Define a Bandwagon fan.

In my humble opinion, a bandwagon fan is a person or persons that root for teams because they are successful, and/or someone that roots for a team outside the vicinity of the local team in his/her area.
Example:

Tom roots for the Miami Heat now because they've acquired Lebron James, and Chris Bosh.

Exceptions to the rule, if your parents were from Dallas, and rooted for the Cowboys and you became a fan, then that's justifiable. If your an annoying woman, and just root for teams of which men are attractive in their opinion, or your just trying to annoy your boyfriend by rooting for the opposite team.

Now am I right, or am I right?

-Jacob

In my humble opinion, a bandwagon fan is a person or persons that root for teams because they are successful, and/or someone that roots for a team outside the vicinity of the local team in his/her area.
Example:

Tom roots for the Miami Heat now because they've acquired Lebron James, and Chris Bosh.

Exceptions to the rule, if your parents were from Dallas, and rooted for the Cowboys and you became a fan, then that's justifiable. If your an annoying woman, and just root for teams of which men are attractive in their opinion, or your just trying to annoy your boyfriend by rooting for the opposite team.

Now am I right, or am I right?

-Jacob

if you feel the need to justify why you like a team, you're a bandwagon fan

*Cough* MambaMVP *Cough*

laugh.gif

if you feel the need to justify why you like a team, you're a bandwagon fan

people throw around the term unfairly, but in my opinion if youre allegiances change regularly depending on a particular team's performance and/or hype, then you're a bandwagon fan.

proximity to the team's home arena/stadium is a stupid basis to judge by. what if you watch a sport that is mostly played outside of your particular area, i.e. european football.

people throw around the term unfairly, but in my opinion if youre allegiances change regularly depending on a particular team's performance and/or hype, then you're a bandwagon fan.

proximity to the team's home arena/stadium is a stupid basis to judge by. what if you watch a sport that is mostly played outside of your particular area, i.e. european football.

If you don't stick by ur team when their sucking but will profess your "fanhood" to everyone when your team is doing well, your a bandwagon fan.

If you can't name at least one scrub/bench player on the team, your a bandwagon fan(ex. someone who only knows the superstars on the team)

If you don't stick by ur team when their sucking but will profess your "fanhood" to everyone when your team is doing well, your a bandwagon fan.

If you can't name at least one scrub/bench player on the team, your a bandwagon fan(ex. someone who only knows the superstars on the team)

I don't think that someone that likes a team outside of their local area is a bandwagon fan.

For instance, I love the Pacers, but I'm from Jersey. Besides Magic, Reggie was my favorite player growing up, hence why I'm a Pacer fan (yes, even through this crappy run we're on)

Bandwagon fans are fans that just become fans of a team for recent success and then ditch said team when they suck.

I don't think that someone that likes a team outside of their local area is a bandwagon fan.

For instance, I love the Pacers, but I'm from Jersey. Besides Magic, Reggie was my favorite player growing up, hence why I'm a Pacer fan (yes, even through this crappy run we're on)

Bandwagon fans are fans that just become fans of a team for recent success and then ditch said team when they suck.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I'm specifically counting American Sports.
I have a Co worker who roots for the Boston Celtics, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Reds. He say's He began rooting for each team while He was a child, and they were winning game. He is from the Bay Area, and He's a bandwagon fan.

The term Bandwagon can apply to children to.

-Jacob

You got it right on the money.

Somebody post that vid of the one kid who claims the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Duke Men's bball, and Uconn Women's bball as "HIS" teams
roll.gif

You got it right on the money.

Somebody post that vid of the one kid who claims the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Duke Men's bball, and Uconn Women's bball as "HIS" teams
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I'm specifically counting American Sports.
I have a Co worker who roots for the Boston Celtics, Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Reds. He say's He began rooting for each team while He was a child, and they were winning game. He is from the Bay Area, and He's a bandwagon fan.

The term Bandwagon can apply to children to.

-Jacob

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Actually you are a bandwagon fan due to the fact you liked a team because a particular player played for that team.
As for I was a bandwagon fan because I rooted for the Orlando Magic when I was a child due to the fact they had Shaq, and Penny.

It's a fact, I was also a bandwagon fan because my dad's friend Dennis Green coached in the NFL, I rooted for the Viking, I did not root for the Cardinals though. 

There is nothing I can do about it, even if the reason is justifiable.

-Jacob

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Actually you are a bandwagon fan due to the fact you liked a team because a particular player played for that team.
As for I was a bandwagon fan because I rooted for the Orlando Magic when I was a child due to the fact they had Shaq, and Penny.

It's a fact, I was also a bandwagon fan because my dad's friend Dennis Green coached in the NFL, I rooted for the Viking, I did not root for the Cardinals though. 

There is nothing I can do about it, even if the reason is justifiable.

-Jacob

Someone who starts liking a team strictly because the team is good.

And just a sidenote.....if you jumped on a bandwagon a long time ago when the team was good, and you have stuck with that team even through bad times, that doesnt negate the fact that you originally jumped on a bandwagon. Loyalty through bad times does not supersede the fact that you at one point jumped on a bandwagon. You are still a bandwagon fan.

And just a sidenote.....if you jumped on a bandwagon a long time ago when the team was good, and you have stuck with that team even through bad times, that doesnt negate the fact that you originally jumped on a bandwagon. Loyalty through bad times does not supersede the fact that you at one point jumped on a bandwagon. You are still a bandwagon fan.

Originally Posted by dland24

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom