DELETE: Because I'm white and we're not allowed to talk about our social problems we don't have any

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by RetroSan

country artist make songs embracing being a hillbillie/redneck, does that mean i'm suppose to assume all white people are hillbillies/rednecks?

GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
But if you said " your acting like a redneck" to a white person they are not going to get butt hurt because they understand its out there....

because redneck / hillbillie /cracker  to a white individual doesn't have the same negative cogitation as #@** / *%@%$% / ghetto to a black person
again, GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

I don' understand why everyone is so mad, there are a lot of songs by afro american artist that embrace the hood & ghetto in them. Why don't you guys/girls agree? I mean these are mainstream artist that most of you embrace, so the question is do you not listen to them or are you mad at them too?

Thats because those people are from the "hood & ghetto" and never, in any of the songs I've listened to, have they every said, "this song is strictly for black people".

And what makes it worse is the brothas cosigning ..

No name call.. but some of you remind me of my mother's brother...

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

country artist make songs embracing being a hillbillie/redneck, does that mean i'm suppose to assume all white people are hillbillies/rednecks?

GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
But if you said " your acting like a redneck" to a white person they are not going to get butt hurt because they understand its out there....

because redneck / hillbillie /cracker  to a white individual doesn't have the same negative cogitation as #@** / *%@%$% / ghetto to a black person
again, GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

so you are really saying those terms don't have just as much a negative aspect on white folk than ghetto has on black folk? man you are really one sided my friend

If its obvious that she was trying to act like something she is not then I see where you're coming from, in the end people who try to act like something they aren't are in the end only hurting themselves...to answer the question I absolutely hate when people put on a show to "impress" or "show off" to other, when I went away to Ohio for school I dealt with white girls ALWAYS doing this, hated it

GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
Im not disagreeing with the point you're trying to make, but country music is no where near hillbillie redneck. Or it would be called hillbillie music. Half the music is about girls, not about losing your other lateral incisor. Country people are midwest, hillbillies are down south. Just throwin that out there 
laugh.gif

again, GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

so you are really saying those terms don't have just as much a negative aspect on white folk than ghetto has on black folk? man you are really one sided my friend
They don't IMO.

For a few reasons.

Stereotypes affect the majority and minority in different ways.

When people see a white person acting like a redneck or a goth or whatever they don't extrapolate that person to all white people.

When people see a black person acting stereotypically "ghetto" they often extrapolate it to all black people and just brush off folks like Obama as the exception. That's why I always cringe when I see black folks act ignorant. It reflects on our entire race.

Originally Posted by Jay02

GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
Im not disagreeing with the point you're trying to make, but country music is no where near hillbillie redneck. Or it would be called hillbillie music. Half the music is about girls, not about losing your other lateral incisor. Country people are midwest, hillbillies are down south. Just throwin that out there 
laugh.gif
i was in Ft. Lauderdale, FL when i was like 13 and i heard a song called Redneck Yacht Club by a dude name Craig Morgan. Now don't get me wrong when i was young and impressible my favorite artist was Trace Atkins and my favorite song was Do You Want Fries with That?.
I'm just saying that even if "Afro-American" artist are embracing there hood upbringing, must of them are glad to be out of the hood and they mainly rap about the hardship of life in the hood and how it molded them to the person they are today not its "positives" 
eyes.gif
 im not being one-sided, i'm just saying that the negative terms about white people (if those are even negative) does not have the same value of defamation and as the terms associated with black people
Edit: @Josednk1068 im not being one-sided, i'm just saying that the negative terms about white people (if those are even negative) does not have the same negative lineage the as the terms associated with black people

GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif

The white friends that I have will get extremely "butt hurt" if you called them a redneck.
I'm starting to notice a pattern with you.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by youngdoc

again, GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

They don't IMO.

For a few reasons.

When people see a white person acting like a redneck or a goth or whatever they don't extrapolate that person to all white people.

When people see a black person acting stereotypically "ghetto" they often extrapolate it to all black people and just brush off folks like Obama as the exception. That's why I always cringe when I see black folks act ignorant. It reflects on our entire race.

I have heard the term that RetroSan listed "cracker" to associate with all white people. Just like "ghetto" to associate with black people.

#Jussayinfambs

letsgetit , whats the pattern that you are seeing please explain
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Jay02

GTFOHWTBS
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
i was in Ft. Lauderdale, FL when i was like 13 and i heard a song called Redneck Yacht Club by a dude name Craig Morgan. Now don't get me wrong when i was young and impressible my favorite artist was Trace Atkins and my favorite song was Do You Want Fries with That?.
I'm just saying that even if "Afro-American" artist are embracing there hood upbringing, must of them are glad to be out of the hood and they mainly rap about the hardship of life in the hood and how it molded them to the person they are today not its "positives" 
eyes.gif
Yea I definitely see what your saying. Was just saying idk if it was the best analogy cause people who grew up on a farm, which are where most of country singers came from, arent rednecks.  I see rednecks as low life dirty alcoholics. There may be songs out there that reference rednecks for all I know I dont have the most in depth knowledge of the music. I have to listen to it everyday at work, and grew up listening to it cause of my mom so thats as far as I know. My moms side of the family owns a farm in South Dakota so im a city boy who's experienced that lifestyle many many times. A very different lifestyle but nothing redneck about it. 

Originally Posted by youngdoc

They don't IMO.

For a few reasons.

I have heard the term that RetroSan listed "cracker" to associate with all white people. Just like "ghetto" to associate with black people.

#Jussayinfambs

letsgetit , whats the pattern that you are seeing please explain
nerd.gif

Well there is a difference between the terms redneck and cracker. One is a negative term attributed to white folks who act a certain way, the other one is a racial slur.

Man there were definitely some kids at my high school that I considered redneck and I don't wanna be like that

how about talking to your cousin instead of judging....and thats your own fam, i'd hate to see how you treat others.

Back
Top Bottom