empower those that try to create, and then take advantage of the hype by buying INTO the hype (literally and figuratively).

Originally Posted by purplehazen

thats deep bee... im with you half way, it kind oif makes sense about them inflating prices, i hate the price is higher and the so called quality is cheaper, thats wack... but times change, materials get more expensive, more money has to be spread around, as a company you gotta do something to keep up with the times... nike has been giving us cheap material for a while now... you gotta pay for quality, its like that with everything, "haircuts, weed, food, etc"
I feel you homie. I like the examples you gave
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by purplehazen

I feel you homie. I like the examples you gave
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

And "the game" you speak of is already dead, you don't need skills to be a sneakerhead anymore, you just need cash and the internet.

skills to buy shoes?
Both get me everytime 
laugh.gif

I feel like certain ppl. Hype shoes just for resale purposes. Sj, foams,& motorsports all 3 of these kicks soldout pretty much firstday out and can b found in almost everyother nt'ers sig like sneakermane said. Its seems like dudes grab up a extra pair or 2 cuz of hype they see thinking that they gonna make a flip so the pair they keep its like they got it for free. Then for the first 48 ppl who are too lazy to get up & get kix from a store they go to there cpu move da jergens out da way & go pay the resellers then !%%*% bout it. Then a week later when reseller guy sees that ever1 & they momma got them ,prices start falling cuz same dudes who copped pairs just to move thinking bout da cc bill coming in or just broke cuz he spent all his $ on kix.

Anyhow dude in front of me bought all 6 pairs of size 11.5 Columbiasthe store had in stock and that was the size I wear.  Rather then cryabout it on a messageboard I took actions into my own hands. Iconfronted dude and told him that I didn't want there to be anyproblems and that I didn't care what he did with the other 5 of thosepairs but that he was going to sell me one of those pairs for $137.50which was retail plus tax. Dude was reluctant at first but realizedthat I had 4 of my friends with me so I guess he thought it was in hisbest interest to just sell me one of those pairs at retail and go abouthis day. I could tell he was real pissed off when I gave him the moneybut after putting all the work I did into getting my pair there was noway I was ending up empty handed in that type of way.

I mainlyhandled it the way I did because he bought every single pair in my sizewhich was real inconsiderate to me. (yes i know he got there before me)but still.  If the store only had 1 pair of columbias in size 11.5 andhe bought them I would have just taken the L since he got there firstbut the fact that he tried to buy all 6 pairs and deny me of my pair inthe process is what infuriated me.

You got lucky cause nowadays that's a quick way to get popped (even if you packing too) and you do know MJ isn't comming to your funeral.  I feel you about dudes buying up all the supply but I just don't think a pair of sneaks are worth what could have potentially happened to you.

Shoe game died a while ago when Nike realize they can charge whatever they want for kicks and people will still buy them. Funny thing is I bet most of the cats on this board have yet to really experience the drop in quality over the years to be complaining. Y'all were coppin' shoes back in the 80's and 90's when they used real leather and quality materials?

And is there really skills to getting shoes? Like camping out skills? You know how to sit at a spot better than other people?
roll.gif
That's how you know the shoe game is dead. When people claim they have better shoe buying skills. Sounds like something you'd hear on those housewives shows. Better shopping skills.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by KickzIHeart

If i cared about all the negative comments i would get after posting this i wouldnt have posted it now would i? Its just my own opinion, That means what i think...not you ok? I thought this was niketalk.com & not niketalk****.com. If all you can do is post a vid clip from ur fav tv show then dont post at all. Peace

but c`mon man.. since you POSTED IT ON HERE. YOU CLEARLY wanted it to be known about your opinion (cry baby).. and people that are members of this board, wanna put in there .02

WHAT`D YOU EXPECT?? A COOKIE? HELPING HAND since you missed out on some releases?
eyes.gif
roll.gif

if you really wanted the shoes/you would`ve done your research properly. and on top of that. People that are reselling now a days don`t have that much of a difference in prices. Some are absurd,some are reasonable. 30+40 over retail is good in my books..

Back
Top Bottom