Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by tmay407

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
24.gif
[/td] [td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td] [td]
19153.jpg

Nick Calathes
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-5
Weight: 185
School: Florida[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard's perpetual search for a point guard continues. Last year, the team acquired lottery pick Jerryd Bayless, but it's pretty clear that Bayless is more of a Ben Gordon type than a Steve Nash type. The Blazers can afford to wait a year or two on Calathes. They are loaded with prospects right now and will look to add a veteran point guard to the roster this year.
Umm........... we aren't drafting a point guard with our first pick. Bayless is nothing like Ben Gordon. Calathas is playing overseas next year. Chad Ford sucks

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by calibeebee

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
24.gif
[/td] [td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td] [td]
19153.jpg

Nick Calathes
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-5
Weight: 185
School: Florida[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard's perpetual search for a point guard continues. Last year, the team acquired lottery pick Jerryd Bayless, but it's pretty clear that Bayless is more of a Ben Gordon type than a Steve Nash type. The Blazers can afford to wait a year or two on Calathes. They are loaded with prospects right now and will look to add a veteran point guard to the roster this year.
Umm........... we aren't drafting a point guard with our first pick. Bayless is nothing like Ben Gordon. Calathas is playing overseas next year. Chad Ford sucks

laugh.gif

A team can just treat Nick like a Euro player who isnt ready. Its a smart move by both parties.

Originally Posted by swizzc

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Okla City has a hell of a bargaining chip with the #3... i wouldnt be surprised if they traded up/down/out.....
one thing for sure Sam Presti will make a good decision.
Sam Presti fans *raises hand*
laugh.gif
Would make sense you're a fan of whoever is popular or doing well right now seeing as how you're a Lakers and Yankees fan.
This dude has been hyping Sam Presti since right after the move to OKC...and if I remember correctly, even before the move while the team was still in Seattle.

seeing as I go to UT and love KDs game it was only natural to have an interest in the Okla City franchise. BTW Sam Presti is the next Jerry West GM... type"Sam Presti" in the search box my appreciation thread should pop up.

Calathes has a clause in his contract that will allow him to opt out if he is drafted by a team he likes and wishes to play there. Kid is in a win/win....

Didn't Portland draft that PG from Finland like 2 seasons ago? That's why I don't think Calathes makes any sense for them...especially if Chad Fordthinks that Portland will have Calathes hone his game for a year or two in Europe before coming to the NBA. They are stockpiling dudes fromoverseas....speaking of, where's Joel Freeland? He was the last pick in the first round I think back in 06'....Portland has his rights also...

Originally Posted by swizzc

UCLA fans give me an unbiased opinion on Jrue. I'm nervous about us potentially selecting him so high based off strictly potential.
you'll prolly get mix views on him...

me, i think he's gonna be bust (being a top 5 pick). i think he'll have a solid career, nothing special.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

seeing as I go to UT and love KDs game it was only natural to have an interest in the Okla City franchise. BTW Sam Presti is the next Jerry West GM... type "Sam Presti" in the search box my appreciation thread should pop up.
That's what I was trying to get at. You've loved this guy for years...it's not something that just happened.

I watch every single UCLA game so i think i can give an opinion of him. The guy is not mentally tuff, which is probably his biggest problem. He could NOT playthe off guard position at all. out of hs his scouting profile said he had a great mid range game. It was not seen at all at ucla. he couldnt catch and shoot,or even pull up of the dribble. all of his point came on layups, usually fast breaks, set up by darren collison.

Another big problem with Jrue is that he is SLOW. One instance that stands out in my mind was during the UW game. he had a clear fast break and was run down byanother guard, after he had like 5 or so steps on him. He can jump but he is slow.

He never played point guard the whole season, except for about a four minute stretch against VCU. And during that stretch he DOMINATED!dribble drivepenetration, great vision, mid range game. it looked like his hs youtube vids. If i were a kings fan i'd be a little scared of this. its like yes he candominate a game, but can only do it on his terms. he is not mentally tuff enough to handle playing 2 guard, how can he handle going up against ron artest orsomething?

Originally Posted by tmukg21

IF the lakers get Patty Mills
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif

I don't see them doing this cause they got Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown.

I did see this pick in a mock draft online though

Originally Posted by CJ003

I watch every single UCLA game so i think i can give an opinion of him. The guy is not mentally tuff, which is probably his biggest problem. He could NOT play the off guard position at all. out of hs his scouting profile said he had a great mid range game. It was not seen at all at ucla. he couldnt catch and shoot, or even pull up of the dribble. all of his point came on layups, usually fast breaks, set up by darren collison.

Another big problem with Jrue is that he is SLOW. One instance that stands out in my mind was during the UW game. he had a clear fast break and was run down by another guard, after he had like 5 or so steps on him. He can jump but he is slow.

He never played point guard the whole season, except for about a four minute stretch against VCU. And during that stretch he DOMINATED!dribble drive penetration, great vision, mid range game. it looked like his hs youtube vids. If i were a kings fan i'd be a little scared of this. its like yes he can dominate a game, but can only do it on his terms. he is not mentally tuff enough to handle playing 2 guard, how can he handle going up against ron artest or something?
That's a nice analysis, but I think he'll be playing point if picked by the Kings. Which I would not mind. So I doubt we have to worry ifhe is going to play sg which he's not an sg. I think.

Jrue Holiday didn't stand out in any one area, but he's similar to Tyreke Evans in how he needs to develop a jumper to complement his finishing ability.

Not super efficient overall (.86 PPP), Holiday has the lowest usage of any NCAA player on our list at 9.7 possessions per game. He played a small role on a very slow-paced team, which he'll like to tell you all about if his recent interviews are any indication. He got about a third of those possessions as a finisher at the rim, where he posted a PPP of 1.2 that places him well above average. He scored 1.34 PPP in transition on limited touches in UCLA's system, but showed that he can get to the rim and make plays in the open floor.

Unfortunately, the good news ends there for the most part. Holiday shot only 28% from the field on his catch and shoot jumpers, landing him second to last, and his .75 PPP on pull up jumpers leaves a lot to be desired as well. His inordinately large percentage of possessions coming from spot up shots (27.8%) indicates that he spent heavy minutes off the ball -usually when Darren Collison was on the floor. Couple that with his questionable jump shot and you have a clear-cut recipe for disaster, which is exactly how he'd likely describe his first (and likely last) season in the NCAA.

DaJuan Summers is gaining a lot of momentum. A few weeks ago, it didn't appear that Summers would be a first round pick, but now it may be almost a lock. Summers has gotten even stronger and more cut than he already was, and is looking more like a power forward. Summers is also very capable of playing small forward. His strength and versatility has caused a lot of interest by NBA teams, and he could go as high as the late teens.
good for him.

Not surprised Flynn is gaining that attention. the kid can play.

Paul Harris
laugh.gif

Am I the only person who sees Mr. Jennings slipping waaaaaaay down in this draft, if 1 or 2 teams pass on him?

Everything I've read, he has done nothing to make teams believe he's ahead of Maynor, Flynn, etc.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by ericberry14

do you rely on stats for everything...
I rely on information for everything and question everything.

Do you realize that things people say is INFORMATION as well?

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Am I the only person who sees Mr. Jennings slipping waaaaaaay down in this draft, if 1 or 2 teams pass on him?
Define waaaaay down.

Like, out of the lottery? Out of the 1st round?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by ericberry14

do you rely on stats for everything...
I rely on information for everything and question everything.

Do you realize that things people say is INFORMATION as well?
Sure...but then comes the questioning part.

Tom House USC pitching coach said Mark Priors mechanics were perfect, if people questioned that sooner maybe Mark still has a career.

Now people giving Flynn the attention he deserves. The bandwagon closed a long time ago. There's still room on the Curry train.

Now people giving Flynn the attention he deserves. The bandwagon closed a long time ago. There's still room on the Curry train.
If you said Maynor, then fine (small school comparison). But I think the "bandwagon" comment is a tad out of place, especially sincethere was no inkling of Flynn leaving 'Cuse immediately after the season. And it's not like he played in the Patriot League and no one saw the BigEast tourney.

laugh.gif

Dude has always been a solid leader.
Define waaaaay down.

Like, out of the lottery? Out of the 1st round?
Just seems to me, a month before the draft, its more writers keeping Jennings name in the lottery then actual "experts" and people closeto team sources.

I hope Maynor "slips" to the 76ers. That would be a great situation for him, with the vets and going to a decent team, although word has it inRichmond that Larry Bird will pull the trigger...

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

If you said Maynor, then fine (small school comparison). But I think the "bandwagon" comment is a tad out of place, especially since there was no inkling of Flynn leaving 'Cuse immediately after the season. And it's not like he played in the Patriot League and no one saw the Big East tourney.

laugh.gif

Dude has always been a solid leader.

You only watched his good games then.

^
JPXz, so what? Like I give a damn. I post when I want.

Back
Top Bottom