Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Meeks isn't a top 5 shooter in this draft?
he is not homer %%% %##$%, watch more ball other then KY games ok?
roll.gif

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2009/06/rubio-buyout-si.html

[h5]June 21, 2009[/h5]
Rubio buyout situation almost resolved

Ricky Rubio's situation is about to get less complicated.

According to a source close to Rubio, the $6.6 million buyout of the Spanish point guard's contract with his current team, DKV Joventut, will likely be reduced today or tomorrow to an amount where "he knows he'll be able to make the payments," the source said. The resolution of that element of the Rubio equation will, in effect, clear a major obstacle for teams that are considering drafting him Thursday but have concerns about when he would join their team. And that, of course, includes the Kings.

Assuming the details of the arrangement are finalized soon as expected, Rubio would plan on joining his team at NBA Summer League in July just like the rest of the draft field. Yet while Rubio's Kings visit in Sacramento last week was the first with any NBA team in America as they continue to look at options for the fourth pick, they are no longer alone in that regard.

Rubio visited with Oklahoma City representatives on Saturday in Los Angeles, where the Thunder (who pick third) was allowed to examine his DKV Joventut contract just as the Kings had before them to gain a better understanding of those particulars. While Memphis (which holds the second pick) had visited with Rubio in Spain before the Kings or Thunder, the Grizzlies - nor any other team - did not see the contract. There could be more visits to come, however, as Rubio's camp will surely explore all options in the days to come.

Rubio's eventual NBA team is only permitted to pay $500,000 of a buyout, meaning the rest of the undetermined amount will be paid by Rubio. Because he made approximately $97,000 last season with DKV Joventut, his representatives had asked an arbitrator to settle the matter while claiming the buyout is disproportionate to his salary. They also claimed Rubio never signed his contract when it was drafted when he was 16, although he reportedly did sign an addendum last season. - Sam Amick

Good news that he may be available for summer league play.

I just wanted to personally put it out there for the world that I'm gonna give Rubio buckets. I'll let you know when it happens.

Come on yall,
smh.gif

Said you wanted some out of left-field comparisons.

I give one to you and you can't handle it?

SMH @ this thread.

smh.gif

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

What I meant was, potential 20-10 guy, but who goes by unnoticed during the game and you peep the stats, and you see 20/10?

I didn't mean skill-set or anything..
nerd.gif

Most times when I make comparisons I do it by stats, because I'm a stat-+$!@* (word to Osh Kosh) because of Fantasy Leagues.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom