Define a Bandwagon fan.

California basketball fans (fans of CA teams, not necessarily people in/from CA)

In the 2000's switched between Lakers and Kings...

had some interest in the Clippers during the head pound days...

hopped on the Warriors for a little bit...

and are now back with their team all along, the Lakers!

*with their future team resting on the success of Tyreke/Cousins, Gordon/Griffin or Curry/Lee.

Originally Posted by dland24

Someone who starts liking a team strictly because the team is good.

And just a sidenote.....if you jumped on a bandwagon a long time ago when the team was good, and you have stuck with that team even through bad times, that doesnt negate the fact that you originally jumped on a bandwagon. Loyalty through bad times does not supersede the fact that you at one point jumped on a bandwagon. You are still a bandwagon fan.
Agreed!

California basketball fans (fans of CA teams, not necessarily people in/from CA)

In the 2000's switched between Lakers and Kings...

had some interest in the Clippers during the head pound days...

hopped on the Warriors for a little bit...

and are now back with their team all along, the Lakers!

*with their future team resting on the success of Tyreke/Cousins, Gordon/Griffin or Curry/Lee.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

You got it right on the money.

Somebody post that vid of the one kid who claims the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Duke Men's bball, and Uconn Women's bball as "HIS" teams
roll.gif
"They're my WINNERS. I don't like them because they win. They win because I like them."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

You got it right on the money.

Somebody post that vid of the one kid who claims the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Duke Men's bball, and Uconn Women's bball as "HIS" teams
roll.gif
"They're my WINNERS. I don't like them because they win. They win because I like them."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jumpman247

And just a sidenote.....if you jumped on a bandwagon a long time ago when the team was good, and you have stuck with that team even through bad times, that doesnt negate the fact that you originally jumped on a bandwagon. Loyalty through bad times does not supersede the fact that you at one point jumped on a bandwagon. You are still a bandwagon fan.
Agreed!

I also agree on this. But then what makes someone a true fan? Do they have to like the team only when the suck? What is the criteria of liking a team?

Agreed!

I also agree on this. But then what makes someone a true fan? Do they have to like the team only when the suck? What is the criteria of liking a team?

This can be applied to the local team too.

Originally Posted by truthmain

True. I don't think rooting for the local team or any other team when they are winning makes you automatically a bandwagon fan, people are genuinely attracted to winners. It's when you abandon them as soon as your team start losing. I don't mind people liking my team when we are winning especially in the local level because it creates a community but I hate it when people start to abandon them as soon as they are losing and jump to rival teams or other famous teams then act like you've been watching them since you were in your mom's womb. 
Although I found it quite lame and annoying those 'true fans' going through 'thick and thin' with his/her team and reject all of them bandwagon fans as 'posers'. If someone wants to become a fan of my team, I'm down with that. 

True. I don't think rooting for the local team or any other team when they are winning makes you automatically a bandwagon fan, people are genuinely attracted to winners. It's when you abandon them as soon as your team start losing. I don't mind people liking my team when we are winning especially in the local level because it creates a community but I hate it when people start to abandon them as soon as they are losing and jump to rival teams or other famous teams then act like you've been watching them since you were in your mom's womb. 
Although I found it quite lame and annoying those 'true fans' going through 'thick and thin' with his/her team and reject all of them bandwagon fans as 'posers'. If someone wants to become a fan of my team, I'm down with that. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Agreed!

A true fan roots for they're team for life, if you live in a city like Houston, and the Texans popup then you can root for them, and you will not be a Bandwagon fan.
If you were in Cleavland, and the Browns left to Baltimore, and you rooted for the Ravens after you're not a bandwagon fan. But if you started rooting for the Browns when they came back, you must not root for the Ravens anymore.

Also the only time you can root for a team that is not your own is during the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NCAA Tournament, Stanley Cup, etc but after the you CANNOT root for that team during the regular season.

Fantasy football, you CANNOT root for a player that is playing your team, in fact you shouldn't start them at all even if they are predicted to score 50 points.

-Jacob

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Agreed!

A true fan roots for they're team for life, if you live in a city like Houston, and the Texans popup then you can root for them, and you will not be a Bandwagon fan.
If you were in Cleavland, and the Browns left to Baltimore, and you rooted for the Ravens after you're not a bandwagon fan. But if you started rooting for the Browns when they came back, you must not root for the Ravens anymore.

Also the only time you can root for a team that is not your own is during the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, NCAA Tournament, Stanley Cup, etc but after the you CANNOT root for that team during the regular season.

Fantasy football, you CANNOT root for a player that is playing your team, in fact you shouldn't start them at all even if they are predicted to score 50 points.

-Jacob

Supporting a team just because of recent success.

Supporting a team right after a wealthy owner starts spending a ton of money on the team (Chelsea, Manchester City, etc).

Supporting a team just because of recent success.

Supporting a team right after a wealthy owner starts spending a ton of money on the team (Chelsea, Manchester City, etc).

Originally Posted by parasight21

True, I don't like Baseball but if the Giants, or A's made the playoffs, and I started to root for them I'd be a bandwagon fan. That's just what it is, same thing with the Sharks, I hate Hockey but when they were winning this year you bet your sweet juicy butt I was checking the stats. 
iBandwagon

-Jacob

Originally Posted by parasight21

True, I don't like Baseball but if the Giants, or A's made the playoffs, and I started to root for them I'd be a bandwagon fan. That's just what it is, same thing with the Sharks, I hate Hockey but when they were winning this year you bet your sweet juicy butt I was checking the stats. 
iBandwagon

-Jacob

someone with more than 1 favorite team in one sport...

you should also like 1 college team for every sport.

Back
Top Bottom