Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Say word?

What if the talk is true (bzmafia I know how you feel about this
laugh.gif
) and Rubio doesn't want to play for Memphis?

Minny about to get hooked up
laugh.gif

if memphis picks thabeet, OKC goes with harden, and flynn goes at 4 hmmmmmmmmm now the knicks offering chandler for #5 makes sense
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I say the Kings should call Memphis's bluff. If there is even the slightest chance that they believe Rubio will fall to the 4 spot, don't do a trade,especially one involving JT. Let Memphis draft Rubio and take their chances on him. Memphis would be basically calling Rubio's bluff. I am totally finetaking Flynn at the 4 spot.

The way I hope it plays out, as I'm sure other kings fans will agree:

1. Griffin
2. Thabeet
3. Harden
4. Rubio

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Barbie bag or not, Williams is one of the players I want Jersey to go after in the draft.

It was rumored today that the Nets were also looking to trade Devin for the 2nd pick, but 3 sources declined that later on in the evening.
I'm praying he falls to 22..
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

You serious?.....They went to like 8 straight playoffs, and a western conference finals appearance.
I think he meant that they won't be successful with Mark Jackson coaching the team.

The Harris for the 2nd pick rumor is total nonsense brewed up by someone with Memphis' best interests in mind. It's laughable that that made it pasteven the least credible sports website's filters.

Today I was at the Timberwolves practice facility to watch their private workouts for Tyreke Evans, Jonny Flynn, Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, and Jeff Teague.

First off, I want to openly admit that I have been a big critic on the idea of drafting Tyreke Evans at 6, for a number of reasons...after today, however, one thing became very clear to me, Tyreke Evans is going to be one Hell of a player.

Evans is HUGE. He showed an incredible combination of size/speed/athleticism/jumping ability/pure bull strength/defense/shooting ability that I have not seen from any prospect since, dare I say, this one really tall muscular guy that one a big award this past year. Again, I have been very critical of Evans, but this guy looked like a mini Lebron out there. He dominated in the one on ones, finishing at the rim time and time again after showing very impressive moves and ball handling along with his explosive athleticism. He dominated every single point guard there, jonny flynn was really the only one who stopped him once or twice, and it was more Evans just missed than him stopping him. In the 1-on-1s, the players would have to work to get open for an in-bounds pass, and then had four seconds to get a shot off...most often they received the ball between the top of the key and half court, and evans would get to the rim with ease, bull rushing, juking, spinning, whatever he wanted to do, he did. He made Jennings basically fall down a couple times, and hit 3s in the face of lawson and flynn that drew pretty big Ohhhhs from the small crowd watching on.

Evans hit a handful of 3's in the one on ones and 3-on-3 drills, Including a
game winning 3 in the face of i believe Ty Lawson to end the workout. He was simply a man amongst boys today. Tyreke definitely shot better than I had imagined, that will not be an issue down the road.

Flynn was very impressive also. Very strong with the ball, by far the best ball handler there, and a very smooth jump shot. He will be a very good point guard...good guy, hard worker and just gave off a good leadership kind of vibe.

Lawson was good in the one on ones and everything, nothing really stood out though. He made a few shots but overall is was an average showing for him. Didn't seem as fast as the other guys.

Holiday shot the ball very well, seems a little underdeveloped physically, obviously, but his shot is real good. He was good in the open floor and played pretty good defense.

Jennings and Teague just blended in. Jennings is extremely fast and quick on his feet but he got beat on Defense all day and his shot is really ugly. Along with that, he was slamming the ball down, complaining about not getting fouls and letting the "F" bomb go...right in front of Kahn...great idea...

Teague shot the ball well but otherwise he was a sideshow.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Of course Tyreke Evans is going to look like LeBron against 5'11 PGs
laugh.gif

im saying, Jrue is the only one close to him in size and he is not even big enough to guard him

^ and they said Flynn was the only one somewhat stopping him.
laugh.gif

But I thought everyone realized Tyreke gets to the rim at will and will continue to do so in the L.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif

im saying, Jrue is the only one close to him in size and he is not even big enough to guard him
But teams are probably envisioning him as being a big-time match-up problem due to his height in comparison to other PG's around theleague....

More notes from Jerry Zgoda....I haven't liked this dude for years by the way. He's been a columnist for the Star Tribune (Minneapolis/St. Paulnewspaper) for years mainly covering the Timberwolves.

With draft day just five days away, here's some tidbits, thoughts and other stuff:

* I saw that Jordan Hill plans to work out for Memphis, which indicates the Grizzlies continue to think about moving down.

If the Wolves somehow can get that second pick to add to their own sixth, the players I'd think they're targeting: Hasheem Thabeet (not Ricky Rubio) and Steph Curry.

That'd give you the shot-blocking presence Kahn apparently feels they need next to Big Al and the best shooter in the draft who also presumably can play point guard. Those seem to be the two greatest needs, don't they?

Interesting, but if the Wolves get their hands on Thabeet…I can assure you McHale would have had little interest in investing so much to get him because he's convinced Al and Kevin Love can play together most nights.

* The Wolves basketball staff had a going-away party for McHale Friday night - Kahn wasn't invited, I don't think.

Looks like McHale will end up with TNT, probably paired often with Chuck Barkley in the Atlanta studio and perhaps even re-united on some broadcasts with Kevin Harlan, his partner on those wild Wolves broadcasts from long ago.

The boys would have to tone it down for network TV, but it'd still be fun to see, and hear.

McHale also could end up a special-guest instructor invited to some teams' training camps next fall.

Maybe you'll see him in Portland tutoring Greg Oden come October.

*I've heard owner Glen Taylor met with Kahn Friday and I bet encouraged him to communicate more with his players, who are angered that McHale won't be back.

Kahn has talked several times with Al Jefferson but otherwise hasn't started to establish a relationship with any other players, as far as I can tell.

* There's another trade rumor floating out there seemingly even more far-fetched than the Al and No. 6 to Phoenix for Amare: This one says the Wolves send Mike Miller, Randy Foye and Ryan Gomes to Boston for Ray Allen.

Since Kahn lamented Friday how nobody in the media business calls anymore for confirmation and denial of such rumors, I texted Kahn about this one and asked if there was possibly any truth to it.

He sent back a one word answer:

"No."

Good.

* Swedish forward Jonas Jerebko is scheduled for a workout Sunday. He'd be a favorite for that 28th pick if the Wolves keep him because the long, tough, athletic forward could stay in Europe for a season or two and not sign immediately with the Wolves.

*DeMar DeRozan is expected for a workout Monday morning. That might be the last Target Center workout, but as of yesterday, the Wolves were trying to get at least an audience with such players as Thabeet, Rubio and James Harden. They'd probably have to go to those players, though.

Link

laugh.gif
the game seems to have just passed Karl by...

After what Billups brought to the team...imagine what a competent coach the team actually respected would do.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif

But teams are probably envisioning him as being a big-time match-up problem due to his height in comparison to other PG's around the league....
yeah...if this was Harden bodying these PG's it'd be one thing...but everyone is lookin at Tyreke as a PG

Random....but now it's a year later:

Who do you guys think won the OJ Mayo/Kevin Love trade?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Random....but now it's a year later:

Who do you guys think won the OJ Mayo/Kevin Love trade?
I think it's a better fit for both teams.

They both pretty much ended up in the same spot record wise, so nothing really changed.

Love is a project to build on, OJ Mayo is right now let's get it done.

I hate to be cliche but both teams won.

Love in Memphis? EHH.
sick.gif

I agree, both teams benefited just about equally...

Love is turning into a very good player plus they dumped 2 horrible contracts on Memphis (Jaric & Walker) and took on 2 players with big contracts who come off the books (Cardinal & Collins) and added a sharp shooter in Miller who didn't really perform to his best but I expect that to change (if he's on our team or isn't
nerd.gif
)

If you want to compare player to player - Love was in the tops of all his categories for rookies and even some for all of the NBA.

That's my take anyway.

IMO, if Love develops more of a jumpshot, he's the next Antawn Jamison.

But I was very underwhelmed by Mike Miller, you're right. I was expecting so much more from him, and which was why I initially thought that Memphis gotshafted.

But OJ and Love both did things for their respective teams, OJ in a more flashy way.

Antawn Jamison?
laugh.gif

I think he's Brad Miller (albeit shorter)...good for 13-16 PPG, 9-11 RPG and 2-3 APG in his prime.

Back
Top Bottom