Debunk Mynths about your City/State.....

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

i wanna visit seattle. it seems like columbus with less snow.

Columbus Ohio???? Nah...
Seattle is like no other place 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dakid23

i wanna visit seattle. it seems like columbus with less snow.

Columbus Ohio???? Nah...
Seattle is like no other place 
pimp.gif

i meant grey skies, pretty homogenous population.....a decent inner-city with surrounding suburbs

small city with a big city feel....etc. etc.

i dont think the transition would be very difficult

thats all i was saying.

people really sleep on columbus

*shrugs*

we are not cleveland, yo.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Predominately, Texans in either Rural or Metropolitan areas DO NOT OWN Horses, Farms, Cows, Sheep, etc. Now, we are Texans, so Cowboy boots, hats and Wranglers are seen on a semi regular basis, but for the most part, Texans are somewhat like Californians. We have become WAAAAAAY more Urbanized in recent decades. So, to (National) Fox Sports and other broadcast companies that want to showcase our city as Cowtown during intro packages to whatever Sports coverage is going on (Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Mavericks) STOP IT!!!!!!!! We don't all herd Cattle and/or come out of the womb with a branding iron in hand and cowboy hat to top it off!

This. Dont know why every time a game is in Texas they have to show to some cows or an oil well or some nonsense.

Originally Posted by supahoopa

i have a terribly long and exhausting time telling people where im from..

im from illinois 

"so youre from chicago""

no i stay like 15 minutes from STL...

"oh! so you live in missouri?"

no i live like right next to east st. louis

"oh so you live in the hood?"

NO!! im from the suburbs

this happens to jus about everyone from the 618 area..
eyes.gif
cosign, unfortunately I am from east saint louis tho 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

roll.gif
 its the american capital of homosexuality tho

yall serious?

How many times have you been there?

3 times.

irrelevant.

its most certainly the hub of homosexual rights......has been since the 60s......

you for serious or are you just upset you think it means something?

laugh.gif

I just asked you a question.
laugh.gif

I wasn't calling you out or anything.
roll.gif

I live here and pretty  much know it's true. LMAO...

Thanks for all the stats, though.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Rhode Island.. Smallest State believe me is def. THAT small. I can go from the first town of Westerly up north to the last town of Woonsocket in 45 mins

We have a lot of our own language and accent ex. Bubbler = water fountain

Dang, I didn't realize it was that small. So if you're popular in your city you're pretty much popular in the whole state huh?
indifferent.gif
Just know that in the capital city of Providence, everyone basically knows each other or somehow related to each other
It's hard to go anywhere in the city and not run into someone you know. 
Providence is a very corrupt city, politicians are dirty.  But we will always love Buddy Cianci  

Originally Posted by NooEra

I've lived in Boston my whole life but when you say 'Boston' there's so many different areas where the attitude is different in each one. Ya white townie dudes in South Boston are probably going to be racist. Get a spot in a suburb-like area in Hyde Park and you will experience no racism. Move to Mattapan , you wont experience racism because everyone is black until you cross that line into Milton
laugh.gif
Other than that there's hella places to live where you're close to the city, technically in Boston, but not actually living in the city. West Roxbury for example.

Boston is a great place to live
pimp.gif

PM me if you need any help once you arrive fams
pimp.gif

yup theres where i live.. Theres a bunch of different parts of boston and each are unique..parts of roslindale, hyde park are not that good, dorchester/mattapan etc arent. but then you can go to jamaica plain and west roxbury and be fine. you could go to allston/brighton or maybe even brookline/newton  i wouldnt @%+$ around with charlestown though
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

when youre talking about boston..make sure youre actually talking about boston lol. look up the towns actually part of boston. Id vote for JP, west roxbury, allston or brighton.  People say they live in boston but really live in newton, lowell, chelsea etc
laugh.gif

Oakland, CA:

Reputation for being one big hood couldn't be further from the truth. Pretty even split between extreme poverty, working, middle, and upper class neighborhoods.

The most ethnically and culturally diverse city in the nation based on number of languages spoken (+140).

One of the country's top 4 educated workforces.

Although SF can claim the highest number of gays and lesbians, Oakland is home to the highest number of lesbians per capita.

WONDERFUL place to live or raise children. Not really the best to visit unless you're into a handful of specific things.

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

Originally Posted by THE QBZ

I Live In Texas wrote
True story. I don't know much about 12th/Chicon being rough as it used to be (I see rich ladies walking their poodles around there at night), but Rundberg is still as sketchy as ever. And I still don't feel easy when going to Dove at night..
don't let indie music blogs/magazines corrupt your view of Austin, bros.
my momma stay on dove ......like seriously how many car can you fit in the yard/street ....austinites know what im talking about in the hood

Stay OFF of Riverside

Wat yall know bout Tejano ranch
laugh.gif

Juan in a million
pimp.gif
My dude, i live on riverside.
pimp.gif

And I work literally directly across the street from Jaun in a million. At Alffs florist. Drop by sometime.

Summit at my job.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

yeah i used to go over there back in the day....Im from the SJC area near Reagan

RIP HIGHLAND MALL

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Oakland, CA:

Reputation for being one big hood couldn't be further from the truth. Pretty even split between extreme poverty, working, middle, and upper class neighborhoods.

The most ethnically and culturally diverse city in the nation based on number of languages spoken (+140).

One of the country's top 4 educated workforces.

Although SF can claim the highest number of gays and lesbians, Oakland is home to the highest number of lesbians per capita.

WONDERFUL place to live or raise children. Not really the best to visit unless you're into a handful of specific things.
cause they all be at oasis.

We do not live in grass shacks in Hawaii...

We are apart of the United States of America

One million people on Oahu alone

Most cell phones per capita in the USA

Traffic time second only to LA (to and from work average)

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by natch johnson

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

-Arizona is most certainly a racist state. Both the government and people have racist attitudes.
-Despite the media saying otherwise, we are not all illegal immigrants or conservative white people

You obviously live in Tucson which is a dump and completely different from Metropolitan Phoenix. There is a good amount of illegal immigrants, a lot of conservative white people and it is certainly not a racist state.

Wildcat is right, AZ is blantantly racist. I won't even go into it. But phoenix/maricopa is super racist. Never seen so many ignorant @!* whites and blatant supremacists.You must be sheltered
That is weird. Last time I went there, experienced none of that. People were pretty friendly.

Originally Posted by GSGoonSquad

-The Bay Area does in fact have the best 
pimp.gif

-Everyone out here doesn't get "hyphy". That's actually dead.
-San Francisco is not full of gays. Go around HP talking that %%$..
-Berkley where the The BasedGod himself is from is full of hippies.
- Oakland, Richmond, Vallejo and Fairfield are dangerous cities to live in with deaths nearly every week
tired.gif
..especially in the Vallejo and Fairfield areas
ohwell.gif

So you mean to tell me that my man Jeff Gordon is from the hood?

Jeff-Gordon.jpg

Contrary to popular belief everyone from Harlem isn't a hustler or drug dealer....and doesn't say Son or B after every sentence

Originally Posted by dbailey86

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Atlanta is full of gay people.

roll.gif
this is true tho

Gotta agree with dbailey86, the city is full of gays. When I was younger they were mainly in the Midtown area, now they're everywhere.

Atlanta has beautiful women. True, but I guarantee a large percentage of them are not from here.
If you were born at Grady Hospital something is wrong with you.
eyes.gif
False
Atlanta is currently one of the most popular cities in the US. Though this may be true, the city was so much better before the popularity picked up.

Back
Top Bottom