December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

I forgive you
tenor.gif

excellent technique man

Are we able to have an honest conversation about CM Punk?

What are your views on him and his legacy?
Admittedly I’m more partial to in-ring ability. He definitely got over when he was allowed to speak freely, which was cool, but by that point he had already lost a step in the ring. He was definitely mailing it in towards the end of his run. Punch-kick-backfist-corner Irish whip-clotheline-bulldog-terrible elbow drop-GTS-123.

Even tho I enjoyed his early in-ring work he never really blew me away with anything. Eddie/Rey never mailed it in and Danielson makes everything look good. Punk just isn’t my guy.

As much of an "in-ring" person I am as well, I have to face reality and understand in-ring ability doesn't put butts in seats.

CM created a BUZZ so loud that non-wrestling fans (and lapsed fans) crawled out of their caves and tuned back into wrestling.

As far as the, "Routine Match" comment, show me one dude on top that didn't also fall victim to that. When you are OVER, you don't have to do much.

Generally speaking, underneath folks are the ones that have to do more to get folks attention. (Not saying one is better or worse than the other). But the, "5 moves" argument against a wrestler can be said about any Top 20 American wrestler of all-time.

Admittedly I’m more partial to in-ring ability. He definitely got over when he was allowed to speak freely, which was cool, but by that point he had already lost a step in the ring. He was definitely mailing it in towards the end of his run. Punch-kick-backfist-corner Irish whip-clotheline-bulldog-terrible elbow drop-GTS-123.

Even tho I enjoyed his early in-ring work he never really blew me away with anything. Eddie/Rey never mailed it in and Danielson makes everything look good. Punk just isn’t my guy.
This is the match I figured out Seth was Tyler Black :lol::

As far as N. American wrestling is concerned, I'd have to say that Phil Brooks is Top 25 all time..And by all time I mean 1970 to present..

They really determined World Wrestling Entertainment to be an essential business.

That is insane to me. They need to lock Vince in a cage or something.

There's video on twitter of the town hall meeting with the FL mayor that determined WWE was an "essential business"..

Back
Top Bottom