DEATH TO DUNKS!

The Dunk is a classic and is close to my heart as the the Air Force One...
All it takes is the right colorway... For me... The simpler, the better...
344111134.jpg

Originally Posted by Marito

YO I KNO J'S BE USING WEIRD COLORS AND MATERIAL BUT THAT'S MAINLY ON THE 1'S VERY FEW J'S BESIDE THOSE ARE CRAZY WHEN IT COME TO CW'S

i donno i can name a couple off the top of my head that had me
grin.gif

do the right thing 3's
womens aqua 8
pea pod 8's
every single spizike is
sick.gif
to me
all those gay fusions
green bean 5's
olympic 6's (not the first release the recent one
sick.gif
)
citrus 7
laser 15's
indifferent.gif

white / green 14's
half the shoes in the packs last year

im positive theres ALOT more but im just wakin up n my brain isnt fully awake yet
laugh.gif

and ya some dunks use weird materials i e fur as the inner lining, or fur on the toe and side panels, but for the most part i normally see leather mixed withsuede. and those are not weird

2guard u wanna sell them goldenrods
nerd.gif

Couple years back, cats wanted to be a "DUNK" head when the shoe was still considerd underground or not mainstream.

Now nobody wants to wear dunks.

Then cats jumped on the Air Force one...claiming the always had luv for that shoe....calling them "uptowns and @#$%.
What the hell is a uptown?!
smh.gif

Anyways...Now nobody wants to wear Airs.

it's 2009 & everyone & their grandma wears foams...since the Royal Penny 1s were retroed.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Give it a few years...you'll see the same pattern.

U ALREADY!!!

^^^^ in the 757 we call'em "dc Nikes or dc's". Been that way since I can remember (95'). I've heard them been called uptown, fatheads, flavs, blanco.

"ay man, let me get those white on whites that often come in different colors in a size 9!!". At work we used to just hollar out the color codes forfun. LOL

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Then cats jumped on the Air Force one...claiming the always had luv for that shoe....calling them "uptowns and @#$%.
smh.gif
I know you are "Mr. Bmore" but I knew the shoe as an "Uptown" and a "D.C." before I knew the shoes official name was"Air Force One".

And I'm talking mid 80s.

Couple years back, cats wanted to be a "DUNK" head when the shoe was still considerd underground or not mainstream.

smh.gif

it's 2009 & everyone & their grandma wears foams...since the Royal Penny 1s were retroed.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

U ALREADY!!!
word. everyone is trying too hard to be "different" now, trying to wear #@@+ nobody else has. or trying to hold a certain thing toidentify themselves with.

ITS JUST A DAMN SHOE.

dudes be trying too hard. just wear what you like in the colorways you like. i never seen dudes stop wearing jordans, but yet they'll stop wearing dunks orforces simply because other people wear them. when everyone and they moms got a pair of jordans.

^^^ my grandma has a pair also. J/k, well spoken argument btw. Everyone wants to be different by dressing the same. ViVa La Dunk!!!

smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

I'm with you 100% on this.

I have NEVER seen so many people on foams all of a sudden. Since I have been in Centreville/Fairfax area the past year and some change, they are out here to. Ihave never seen SB's sit in Elite. They have been getting multiple restocks lately too.

I guess the next shoe is going to air max 95's, because they are about to drop them again.........

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

smh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

U ALREADY!!!

I'm with you 100% on this.

I have NEVER seen so many people on foams all of a sudden. Since I have been in Centreville/Fairfax area the past year and some change, they are out here to. I have never seen SB's sit in Elite. They have been getting multiple restocks lately too.

I guess the next shoe is going to air max 95's, because they are about to drop them again.........
I can see it now. Dudes clowning me in middle school for wearing "Sketcher" #@! Nikes, talking about how they need Safety Orange 95s
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

sneakermane wrote:

smh.gif
I know you are "Mr. Bmore" but I knew the shoe as an "Uptown" and a "D.C." before I knew the shoes official name was "Air Force One".

And I'm talking mid 80s.

EOH, Round here we call Air Force One's......."Airs". That's all I know, and it's been that way since the 80's.Plain & simple.

Gimme them white on white airs! I need those money green airs! You got those new white/bubble gum sole airs?

You never even had to mention NIKE when you asked for them in the store.

BTW...All you Dunk haters will change your tune once SUPREME decides to do another collab with Nike SB. Stay tuned for the"Gucci" denim Hi SB drop, too.

U ALREADY!!!

Not to keep the topic on "Airs/D.C.s/Uptowns/Fatheads/Ones/etc." but...

Your opinions on this please?

Getting an all white/white AF1 in the summer is just not the same to me anymore, even for my wife in kids sizes.

Leather and all is made of paper it seems, let alone the shape and feel of the shoe now.

If it was 1997, I'd be all over the all white/ice bottom joints that are out now. But the leather isn't worth paying MSRP.

So I'm forced to look for old joints or old overseas joints and pay a grip, just to get that "AF1 feel".

Anybody in the same boat?

But, all the GR dunks I've seen at Footlocker for example have been okay the last year; I just don't understand why the side panel for AF1 and dunksMUST be a different color/material most of the time. I thought that "trend" would be over after the 25th Anniversary joints flopped.

I like 'em basic. 3 color max, including the sole...

Getting an all white/white AF1 in the summer is just not the same to me anymore

Leather and all is made of paper it seems, let alone the shape and feel of the shoe now.

If it was 1997, I'd be all over the all white/ice bottom joints that are out now. But the leather isn't worth paying MSRP.

So I'm forced to look for old joints or old overseas joints and pay a grip, just to get that "AF1 feel".

yea i'm with you..
i can run up to as far as year 2000..bring back that tumble leather..

Originally Posted by 2Guard

Getting an all white/white AF1 in the summer is just not the same to me anymore

yea i'm with you..
i can run up to as far as year 2000..bring back that tumble leather..

Hit the nail on the head!!!!

What the @#$% done happened to that sweet lookin' tumbled leather that use to cost me $64.99?!

And to add on to EOH's statement...I almost never argue about quality on shoes. But he's right...I wouldn't even call the stuffthey use for airs nowadays leather.
smh.gif
It's terrible. You wear your shoes once, and all the creasings make em' look like you've had them for years.

Nike...Why can't you just go back to solid colorway air forces with white checks & white midsoles.Imagine if Nike did this but also used that good tumbled leather from the 90's.

Baby blue...white check.
Money green...white check.
Chocolate...white check.

Red, navy blue, royal blue, orange, purple...all solid joints with white checks & white bottoms. I would cop them all.

That's what made those Bobbito Hi's so wearable because it was as close as we could get to classic colorways.

Instead we get all this 3M, 6 colors, suede on the toebox, crock print on the check, nubuck on the side panel, elephant print on the back...nonsense.
frown.gif

AND BRING BACK THE GUM SOLE ON WHITE/WHITE AIRS TOO!!!

Sorry for the rant. Back to them Dunks....

U ALREADY!!!

Yea I'd say the hype about dunks have gone down. Your always gonna have people who gotta be different from everybody else and won't wear something cuseveryone has it (what ever happened to not giving a $$!+?). Yo I love it when I see the youth copp a new pair of SB's and skate in them the same day. To methat's just some ill @*%!. Cause when everyone was in to basketball shoes (Jordans, etc) not alot would actually ball in them. C'mon you know youdon't buy running shoes to run in. lol I'm not talking about everyone so don't be offended.

Back
Top Bottom